PDA

View Full Version : another EP grounded....but one problem

Halo
11-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Hey all,
Installed a DIY grounding kit today.
Noticed a difference in throttle response, it drives smoother, and the engine starts quicker.
The only problem is the bumper lights (front and rear)on the passenger side is not working:(

I used the same grounding points as described by Happies731
negative to battery tie down
negative to strut tower ground
negative to intake manifold
Intake manifold to ground by pulleys
Ground by pulleys to valve cover

I used 4 gauge wire for all points. Except from pulley to valve cover. I run out of 4 gauge so I used 8 gauge.
Could this be the problem?

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated
:) :)

Peking
11-05-2003, 08:45 PM
Shouldn't have to do anything with your bumper lights. A few weeks ago my right one went out, took it to the dealer. Replaced the bulb, you should do the same :D

Driftin SI
11-06-2003, 07:39 AM
Like Jon said, shouldn't have anything to do with what you were doing. Check the bulbs first, then check your fuses.

civicSIracer
11-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Peking
Shouldn't have to do anything with your bumper lights. A few weeks ago my right one went out, took it to the dealer. Replaced the bulb, you should do the same :D
you took your car to Honda to replace a light bulb?

chubbychu
11-07-2003, 12:24 AM
civicSiracer...you are so critical. Get off of people's backs. JERK.

just kidding :D thanks for being blunt

Peking
11-07-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by civicSIracer
you took your car to Honda to replace a light bulb?

Hell yeah, not my fault that the bulb went out premature. So took it to my dealer when I had to get reg. service, and they replaced it. No charge, no hassle :D

skooba
11-07-2003, 09:05 AM
I find that driving to the dealer is more of a hassle then the $3 for the bulb, and the 1 minute and 17 seconds that it takes to install it....... but to each his own.

Peking
11-07-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by vbp si 03
I find that driving to the dealer is more of a hassle then the $3 for the bulb, and the 1 minute and 17 seconds that it takes to install it....... but to each his own.

Like I was sorta saying before, it was easier to take it to the dealer since I was going anyways. Also the side marker was out, could have been the bulb (which it was) or could have been something else like faulty wiring. Like BarracksSi said on 10-04-2003 12:17 PM:
You'll have to push the light towards the middle of the car -- that is, the front ones slide back, and the back ones slide forward. Go far enough and you'll be able to pull the end out of the bumper.
Do like I did with mine -- get impatient and push really hard -- and you might break off a tab like I did.

Seems to take more than a few minutes, and I didn't want to break the tab. Anyway, can't really change anyones opinion about my advice that I gave to the guy. Anyway just trying to post something positive.

oogy-boogy
11-07-2003, 09:57 AM
Hmmm....To get back to your question, the wires should not have affected your bumper lights. Just replace (194 bulb) and you should be all set! :D

Halo
11-07-2003, 10:34 AM
thanks guys,
I just replaced both, the front and rear bumper lights.
Weird how both bulbs burnt out at the same time.
Everything's good now.
:D