PDA

View Full Version : lift!

ryanjennings
11-06-2003, 06:08 PM
i was pulling into auto zone today and there is this curb i didnt see i hit it and it goes like pow so i rush over park look at it while my friend starts laughing.. i look and all that happend was it put a white scrape on the tire and scraped the rubber under the front lip... good thing my car isnt dropped yet, could this cause any driving problems? lose speed, handling etc?

andy
11-06-2003, 06:16 PM
Depending on how hard you hit the curb, you could have misaligned or
bent a rim or something, but I doubt it.
FWIW, I did basically the same thing at work one day. About a week
after I bought my car, I pulled into a parking spot, shot some hoops,t
then was leaving to go back to my building. Pulled forward b/c I
didn't think there was a curb/cement block in that spot - WRONG.
Felt the car stop, then go up the curb. I parked it, got out, made
sure no one was in the lot (doh!), then got back in and reversed.
Car made a nasty smack sound coming back down off the curb and I had
a few scratches underneath the bumper, but to this day nothing is
wrong.

You see kids, sometimes that 4x4 thing comes in handy. ;) lol

styllinep3
11-06-2003, 06:28 PM
these are things u will learn happen to a new car. hence thats why when u sell it its new anymore, its used. i had mine an month and have a nasty door dong, chip all over the hood bumper and, little chips in my winshield from flying on highways. its just what happens it hurts but, if its an everyday car it will get abused. my other 3 new cars all did. all got door dings chips and, tire rubs . i learned to aviod those now by paying attention. but im sorry for u , and just saying to get used to it as it will happen again, again, again,. so just try to pay attention and be carefull.

gabe

oh and one time i was pulling into to a parking spot and pulled right over a damn parking lot crub and, scratch my whole front end underneath. talk about a ouch . my car is lowered, so its hits eveything. i cant even pull it into car wash with the belt that pulls u it gets hung up. i guess its what u have to deal with for fun i will .