PDA

View Full Version : Rear Sway Bar Sizes

f4hondaphile
11-07-2003, 10:39 AM
I would like to hear from you guys that have installed various aftermarket rear sway bars.

Comptech, Neuspeed and Progress all put integrated tie bars on their rear bars saying that this is needed to prevent the much stiffer 22mm bar from pulling out of the mounting brackets on the chassis. However, other companies like Hotchkis use a bar w/out the tie bar, perhaps most telling is that the CTR doesn't use this bar and that Comptech has started offering a 22mm bar for the rsx-s without the brace (probably not a bad deal for $99).

Has anyone experienced problems with CTR or other 22m bars pulling out of the brackets?

Also, does a 22mm bar used with a stock front create too much oversteer? I know on another thread somebody said the use of rsx-s front and rear on an ep (23mm [I think] in front vs 25mm stock ep and 19mm vs 15mm for the rear) created way too much oversteer.

The rsx-s bars represent essentially a front that is 1.21 times larger than rear. Running our stock front of 25mm with the CTR 22mm would mean a front bar that is only about 1.13 times larger than the rear bar. It was my understanding that with our shorter/taller/narrower chassis we need a larger front bar in relation to the rear for proper handling balance, our stock front is about 1.66 times larger than the rear--too much b/c of the understeer it creates--but is says something that Honda chose such a different setup for our car than the rsx.

What has been your guys' experience with aftermarket and rsx-s/CTR bars and how much the handling is changed, I know the car would benefit from a larger bar but is the rsx bar enough bigger or is the CTR bar really much better?

Also, anyone know what the front bar is on a CTR?

Suk02Si
11-07-2003, 11:10 AM
CTR front is also 22mm but the lower control arm is slightly diff. The mounting point for the endlink on the ctr a-arm is in a different position.

I have both the RSX front and rear along with RSX front springs and stock rear springs. The rear rotates much easier now, I haven't tried a 22mm rear bar yet but I doubt you will have "too" much oversteer. :D

Eventually I want to try Mugen's 25mm rear sway along with their 24mm front sway.

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.asp?vehicle=RSX&category=Suspension

so expensive though :eek:

2k2_nbp_egg
11-07-2003, 12:36 PM
400 bux for a fucking rear sway. I got my front and rear shipped to my door for cheaper than that (thx showstopperz) Goddamn I don't see how these bastards are still in business?