PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do In My Shoes?

crex2nr
11-07-2003, 02:49 PM
3 months and 3 weeks, still no car. there was a torrentual downpour 3 months and 3 weeks ago, and i took water in my motor. through the aem cai for that matter. when my car died out, i pulled over and proceeded to expel the water out of the cylinders and throttle body. 2 and a half hours later, i got it started. i drained the oil and changed the filter and drove about a mile to my shop. i then drained the oil and changed the filter two more times. well, the car still ran like shit so i decided to take it to the dealer the next day. after being at the dealer for 2 days, my mechanic told me that 2 of the cylinders have lost power and that i need to contact insurance. after being at the dealer for another 2 weeks, my insurance took the car to one of their shops in the process messing up my b.c. front bumper. after another month at that shop for another month the insurance company denied my claim due to "mechanical wear and tear", with out taking out the head. what bullshit, i called my lawyer and he told me to take it back to the dealer and have them tear it down. well, the do that and 2 weeks later, i get a call saying i need a new motor. 11,788.56 thats a new motor with labor. well a month later and yesteray i was told that i got denied again. im pissed off like a m_)*&*&^*^(*^fer right now and so im just venting out!!! so my ? is, has anyone else have a problem like this with an insurance company, and if so, what were the repercusions? i know this is pretty damn long, but im sure there are some of you who have an answer. thanks for your patience. Jay

ATRIOT
11-07-2003, 03:00 PM
Wow, thats some tough luck, it'll probabley cost more in the end to have a lawyer involved. It seems that the B.C front bumper really exposes the filter element. Good Luck in getting the motor replaced.

crex2nr
11-07-2003, 03:04 PM
thanks, and yes having the lawyer is costing me some coin, and im not seing any results, so i think im still going to pursue the claim with the insurance company, but in the meantime im going to get my car out, and i think im going to drop in a new motor in the meantime.

Chrisbgft
11-07-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by crex2nr
thanks, and yes having the lawyer is costing me some coin, and im not seing any results

ahh..isnt it that way with basically every lawyer...lol. Sorry to hear about your car. Well, maybe if u end up getting the insurance to pay they can just drop a K20A2 in instead? I am sure there isnt a price difference, if anything its very minimal..

ahhhonda
11-07-2003, 03:15 PM
Sounds like a perfect time to drop in a K20A2 or a K24...

fishboy
11-07-2003, 03:18 PM
it was your fault anyway because of the CAI. might as well suck it up and get an a2 from somebody and drop it in. fuck your insurance, fuck the dealer, fuck fuck fuck everybody. no results, spending cash on a lawyer, no car for 3 months, damn that must be rough. just bite the bullet and do everything on your own. oh and drop your insurance while you are at it.

crex2nr
11-07-2003, 03:21 PM
yes, i have options available to me, but i dont know which way to go yet. i have a friend of mine at Honda whose researching whether or not they are bringing the type r over here or not. when he lets me know, then ill decide which motor to drop in. ive had everything for my turbo for the last two months so now im getting a little antsy on putting it in finally

crex2nr
11-07-2003, 03:22 PM
insurance doesnt know that i had a cai. i had a buddy of mine lend me his so thats what im dealing with in the meantime.

crex2nr
11-07-2003, 03:23 PM
a2 would be nice,for sure, but im trying to weigh my options because ive got a ctr clip with my name on it!

bobdobbs
11-07-2003, 03:25 PM
I hate to say it, but you're probably going to have to eat this one since you had a CAI. Your cheapest bet would be to find an A3 that someone swapped out for an A2, or offer to buy somebody's A3, so they can swap in an A2.

STP03BlueSI
11-07-2003, 03:38 PM
damn...that sucks

SiR_d1
11-07-2003, 03:52 PM
That sux man, and wow $11,000 for a new motor!!
You're better off just swaping your engine with a used type s one

tony speed
11-07-2003, 04:06 PM
this goes to prove that the splash guard does do it's job. the combination of a buddy club kit and a CAI is bad news....as i suspected.

crex2nr
11-07-2003, 04:21 PM
i definitely dont recommend the aem cai with the buddy club kit. i bought the car used at the time and the cai was on it. i didnt think nothing of it till the car took a swim. i just wasnt looking to buy a new intake because i was gettin all the parts for my turbo. i guess ill just have to wait and see what happens. thanks for the feedback everybody. hopefully ill be runnin again soon. turbod this time.

ATRIOT
11-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Before you spend the money on a new motor, try to find another dealership and explain to them what happend. I personally know a guy who hydrolocked his Type R (iceman CAI) and the dealership replaced it as a "Goodwill Gesture". I guess it depends on how tight you are with the dealership too. Try reminding them that they would be buying your loyalty, impliying that you would get all your scheduled maintence performed at their dealership. Worth a shot IMO

crex2nr
11-07-2003, 04:35 PM
good idea, but the dealer that has my car are friends of mine. ive been doing work for them for the last 12 years. he was the one that told me to call the insurance up. he has newer bosses and they are wondering why my car has been there for this long. so i dont think that would work. but its an idea nonetheless. thankx

IceD out N CALI
11-07-2003, 07:38 PM
try other dealers, and see if u can get them to take care of it, you never know. good luck

siver-SI
11-07-2003, 07:53 PM
Well if you need a new engine and you have to buy on I could help you out on a weekend. If the engine can be installed form the top I can even bring the engine lift.

EnJaNir
11-07-2003, 08:04 PM
jay give me a call

oldschoolimport
11-07-2003, 08:31 PM
maybe I am the only one that looks at this from a different perspective, but, if you already have the turbo, use this as the sign that a built bottom end would be a good idea. also switch valves. not much else could be hurt from hydrolocking. get rods, pistons, rings and valvetrain. be the first fully built turbo a3 to my knowledge. just a thought.

crex2nr
11-08-2003, 10:43 AM
not a problem building the motor, just a problem with the funds. all this time without the car has cost me a bundle, payments, insurance and lawyer, its all taking its toll. im just going to find another motor and install it for now. then worry about the bad one when i finally get paid for it.

02HatchSI
11-09-2003, 12:15 PM
i will sell you my motor if u want it... 7,XXX miles on it... run's perfect... Never had a problem with it or anything... I work for honda so everything is done there *oil changes, tuning, yada yada... I have a injen cai, dc ceramic header, and magnaflow catback exhaust on right now... i as well have the buddy club kit on... but being a injen cai it goes into the splash guard and is relatively safe.... I have never taken in water!!! so yeah lmk... engine and tranny $3,000 obo + shipping/handling!

02SilverSiHB
11-09-2003, 03:03 PM
i definitely dont recommend the aem cai with the buddy club kit. i bought the car used at the time and the cai was on it. i didnt think nothing of it till the car took a swim. i just wasnt looking to buy a new intake because i was gettin all the parts for my turbo. i guess ill just have to wait and see what happens. thanks for the feedback everybody. hopefully ill be runnin again soon. turbod this time.
whooooaaaa! hold on a second. Did you buy this car used from Honda with Honda warranty? And if it did come with intake on there and the kit, it isn't your fault. If I were you, I'd contact Honda and explain what is going on. Act dumb, like no clue on how water can destroy the engine. Tell them no one is covering your warranty and it is due to parts on the car that the dealer had on there. I think the dealer should cover this...I mean, I know it is your fault...as we all know the chances of having a cai with a body kit like that, exposing the filter even more than normal to water. But definitely try and get the dealer to cover this shit.

crex2nr
11-09-2003, 04:41 PM
when i bought the car, it was from a nissan dealer by the way. honda warranty wont cover it because it was due to a natural disaster. the guys at the dealer,ive known them a long time, but he said he couldnt do it for me.

02SilverSiHB
11-09-2003, 05:13 PM
when i bought the car, it was from a nissan dealer by the way. honda warranty wont cover it because it was due to a natural disaster. the guys at the dealer,ive known them a long time, but he said he couldnt do it for me.
damn :( your insurance company sucks then. What is the name of the company?

crex2nr
11-09-2003, 05:18 PM
ill. founders insurance co. they suck all types of ass. ill just have to wait to see what happens next. in the meantime im pulling my car out of the dealership and im going to start tearing it down furthur by pulling the motor completely out and going from there. we'll see what happens next.

SIxtasy
11-09-2003, 06:16 PM
I know whats gunna happen............... Jay holla at ur boy:D

ep3guy
11-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
it was your fault anyway because of the CAI. might as well suck it up and get an a2 from somebody and drop it in. fuck your insurance, fuck the dealer, fuck fuck fuck everybody. no results, spending cash on a lawyer, no car for 3 months, damn that must be rough. just bite the bullet and do everything on your own. oh and drop your insurance while you are at it.

Exactly how I see it....

Sometimes you just gotta suck it up.. :(

siver-SI
11-09-2003, 08:09 PM
ill. founders insurance co. they suck all types of ass. ill just have to wait to see what happens next. in the meantime im pulling my car out of the dealership and im going to start tearing it down furthur by pulling the motor completely out and going from there. we'll see what happens next.

If you need any help let me know and I will see if I can make it down there.

phatsi
11-09-2003, 11:46 PM
dude....save some cash and drive that shit into a tree...;)

SIxtasy
11-10-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by phatsi
dude....save some cash and drive that shit into a tree...;)

Jay, I actually like this idea. I personally will help you to make this happen. As if I'm not going to be helping anyway. Holla........

- Jeffrey:eek: :eek: :eek:

crex2nr
11-11-2003, 12:03 PM
thanks always for the heads up Jeff! anyways, i should be pickin my ride up today, still in pieces of course, and hopefully ill have some pics of the damage soon.:( :'(

SIxtasy
11-11-2003, 12:10 PM
Let me know when you get it back at the shop. I'll stop by, and we can have another MADDEN fest:D :D :D

Si3
11-11-2003, 12:17 PM
jay that sucks man! good luck with your lawyer and insurance company, but it sounds your best plan of action is as follows: 1. drop your insurance 2. k24 boosted and squeezed will still cost less than a brand new *honda installed* a3 3. sleep on them z06's!!!

let jason i know i still want a rematch, just gotta wait till im out that far north!

-aaron

crex2nr
11-11-2003, 12:20 PM
both of you guys need to call me. as for you Jeff, u should stop on by later and you too Aaron. i should have the K24 in the next couple of weeks, and i also checking into some other stuff as well.

sniperSI
11-11-2003, 01:06 PM
yes, i have options available to me, but i dont know which way to go yet. i have a friend of mine at Honda whose researching whether or not they are bringing the type r over here or not. when he lets me know, then ill decide which motor to drop in. ive had everything for my turbo for the last two months so now im getting a little antsy on putting it in finally

GOD F'N MOTHER F'N JESUS CHRIST F'F F'F F'F'F S'S'S'S'S'S' BITCH F' S' BASTARSD F'F'F''S' N F

They are not bring a type R civc over here. Just buy a goddamn k20 and be happy with a 13 second na honda.

crex2nr
11-11-2003, 06:10 PM
well, its finally here. my car back at my shop that is. its on jackstands and my front bumper is off. ill post some pics soon. as far as the ctr is concerned, my buddy told me that honda is giving him the runaround and telling him to "check online for any info on the ctr" what a load of b.s. that is. anyways, im going to end up getting the k24 as well as other goodies in the next couple of weeks. so ill be a little bit happier soon enough.

siver-SI
11-11-2003, 06:37 PM
So after looking is anything good in the engine or is it all toast? I wish you good luck with your car man it seems as soon as something goes right something will go wrong for you. Just remember after you get your EP back on the road you can not go to Starbucks no matter what.

crex2nr
11-12-2003, 08:40 AM
ill just be going to starbucks on my off nights, and ill be in front this time.:cool:

crex2nr
11-12-2003, 08:41 AM
ill just be going to starbucks on my off nights, and ill be in front this time.:cool: i dont fully know if the engine is toast just yet. ill have to wait to pull it out and send it to get checked, but that wont be for a bit

crex2nr
11-18-2003, 07:24 PM
just some pics i had before the incident

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.jsp?invite=uEkrYRJ4h5YtgYvahU60&shareName=Photo

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.jsp?invite=LEzrY4J0h55XB5LzU7Q0&shareName=Photo

and here the afters

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.jsp?invite=LEtrYzJ4hPaXtkuk0aEL&shareName=Photo

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.jsp?invite=hEUrYSJOhPaxTz6LokIL&shareName=Photo

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.jsp?invite=zEJrYoJBhPapcYEzzUHU&shareName=Photo

TheMutt
11-18-2003, 07:47 PM
You say that after you took in motor, changed your oil, all that good stuff your car still ran crappy. What do you mean?

crex2nr
11-18-2003, 07:52 PM
after i changed the oil 3 times, the oil light in the gauge cluster was still half lit. it ran ok for a bit, but when i drove it and went over 3,000 rpm, it stuttered like hell!!! thats when i decided to take it in to the dealer and now im back to square 1, and still dont have a running car

Zero Three Si
11-18-2003, 08:12 PM
I'll buy your bumper!

crex2nr
11-18-2003, 08:42 PM
ill have to wait and see what i decide to do. i should know in a month or so what im going to do with the car

siver-SI
11-18-2003, 08:42 PM
Poor EP and you. I just wish you the best of luck with everything. I can not understand the insurance because if it got dammaged by something in nature I would think it would be covered.

crex2nr
11-18-2003, 08:48 PM
its just that when it first happened, i took all the water out. thats what the insurance is trying to fight. the fact that i took the water out for them is reason enough for them to deny me. but i have proof that water is what caused the problem, they know that, but they dont want to pay the 12,000 bill i got from my dealer. i have to force the appraisal clause in my policy which basically means they know they are going to pay, but they need to get an umpire between myself and them to get a final amount.

oldschoolimport
11-18-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
I'll buy your bumper! damn vultures:D
what kind of long term effects will going into arbitration have on your insurability? also, if you go through arbitration, and they don't pay the whole bill, will they cut the check to you, since it would be insufficient to pay the dealer. that way you might be able to get the k20a and do it yourself. good luck.

crex2nr
11-19-2003, 08:46 AM
as far as long term affects with this insurance company, im cancelling them and going with someone else. as far as i know, theyll be cuttin me a check, and besides that, i have a k24 on the way

Driftin SI
11-19-2003, 09:05 AM
as far as long term affects with this insurance company, im cancelling them and going with someone else. as far as i know, theyll be cuttin me a check, and besides that, i have a k24 on the way

good to hear :D

66elwood99
11-19-2003, 12:23 PM

Where did you get your K24? and how much?

Good Luck on the swap :D

crex2nr
11-19-2003, 12:25 PM
around 1300 shipped to me, its a place in Ohio, but i have to find their #; if interested, pm me

SIxtasy
11-19-2003, 01:13 PM
Hey you got that shit from me!!!!!!!!!!!!J/K Let me know when it gets here Jay

- jeffrey

crex2nr
11-19-2003, 01:15 PM
hey Jeff, shouldnt you be at work? :eek: :eek: :eek: