PDA

View Full Version : Alignment question

k2ep3
11-07-2003, 10:31 PM
I am thinking to do Alignment soon. My plan is Camber Front 0.00', Rear -0.45', Caster Front 1.33', Toe Front 0, Rear IN 2mm. Sorry, I cannot type degrees symbol, so I just type . instead.

Does anyone have suggestion about those setting???

bobdobbs
11-07-2003, 10:45 PM
Why zero camber in the front and -3/4 degree in the rear? I'm just trying to understand what you're trying to achieve here.

k2ep3
11-07-2003, 11:31 PM
you know what? actually, i don't know anything... LOL. but, that's JDM Civic Type R setting... I have friend who drive Civic Type R in Japan, and I asked him about the stock setting... Well, I asked him to call to dealership, and this is the number that came up with...

i just wanted to know the opinion. i think Type R setting should be good, but i thought there might be better setting too. so, i wanted to ask everybody about opinions.

bobdobbs
11-07-2003, 11:40 PM
<sigh> There's nothing magical about the letters J, D, and M.

Let's start out this way: What do you want to do? Drag race, autocross, or just drive fast around the neighborhood? Also, what other suspension mods do you have, especially sway bars?

k2ep3
11-07-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
<sigh> There's nothing magical about the letters J, D, and M.

Let's start out this way: What do you want to do? Drag race, autocross, or just drive fast around the neighborhood? Also, what other suspension mods do you have, especially sway bars?

hmmmmm... that's tough question... because, i haven't done anything for my suspension setting... i mean, i do have Skunk 2 coilover but that's it, but i'm not satisfied with it, so i am thinking to go for Tein Flex coilover later. well, i'm a type for going autocross or drifting.

bobdobbs
11-08-2003, 12:10 AM
Okay, well it sounds like you need a general-purpose setup, for spirited driving, not necessarily competition. Have them set toe to specs and set your camber to -1 degree in the front and -0.75 degrees in the rear. You probably want to add an RSX 19mm rear bar as well. With the stock front bar, that would be a good general purpose set-up that won't destroy your tires.

I would not recommend the "JDM Type R" settings you list above. Bad idea.

rs_1101
11-08-2003, 12:18 AM
yea, the ctr settings did sound alittle strange.. no camber in front, but toe+camber in back? wow. usually you at least have some neg front camber in a FF car b/c thats where most of your traction comes from.

k2ep3
11-08-2003, 12:35 AM
thanks for suggestion