PDA

View Full Version : HID w/o High Beam a problem?

FACTION95Si
11-08-2003, 11:15 AM
I'm planning on getting an HID kit for my EP. I can get a way better deal on an H4 kit without the low beam. I'm wondering what kit you guys are running on your EP? High and low or just low beam? Do you have the need for a high HID beam if you have just a low?

2k2_nbp_egg
11-08-2003, 12:17 PM
My kit is just the low beam, and if i could do it over again i would get the high/low. I believe a high beam is needed to pass inspection, so when i need to go get my car inspected i'll prolly have to plug the halogens back in, unless i can find a crooked shop.

I also get flashed w/ high beams by a bunch of people coming the other way, so to blind em' even more w/ high beams would rock. Oh well, maybe there's someway i could get a high beam conversion or something.

02civicSI
11-09-2003, 12:53 PM
yea thats smart blind the drivers that are coming towards you :p

2k2_nbp_egg
11-09-2003, 10:38 PM
sarcasm > you:confusem:

kadafi
11-09-2003, 11:52 PM
fortunately my hid kit is hi/low..

and i found that hi beam is necessary.

SiR_YO
11-16-2003, 12:18 PM
I have Hi/Low as well, but DRL don't work.. I would suggest paying that extra $ for hi/low

prracer617
12-08-2003, 10:58 AM
yes hes right the high and low is neded to pass inspection even thoe its only take about 20 minutes to convert back get it inspected and convert right back to hid...it is a pain in the ass if you lazy...so if yo ucan start from the begining i would ge high /and low but the high one is cool to you can gt away with it most cops see the car as new so you dont get that much shit for it ...as long as you dont take out the center cap that bounces the beam back.........

prracer617
12-08-2003, 11:00 AM
you could also tap a small wire to let it work on both high and low same setting ....but only do it if you know what you doing those bulbs are expensive

FACTION95Si
12-08-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by prracer617
you could also tap a small wire to let it work on both high and low same setting ....but only do it if you know what you doing those bulbs are expensive

I dont think you know what your talkin about? The HID H4 bulbs are single fillament.

prracer617
12-10-2003, 10:52 AM
i know they are what im saying is if you tap it to the same terminal when you you high beam its will use the same light its not gonna get brighter or lower just the same so it dont shut off like when ou high beam thats what makes it illegal not having it no one said it couldnt be the same

CivicSiR
12-25-2003, 01:40 PM
What HID systems are you all running?

I'd recommend hi/low btw.

beansbear
12-31-2003, 11:59 AM
The JDM HID are single dip only so no highbeams. I guess I could swap mine out and put the dual beam H4 beams in there but that would mean taking apart the integrated JDM assembly. no sense in that.... but i wish it had the highbeams.