PDA

View Full Version : ALEX C-Pillar Bar Review.

rswbrixton
11-08-2003, 10:58 PM
After Mugen suspension , 22mm rear sway , Spoon lower tie-bar , the next bit of mod work was the ALEX C-Pillar bar . Fastened on the c pillars just behind and above the rear seat belt anchors . Required a small cut out in the interior panels ( 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inches) to fix the bar ends to the seat belt anchor bolt.

This mod does indeed add more rigidity to the rear upper chassis . Combined with the 22mm sway and lower tie bar , this car is very very firmly planted . Feedback through the chassis is incredible . You are so aware of the mechanics and position of the car .

Another 2 thumbs up for this project .

Big thanks to William and Albert and company at Speedstar.ca

Next couple weeks will see the arival up ALEX front and rear strut bars .

Civicvtec1ps
11-09-2003, 12:15 AM
Can you post some pics?
how much did you pay?

ep3guy
11-09-2003, 12:21 AM
I have a couple of friends with integras and civics, who got the c-pillar bars and said they're crap and all show. Didn't notice a difference at all. Maybe it might be different on our cars. At least it makes a good camera mount though. :D

rswbrixton
11-09-2003, 09:44 AM
Will try for pics later today . 195.00 Canadian was the price i paid .

With the stiffend and firm suspension , with the Mugens , lower tie bar and 22 mm sway , i installed the c-pillar to remove any possible "weak links" in the back of the car . Soon to come is the ALEX rear and front strut bars. The combined effect certainly amounts to one extremely rigid chassis , over and above what is already a uni-body formed like a tank .

No sign of diminishing returns yet . All provide something extra. Take out the flex from top to bottom .

klik
11-11-2003, 01:09 AM
doesn't J's racing make one too, im planning to get me one of this.

can anyone help me find a front tower bar? or any JDM tower bar is out for our car yet?

spoon3168
11-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by ep3guy
I have a couple of friends with integras and civics, who got the c-pillar bars and said they're crap and all show. Didn't notice a difference at all. Maybe it might be different on our cars. At least it makes a good camera mount though. :D
that's weird coz my ep3 and my friend dc2-r felt a difference on the track, we felt that we could kick out the rear end more