PDA

View Full Version : CAI + Rain

CiViCnBlu
11-09-2003, 01:34 AM
anybody have problems with ur CAI and the rain....

ep3guy
11-09-2003, 01:55 AM
None here when I had one... :D

Just don't drive into huge deep puddles. If you see a big puddle, put it in neutral and drive through it.

goy091
11-09-2003, 02:44 AM
or you could just sell ur intake to me ;) , yea but what ep3guy said, dont drive through big puddles of standing water, and if you do, coast through them and you should be fine.

r3p00c
11-09-2003, 06:21 AM
most of the people who have had problems don't have the bottom plastic guard in place (i.e. with a buddy club front bumper). If you still have your stock bumper, you'll be fine... theres no way for water to hit the filter, unless you submerge the front end of your car for a long time. if not, i'd consider making some sort of splash guard that fits underneath the aftermarket bumper.

PeteSan3
11-09-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by CiViCnBlu
anybody have problems with ur CAI and the rain....

I just read a post on here yesterday about a member on here that hydrolocked his engine. The dealership wanted a little over 11k to replace his engine! What a rip. I guess I should be a little worried too, because its starting to rain here in CA, and I have a Injen CAI and Buddy Club kit.

PeteSan3
11-09-2003, 07:56 AM
Here is the link. I feel bad for the guy.
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23870

IceD out N CALI
11-09-2003, 09:55 AM
yeah that guy is the first on ephatch to hydrolock his engine so far. u could always get the icebox or sri if ur paranoid

VIZHUNZ02SI
11-09-2003, 10:17 AM
ive have problem with my cai n rain
but my car is lowered as well
ive went as far as going to a hardware store and buying a 3inch pipe thats bent to a L shape so i can redirect the filter. i have an aem cai with a hks foam filter. its great on normal days but a pain when it rain. its do the point where i might have to get some more piping and run the cai throught the hole that by the battery and bac into the engine bay or jus find some flexable metal to make something simular to a heat shield.

Zero Three Si
11-09-2003, 10:51 AM
I know that I want the Injen CAI...but I'm a bit worried. I guess when I install it, I know to avoid puddles of water.

sai_iii
11-09-2003, 04:43 PM
yeah i wish Aem would make a bypass valve for our cai's. Then when i buy my cai, i'll buy the bypass valve too and not worry about it.

VIZHUNZ02SI
11-10-2003, 06:31 AM
aem doesnt make one for their cai it one whole piece unlike injen i think its 2 or 3 sections to where you can jus add the bypass some where. for the aem u would have to cut out an inch to an inch and a half to get it to fit properly. aem cai is a direct fit you have to keep it theat way due to the tight spacing

sai_iii
11-10-2003, 06:46 AM
damn didn't know that. thanks for the info.:)