PDA

View Full Version : mugen radiator kit

abstrack
11-09-2003, 04:33 PM
wat is it? how does it look lik? does it do anything special?

beauy
11-09-2003, 05:50 PM
Mugen doesn;t make a radiator for our cars, they make radiator caps, and Thermoswitches, and Thermostats

Heitzke
11-09-2003, 09:23 PM
I think hes talking about the Mugen Radiator Duct kit.

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/product.asp?detail=1446

It looks like it just opens up the JDM front bumper some more to help air get through to the radiator. Dont quote me on that though, just an educated guess.

abstrack
11-10-2003, 02:09 PM
ic... yah cuz its on the sticky thread that has the prices for all the kits. Just wondering wat it was... doesanyone here have it??

Mugen_EP
11-10-2003, 02:26 PM
Im unaware of anyone who has actually purchased this piece but Heitzke is absolutely correct. You cut into the JDM bumber and put this piece in its place to allow better air flow to the radiator. I also beleive it is constucted of carbon fiber.

1 fstr si
12-04-2003, 05:20 AM
does anyone know if it will fit the USDM front bumper or is it a strictly JDM add-on piece.

trk
12-04-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
Im unaware of anyone who has actually purchased this piece but Heitzke is absolutely correct. You cut into the JDM bumber and put this piece in its place to allow better air flow to the radiator. I also beleive it is constucted of carbon fiber.

that guy selling off all his JDM shit for way to much money, remember that thread??? you deleted my comments ... remember? that guy had one installed....

maybe you can find it ... I couldnt...

CivicHB
12-04-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by 1 fstr si
does anyone know if it will fit the USDM front bumper or is it a strictly JDM add-on piece.

Ok it fits in the place where the european plate will go ( same thing in japan but they have plates like us, go figure ), you know the slender rectangle shape depressed in the front of the JDM/EDM EP3 bumpers, not just type-R's either the base model EP3's over there have'em to.

My question is, why can't any of U.S. bumper owners just get a body shop to install it for us(custom). I would love to have it to assist in heat disipation. I'm just suggesting it due to it being a very functional upgrade. not sure if its worth the $$$ though.

AkronSi
12-04-2003, 11:55 AM
I'm sure you could have somone put it in for you.

I think King's website says a USDM one is coming soon....but who knows when. I'd love one.

Mugen_EP
12-04-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by AkronSi
I'm sure you could have somone put it in for you.

I think King's website says a USDM one is coming soon....but who knows when. I'd love one.

King's web site has stated a USDM version of all Mugen products "coming soon" for the EP. It's been over 2 yrs now so dont hold your breath.

Mugen_EP
12-04-2003, 12:03 PM
http://fizzautosports.com/images/gallery/Fizz_ep3_5_b.jpg

CivicHB
12-04-2003, 12:19 PM
correct me if I'm wrong but that is an Si in your last post ( somehow I doubt it though ), Mugen_EP? it looks great.

if so then I will purchasing that duct in the near future.

Mugen_EP
12-04-2003, 12:43 PM
It is an Si but with JDM bumpers. Sorry for the confusion.

Russell T
12-05-2003, 12:39 PM
OMG, that looks awesome, gotta get me one a those for my Type R, will look sweet with a really small licence plate.
Russ.