PDA

View Full Version : tring to get type R handling from my SI

vivid blue Si
11-09-2003, 08:52 PM
can you drop the EP 1 to 1.5 inches and still align it correctly?
I have seen posts with people mentioning a suspention piece to correct
the -&+ camber problems. I noticed that black Si that had a nice drop(posted this weekend) and the rear tires had to much negative camber and I was thinking about droping it about 15mm like my R as I love the
handling of that car. I know there is a ton of things that make it handle well but I know the drop is a great start. basically can I drop it 1 to 1.5 and then have it align as is? thanks for all the info
in advance! I just dont want to go to low as my R scrapes on even small speed bumps.

02SilverSiHB
11-09-2003, 09:40 PM
you can always get some full coilover kits so you can lower it to your liking and adjust the shocks to handle like you want.
But if you want to go with just springs, you'll probably want eibach pro kit and then get some koni yellow shocks (fully adjustable).

you'll need a camber kit for the rear if you want to be back in specs. I'd go for ingalls.

!@#$%
11-09-2003, 10:56 PM
i like the progress springs, but if I had to choose a different brand to go with it would be the eibach sportlines. The camber kits i have are SPC and Honda had no problems completely aligning my car after it was lowered.

vivid blue Si
11-09-2003, 11:37 PM
thanks for your input

BlasTech
11-10-2003, 08:30 AM
I think you can easily get better than Type R's stock suspension. If you have the $$ Mugen suspension is practically it, but probably better.

02TafWhtSi
11-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
I think you can easily get better than Type R's stock suspension. If you have the $$ Mugen suspension is practically it, but probably better.

I agree - a worthy upgrade compared to the Type R's :)