PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Alignment/Steering

Aaron 02 Si
11-09-2003, 09:14 PM
Problem:
While driving with the steering wheel centered, the car pulls slightly to the left. I checked the tire Pressure and it still pulls to left. Any idea what maybe be causing this? If it is an alignment error, is this covered by the warranty from Honda? If not, how much would it cost to get this repaired?

Also, someone at the mall hit my rear bumper. What is the cheapest I can get a new rear bumper?
Constructive comments only please.
Thanks
Aaron

Tenacious G
11-09-2003, 09:27 PM
your alignment sounds like it's off. i've taken mine in twice for off-center steering. seems my dealer can't quite get it right. under 12,000 miles, the dealer will fix it at no charge. but after that, it's considered normal wear and tear and they won't fix it for free. alignment charges vary, so i couldn't give you an accurate estimate.

o0LuNatiK
11-09-2003, 09:42 PM
I've noticed the alignment problem since i drove off the lot. I've dropped my car by 1.5 inches and got an alignment at goodyear b/c i hit some really nasty bumps and got airborne on Indiana Purdue Univ. Literally off the ground. That was fun until my alignment got way off. Anyways, here's the thing, notice that most of the US roads are slanted higher on the right driver side and lower on the left passenger side. In this case the steering wheel is held left a lil bit. If the road is slanted higher on the right side and lower on the left, the steering wheel is held more towards the right. Only when the road is perfectly even (very unlikely) that you can just let your steering wheel go and it'll steer itself straight :) Keep notice of that and let me know if i am right?