PDA

View Full Version : Quick KW help

mikkellucci
11-10-2003, 09:10 AM
I just wondered if you guys could share your secret(s) for getting the center nut/damper rod torqued down? When I installed these on my EP I had a hellluva time with this nut....The damper just spins unless you hold it in place via vicegrip. It was a long process tighting with a wrench while holding the damper with vicegrips....And it felt like the damper could easily strip at any moment.

So I was hoping someone could suggest a better way to torque this nut down while keeping the dampers from adjusting?
Any suggestions!?!?! THANKS
http://www.personal.kent.edu/~mlucci/images/kwtorque.jpg

Ocelaris
11-11-2003, 05:29 PM
use an adjustable wrench? don't know exactly what it's called, but stand that thing up paralell on top of the adjustment, like you have to put the nut on a little ways before you can get the wrench in there, but then just use an open wrench to turn the big nut... at least that's what I did and it worked fine... the key is recognizing that the top piece above the threads, but right below the adjustment turny thing is not a circle, but has two paralell faces so you can put a wrench on it...

ok, the pic shows a wrench aiming south west, and two vertical lines where the adjustable wrench should grip... hope this helps. Ocelaris

Ocelaris
11-11-2003, 05:36 PM
here's a little better pic...

AkronSi
11-12-2003, 06:46 AM
I don't know why that last picture made me laugh.

Thanks for the tip though. I'll have to remember that for whenever I order my kit.

greenguy
11-12-2003, 11:54 AM
dude your bolts are waaay coroded! Whats up with that?