PDA

View Full Version : That new neon crap!!

bgsteve523
11-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Hey I have yet to see one of thoes new neons on the road but I have seen then at the dealer. They said this car will do 0-60 in 5.4 and 1/4 in 13.85 is that true and if so holy crap what do i need to do to my si to be faster than one of thoes guys? I am looking at the revhard and greedy kit with the intercooler but will these kits even match the power of this neon. I am thinking I should have got one of thoes its only like $1,000 dollars more than my Si was.
Thanks,
Steve O

surfsi
11-10-2003, 06:12 PM
I have the cybernation stage1 and I can't wait till I smoke one of those POS. Oh and by the way it'll always be a neon.

andy
11-10-2003, 06:17 PM
A turbo kit should get you close to an SRT-4 (keep in mind you'll
want a new clutch/flywheel and stickier tires as well). Next year
(2004), the SRT-4 gets an LSD, so you may want to consider that, too.

FWIW, I saw a mostly stock looking SRT-4 run a mid-high 14 at a track
in FL. An EVO ran right next to it, it pulled a low 14 (14.4 or so).

bgsteve523
11-10-2003, 06:21 PM
You said the 2004 gets an LSD im sorry I have no idea what that is? It just kind of sucks that we have to dump all of this money in our si's to even come close to the power and speed of this neon.

BlackNRedSi
11-10-2003, 06:54 PM
LSD=Limited Slip Differential...

and yes the new SRT4 is fwaking FAST...and YES you need a new clutch even with a cybernation kit to keep up with them. and yes they can bump up their boost to kill even a boosted EP...they are built on a lot of mopar parts...they maybe able to take a boosted EP in a straight line, but they SUCK like hell in the corners...their shift knobs break off if you slam gears too hard....but yes they can be easily modded (their turbo) all the way up to stage 3 and still keep factory warranty what the SI cant do! :(

but yes i agree with Surf on dis one, they still a NEON i don

BlackNRedSi
11-10-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by bgsteve523
You said the 2004 gets an LSD im sorry I have no idea what that is? It just kind of sucks that we have to dump all of this money in our si's to even come close to the power and speed of this neon.

dont worry about the money you put into your car man...our engine is by far better then the engine used in the srt4....more reliable as well, better car as well too...i would so rather say i own a civic, over a neon...

bgsteve523
11-11-2003, 01:36 PM
True I would always like to say I own a civic over a neon any day thats why I didn't even look at one before I decided to get my Si. I just hope if I put a turbo in my car and spend the money and time ill be able to take out a stock neon. I know there not very good cars my wife even said when I told her I might want to trade in my Si for a neon she said no way in hell you will ever own a neon. Good advise from her I think. Anyways thanks for the input guys I hope our turbo kits drop in price a little so I can get one soon.
Thanks,
Steve O

klubhedsi
11-11-2003, 02:02 PM
Well I would think a modded neon would be in the same ballpark of a turbocharged Si. The si should run mid to low 13's, and I think most of the stage1 with more bolt ons run that!

2k2SiAutoXer
11-11-2003, 05:33 PM
just wait till radiationvictim catches wind of you all talking smack about his beloved neon. I sure hate it for you guys. An about you all saying that the neon sucks in the corners--you better read up on the neon because that car will tear up an autocross course.

--Tom

esmith13
11-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Now, I'm one to say the civic is STILL just a GreenTree Company's Economy car -- BUT....

A neon is a bigger piece of poop any day...

Nuff said!!

And I'l tell Blaise that to his face @ the track tomorrow... ;)

Eric

evilep3
11-17-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by surfsi
I have the cybernation stage1 and I can't wait till I smoke one of those POS. Oh and by the way it'll always be a neon.

i agree, i would rather drive i big hick truck than a neon! i have a freind who has put over a thousand into n/a mods into his 99 R/T and guess what I BEAT HIM STOCK!! LOL :D