PDA

View Full Version : Bodykits? Does anyone remember their original purpose?

Aaron 02 Si
11-11-2003, 12:56 AM
Back in my day of the Daihatsu

r3p00c
11-12-2003, 08:23 AM
lets face it... no one here has bought a kit for the sake of downforce, nor has anyone said they've gained significant amounts of it from adding a kit. unless you're doing some heavy track racing or something like that, it's pointless to worry about your downforce. hell, the car is heavy enough as it is to keep its ass glued to the ground :)

tony speed
11-13-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by r3p00c
it's pointless to worry about your downforce. hell, the car is heavy enough as it is to keep its ass glued to the ground :)

i for one enjoy going around corners at near limits of traction. Even at fairly slow speeds, downforce will substantially increase your traction around corners. spoilers are good for downforce.

There are also other considerations to consider when buying parts. I for one have a goal of going turbo, and with turbo a person has to consider heating, so any kit that allows more air to reach the intercooler and radiator is good. Also, a hood (bonnet) which would allow heat to escape from the engine bay would be desirable.

civic hatch boi
11-13-2003, 01:18 PM
yea, only reason i bought my spoiler was for downforce.. now im glued to the ground like no other.. when i change lanes, i can totally feel it.

ny-quiL
11-13-2003, 01:19 PM
well, since i have OEM spoiler on my car, im guessing if i jumped my car off a bridge like in that movie i would fly off into the ozone?
...guess its time to go to autozone and get one of those huge aluminum spoilers ;)

I, for one, welcome our new "downforce" overlords......

:D