PDA

View Full Version : Sweet.

JoeB16
09-12-2002, 06:01 PM
http://www.jaccars.com/fotos%20insolitas/humor/FOTOSCURIOSAS/images/turbocross.jpg
http://www.tgfab.com/stool4.jpg
http://www.tgfab.com/stool3.jpg
note the x drilled disc brake!

"Built completely here in the shop, this ultimate pit cruiser has: 4130 steel tube chassis and pedal assembly, 160cc overhead cam Honda hemi, teeny IHI turbo, a handmade billet belt drive oil pump (for the turbo), custom ceramic coated 1 1/4 inch header and 2 inch exhaust, billet aluminum intake manifold, fabricated aluminum gas tank, cross drilled hydraulic disc brakes (maybe a little too much brake), Dunlop slicks, etc...

Oh yeah, and a "spool" haha. (remember, spools don't wreck cars, people do)

The answers to the popular questions are: No I don't know how fast it goes due to health concerns, but race karts with similar gearing go about 70 mph. Yes this turbo is available and I will sell you as many as you want for $1400 each, you can be the first guy on your block with a turbocharged lawn mower.

And remember, almost everything that goes through my shop gets turbo'd, so be careful where and what you park around here."

http://www.tgfab.com/Cars.htm

SpeedRacer
09-12-2002, 06:04 PM
that is sweet first cool thing you have posted so far keep it up joe and maybe we can be friends.

JoeB16
09-12-2002, 06:06 PM
dont bother me, unless its to tell me your going to make it to carlsbad this saturday.

DJQuikFingaz
09-12-2002, 06:07 PM
shut it.

I think you should take that as a NO, speed. :rolleyes:

2k2civicSi
09-12-2002, 06:07 PM
thats so tight id i had a shit load of money laying around id buy one

JoeB16
09-12-2002, 06:08 PM
ehhh, too unstable. although id SO like to have that set up in a real kart racer with wider track and stance. neat novelty tho, which is why i posted it.

SpeedRacer
09-12-2002, 06:18 PM
you should put a front mount IC on that bad boy

civic hatch boi
09-12-2002, 07:22 PM
its really nice to see joe and speed getting along. makes me so joyous. keep up the good work fellas.

02blksi
09-12-2002, 08:28 PM
"dont bother me, unless its to tell me your going to make it to carlsbad this saturday." -- joeb16

civic hatch boi, dont think they are exactly best friends;) yet .. LOL --joe

SpeedRacer
09-12-2002, 08:32 PM
oh no that is just a front he loves me.

Hondatech
09-12-2002, 08:41 PM
be the first guy on your block with a turbocharged lawn mower

Sweeeeeet.... Strap that turbo onto the Honda mower, and go show that long grass whats what!

Reading my mowers manual the other day, it says it can take 78 octane gas... that would seem to indicate that with a tank of 94, I could either shave the bejesus out of the head and up compression (which might make pull-starting, uh, harder), or pump a few pounds of boost into it....

02blksi
09-12-2002, 09:21 PM
WHAT did you say HONDATECH??? You would use HIGHER OCTANE?? LOL jk/ man, ahhhhh memories of a thread that had 100+ posts 1000+ views and 3 causalties hahahha whats up man??? BTW, whats the low down on the oil filter debate? When i changed my oil this week the replacement filter that i bought from honda is the same size (small) as the one that originally came on the car, now why are some people getting the larger ones??? From what i was told by the local honda-tech was that the smaller one is specifically made for the 02 SI while the bigger ones were used for the older gen civics? what are your thoughts? thanks --joe

CleanBlackSi02
09-12-2002, 09:28 PM
That thing rules. Too bad you can't strap in tightly.

Hondatech
09-12-2002, 09:30 PM
WHAT did you say HONDATECH??? You would use HIGHER OCTANE??

In a Honda product rated for lower, no less :p

Yup, I can see it now.... mower with the turbo, front mount intercooler, Profec B boost controller "Yup, 57 horse to the blade at 30 PSI! I can cut the lawn in 10.27!"

From what i was told by the local honda-tech was that the smaller one is specifically made for the 02 SI while the bigger ones were used for the older gen civics? what are your thoughts? thanks

There really shouldn't be any deabte. The smaller diameter filters are designed to clear the right inner CV axle on the K series motors (RSX, CR-V, Si/SiR, 2003 Accord 4 cylinders). An older "normal" sized Honda filter (which fits pretty much everything since 1988, and all current motors, excluding K series motors and Insights) may come into contact with the axle, and get a hole chewed in 'er. Not good. I've heard of other dealerships selling those "normal" sized ones to Ep owners, sating that the smaller ones are just for break in. WRONG! Warranty might not cover a wrecked motor from a holed "normal" filter that someone installed them selves, even if it was your local jackass parts department that sold it to you. You'd own them if their service guys put one on though... makes me sad that it seems to be an issue for other dealerships, tarnishing the already somewhat beaten image of dealers... If all else fails, get them to look the part # up on their computer. That'll learn 'em!

2k2civicSi
09-12-2002, 09:35 PM
http://www.tgfab.com/Potaterminator.jpg

that shit is phat