PDA

View Full Version : Another One Bites The Dust!!!

Zero Three Si
11-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Yup my car got hit. In my eyes it might as well be totaled. In all honesty, it's so freakin minor. Some chick backed into my front bumper while it was parked. It's just scuffed up paint but I'm so disappointed. It happned at like midnight so I couldn't really see how bad the damage was. I've yet to go look at the car just because I'm scared to see how bad it is. I'm going to take it to a few shops to see how much it would cost to fix it.

I'll update you guys later today.

:(

03hatch
11-11-2003, 12:16 PM
aww damn bitch...type r bumper? :D
got any pic of the damage?

Zero Three Si
11-11-2003, 12:20 PM
No pictures yet....I only have a digital camera at work and I didn't go today. I gave that exact excuse to my girlfriend today. Ummmm...honey, sweetie, pumpkin.....I think it's time for an aftermarket bumper.

bobdobbs
11-11-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Yup my car got hit.
NOOOOOOoooooo!!!!!!

Man, I'm sorry to hear that! Did you grab her by the neck and smack her face into her hood, breaking her nose and spilling blood allover?

Zero Three Si
11-11-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
NOOOOOOoooooo!!!!!!

Man, I'm sorry to hear that! Did you grab her by the neck and smack her face into her hood, breaking her nose and spilling blood allover?

No, I was walking into a bar and I saw the girl getting into her car. She hit it after I went inside.

fishboy
11-11-2003, 12:27 PM
sucks. no biggie though. just go jdm like 03hatch recommended. :)

Driftin SI
11-11-2003, 12:29 PM
:( sucks dude

03hatch
11-11-2003, 01:56 PM
No, I was walking into a bar and I saw the girl getting into her car. She hit it after I went inside.

so you didnt get her infO? what a bitch

type r bumper...:D i think you girlfriend will understand.

klubhedsi
11-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Accidents are the best times to mod your car!

chubbychu
11-11-2003, 02:23 PM
dang man..at least it wastn too bad.

03hatch
11-11-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by klubhedsi
Accidents are the best times to mod your car!

hell yea... :D

Zero Three Si
11-11-2003, 04:44 PM
Ok so I finally got motivated to get out of bed today. I gave the EP a nice warm bath and buffed out whatever I could. It doesn't look half bad at all. The headlight is like 1/32 of an inch out of place. To any non car enthusist, they scratches look OEM...hehehe

Well at least I can now add one more plan to my winter wish list.

RiceCzechs
11-11-2003, 06:47 PM
I feel for you... this morning I parallel-parked a little too close to the curb at Starbucks (Yes, I'm one of "those people" *lol*), hit the curb... I could practically feel the clearcoat scraping off of my pristine stockies. I was too embarrased to get out and take a look just then (besides, it would've made me run late for work), so I looked when I got to work. Thankfully, my fears were groundless, as they somehow survived unmolested. One good thing about our crappy little alloys is that they don't protrude beyond the sidewall face of the tire! :)

Vivid-Cruz
11-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Yup my car got hit. In my eyes it might as well be totaled. In all honesty, it's so freakin minor. Some chick backed into my front bumper while it was parked. It's just scuffed up paint but I'm so disappointed. It happned at like midnight so I couldn't really see how bad the damage was. I've yet to go look at the car just because I'm scared to see how bad it is. I'm going to take it to a few shops to see how much it would cost to fix it.

I'll update you guys later today.

:(

when i got hit i was freaking out too, but I found out its only gonna cost me about 450$ to fix.. so go check it out.. GL

Zero Three Si
11-11-2003, 09:40 PM
Yeah...got 3 estimates from body shops....

$319, $459, $478.....You guys can straight BLOW me!!!

civicSIracer
11-11-2003, 10:42 PM
well.. take the highest one to the biotch that hit you and ask for a check, if she doesent want to cut you a check call her insurance company and tell them what happened. hopefull you will make out nicley with a JDM type R bumper for next to nothing.. good luck

BluePearl03Si
11-12-2003, 02:09 AM
Isn't the JDM type R bumper just a normal Si bumper with a lip stuck on it? If not, I'll buy that.

My front bumper is fucked up too, and I didn't catch who did it....My insurance deductable is 500 dollars so the cost of replacing it really isn't "Covered". Perfect excuse to buy a kit!

StLouisSilverSI
11-12-2003, 05:35 AM
I feel your pain man, Oct 30th a person sideswiped my poor little EP. Thankfully she stopped and my poor little car is in the bodyshop as I speak...the only bad thing is her insurance company said the wheel can be buffed out...i told my guy at the bodyshop that if it dont "buff out" then i'm getting a new wheel...he said he'd let me know if it didnt buff out and i could call them, said they dont like dealing with irate customers...looks like i might just have to get irate on their ass...:D

furious
11-12-2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by civicSIracer
well.. take the highest one to the biotch that hit you and ask for a check, if she doesent want to cut you a check call her insurance company and tell them what happened. hopefull you will make out nicley with a JDM type R bumper for next to nothing.. good luck

he doesn't have her info...

here is something to think about, why even tell your betterhalf that it will be a Type-R bumper?;)

furious
11-12-2003, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by StLouisSilverSI
..the only bad thing is her insurance company said the wheel can be buffed out...i told my guy at the bodyshop that if it dont "buff out" then i'm getting a new wheel...

I had that happen to my rear bumper on my last ride. The bodyshop dude took a sledge hammer to the bumper...over and over until the damage was significant enough;)

civicSIracer
11-12-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by furious
he doesn't have her info...

here is something to think about, why even tell your betterhalf that it will be a Type-R bumper?;)

my bad..

fsugatorbait
11-12-2003, 08:33 AM
I had that happen to my rear bumper on my last ride. The bodyshop dude took a sledge hammer to the bumper...over and over until the damage was significant enough;)

LMAO...fight bullshit with bullshit :)

Zero Three Si
11-12-2003, 11:51 AM
Yeah...got 3 estimates from body shops....

$319, $459, $478.....You guys can straight BLOW me!!!

Picutres

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/pc42a94d6d453baf77d929d317d91da47/fa9395f4.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/p32003b2a840d6367efc4368923d56daa/fa9395f8.jpg

furious
11-12-2003, 12:26 PM
drama queen! :D

Apply Sratch-X and then do some touchup. My NBP front bumper probably looks just as bad with all them flying sand, pebbles, rocks, and soon to add to the list..SALT..

Seems just to be scratches from the pics...why the hell did those bastards try to charge you as if you needed a new bumpers and bumper cover?

Zero Three Si
11-12-2003, 02:35 PM
drama queen! :D

Apply Sratch-X and then do some touchup. My NBP front bumper probably looks just as bad with all them flying sand, pebbles, rocks, and soon to add to the list..SALT..

Seems just to be scratches from the pics...why the hell did those bastards try to charge you as if you needed a new bumpers and bumper cover?

Actually what they were charging me was ALL labor....paint materials came out to be 30-50 bucks depending on the place that did the estimate. They said it was like a 4-5 hour job. This one place even told me that they would need my car for a week. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah ok!!!