PDA

View Full Version : Warrenty Question

blacksihatch
11-11-2003, 03:13 PM
I got my 02 civic on Feb 03 and got the three year 24K mile warrenty. Now over the weekend I bought out of my lease and was told that since my car is 02 the warrenty is due at the end of 04. Is this true or does the warrenty start when you purchase the car. I have been told two different things, but tend to beleive that my warrenty ends three years from the year of my car. Can someone shead some light on this for me

2k2SiAutoXer
11-11-2003, 03:25 PM
ive never heard of a 24 month warrenty on a new honda. I used to sell hondas and the basic warrenty is a 3 year 36k mile bumper to bumper warrenty. the warrenty starts the day you purchased the car. did you buy your Si new?

--Tom

blacksihatch
11-11-2003, 03:27 PM
Sorry I have a cold my mind is not with me at the moment I meant 3 year. Yeah I bought my car new.

2k2SiAutoXer
11-11-2003, 04:08 PM
that warrenty should start the day you bought it. you should make a call to honda to make sure they do not have the wrong info about when you started to lease it. My Si is a lease but as soon as I get out of this sand pit I am going to buy it. Woo Hoo! only 5 more months to go.

--Tom

blacksihatch
11-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Yeah I plan on calling them tomorrow. I had 38 paymanes left on my lease and decided to buy the car this weekend. I don't know why I did that since my payments went up slightly, but the car will be paid off in a less period of time.