View Full Version : mods that you liked and WERE worth it

vivid blue Si
11-12-2003, 12:36 AM
Just a turn on the mods you dont like thread. me personally got the
type r shift boot and the rsx optional aluminum shift knob and I love
it! what mods do you love the best?

Ty's Si
11-12-2003, 01:08 AM
AEM CAI and the Neuspeed short shifter with aluminum bushings.

Just those three things alone make the car even more fun to drive than it was when it was stock. I love the EP.

bobdobbs
11-12-2003, 01:10 AM
Tein SS coilovers. Worth every cent.

Ty's Si
11-12-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs

I'm sure they were.

seattlecivic
11-12-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs

Got the Basics... I should have gotten the SS's and made the holes bigger like what you did. Still.. I like my teins.

02CivicSI-VTEC
11-12-2003, 01:42 AM
HP HEADER,that the only real mod that make my car fast. other then my cheap ass Intake off ebay which i dont think its working properly. my CTR spoiler rocks! it really change the looks on my car :cool:. and the DIY Headlight.. :D gotta love that, Oh yeah and one more thing My springs :angel: Drop it like its hoT! :*

Vertigo
11-12-2003, 01:43 AM
I see that we now have the "yen" mods you like and the "yang" mods you regret(hate). There is peace in EP land! I love every single mod. I can't just love one.

TezGari
11-12-2003, 02:02 AM
RSX S Rear sway bar, Best mod for under $70.00. I got my one from clubrsx.com for $40.00 Shipped! Search around on clubrsx, thier selling their Rear Sway Bars. #1 Mod (next to my Tein S techs)...This mod gives you a diffrence that makes you say ohh, i never use to do that. Great on turns etc..:D

furious
11-12-2003, 05:47 AM
I loves my evo...loves my evo..

oldschoolimport
11-12-2003, 06:33 AM
if I would have seen this coming I would have saved the shift light explanation for here. but it keeps me out of the fun limiter(why is our redline so damn low, shit).:rolleyes: :mad:

EKON
11-12-2003, 06:51 AM
My favorite mods are....everything I've done to my car so far.:D

EKON

STP03BlueSI
11-12-2003, 08:14 AM
My Injen SRI, Neuspeed bars, Type Boot, and Stitch in the backseat are all worth it.:smilem:

Oh and my Injen Engine Dress-up, gotta have some "Bling" in my life

esmith13
11-12-2003, 08:35 AM
My FAVORITE mod is my Cybernation Stage I Turbo Kit

;)

Eric

civic hatch boi
11-12-2003, 08:43 AM
mods i like:

front and rear type S sways = $40 pick up
cf mugen spoiler = $250 pick up
red H on steering wheel = $6
neuspeed race springs
16" bronze c10's w/ 205/50/16 Falken Ziex $680 brand new
happies ground wires = $20 shipped
diy headlights
jdm h emblems

mods i dont like:

al shifter bushings
aem cai

Zero Three Si
11-12-2003, 08:56 AM
$70 mid pipe.

phatsi
11-12-2003, 09:35 AM
it gosta be the progress rear sway with under tie brace...booty out whenever you want...:D :D

HARRY POTTER
11-12-2003, 09:46 AM
my comptech header. definitely felt on my way up to vegas!!

oogy-boogy
11-12-2003, 10:29 AM
Hmmm...

Fav go mods:
HP header
Injen CAI

Fav misc Mods:
Neuspeed SS (OMG it's awesome!)
Aftermarket bushings
DIY Grounding wires (fixed my idle!!!)

Fav Show mods:
New red LED interior/instrument cluster. (thanks Ocelaris!!!)

stephen
11-12-2003, 10:47 AM
JVC head unit. Alpine amps. Infinity speakers.

Civicvtec1ps
11-12-2003, 10:49 AM
Momom shiftknob and ctr shift boot. Audio of course ;)

TezGari
11-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
mods i like:

front and rear type S sways = $40 pick up
cf mugen spoiler = $250 pick up
red H on steering wheel = $6
neuspeed race springs
16" bronze c10's w/ 205/50/16 Falken Ziex $680 brand new
happies ground wires = $20 shipped
diy headlights
jdm h emblems

mods i dont like:

al shifter bushings
aem cai

Whoa, you got a good deal on teh RSX S bars and the 16' Bronze C10s!

fishboy
11-12-2003, 11:15 AM
everything i got except for my choice of suspension. i wish i went full coilovers.

Plaidfinger
11-12-2003, 12:16 PM
love the eibach sportlines the most so far....much much more to come though;)

Spazhead
11-12-2003, 12:43 PM
i love every mod on my car, reason, i get a sense of satisfaction after installing it and i know it's done right to my liking, whether it's electrical or mechanical. whether it's worth the money is based on the fact that you can afford it or not. With a great forum like EPhatch, you can gain a lot of information on a part before you even buy it. Granted, most of the Neuspeed stuff I put on my car was not talked about a lot on EPhatch, but I trust neuspeed stuff cause I used to use it on my VW Gti's.

I love every mod i've done!:D :D :D

List of Mods:

AUDIO
Pioneer CD/MP3 Head Unit
Alpine V12 AccuClass-D Mono Amplifier Sub
Alpine Type-R 10" Subwoofer
Alpine Type-R 10" Subwoofer

ENGINE
SUN Hyper Ground System s-Type RED

BODY
Tinted Windows
JDM EP3 Type R Front & Rear Emblems

INTERIOR
JuJeracing Shift Boot
JuJeracing E-Brake Boot
EP3Decal Steering Wheel Red Decal
EVO Carbon Fiber Racing Pedals

LIGHTS
APC Clear Front Bumper Lens
APC Clear Rear Bumper Lens

BULBS
Autosave Brilliant White 135W 4150K Fog Light Bulb
Polarg Super White 10W DE3021 Dome Bulb
Polarg Hyper White 18W 912 Front Parking Bulbs
Polarg Super White 5W 194 Front Spot Bulbs
Polarg Super White 5W 194 Front Dome Bulb
Polarg Super White 5W 194 Rear Trunk Bulb
Polarg Super White 5W 194 Licence Bulb
Polarg Super White 27W 1156 Backup Bulb
APC Super Bright LED 194 Amber Side Turn Signal Bulbs
APC Super Bright LED 7440 Amber Front Turn Signal Bulb
APC Super Bright LED 194 Amber Front Bumper Bulb
APC Super Bright LED 194 Amber Rear Bumper Bulb

SUSPENSION
Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs
Koni Sport Yellow Adjustable Shocks Front
Koni Sport Yellow Adjustable Shocks Rear
Ingalls Front Camber Kit
Ingalls Rear Camber Kit
JDM EP3 Type R Rear Sway Bar 22mm
Neuspeed Front Lower X-Brace - Black
Neuspeed Front Upper Strut Tie Bar - Polished
Neuspeed Rear Upper Tie Bar - Polished

TRANSMISSION / SHIFTER
Neuspeed Short Shift Kit - Billet aluminum cable adapter
PreciseShift Shifter Aluminum Bushing Kit

TIRES / WHEELS
Nokian Hakkapeliitta 1

klik
11-12-2003, 12:45 PM
everything
HKS
AEM
DC SPORTS
DIY HEADLIGHTS
BACK TOWER BAR
CTR H EMBLEM
TEIN S TECH
VIS MUGEN STYLE CF WING

more to come later and i know im gonna love them
its gonna be suspension works

ep3guy
11-12-2003, 12:57 PM
hondata (biggest difference)
type-r shift boot with skunk2 knob (made everything feel A LOT better)
ground controls for the looks.

i dont really think my aem cai, dc header, midpipe, type-r headlights, oem fogs, and amber sidemarkers did much.

G-J
11-12-2003, 01:22 PM
Progress Springs *simple fact for making it look like a car not a SUV* but wish I went with coilovers, midpipe, Pivot shift lamp. Not that my other mods are bad - just those are my fav's

BlasTech
11-12-2003, 01:26 PM
So far, CTR Bar, DIY Ground wires, Hondata Airbox mod, and a professional alignment, and lightweight 15" wheels with Azenis... all good mods...

I jsut ordered JIC-Magic's and they should arrive early next week. :D

blackout
11-12-2003, 02:28 PM
gotta love the diy headlights and lil red H sticker on the wheel. you can do both for $20 bucks. well worth it for a little jdm style...

Gs02SiR
11-12-2003, 03:07 PM
My favorite mod thus far is my JDM EP3 rear sway bar (22mm). I can't wait for spring, Moooogen suspension is up next.

BarracksSi
11-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Mods that are "worth it", by my own definition, are ones that the owner could see every day and not feel a need to change.

The best mod I've done is my front plate. Only cost me a few zip ties, and there's no more plate holder sitting on my bumper. Bonus points for that skinny low-profile European look.

I've also got a $20+ Type-R style knob that surprised me by practically changing the entire character of the car. Plus, I replaced the map light bulbs with red LEDs, which allows me to fiddle with CDs or M&M's in the dark while preserving my night vision (red-colored "mood light" filament bulbs don't work nearly as well, because their spectrum isn't a pure red -- any slight hint of green or blue ruins night vision, which is why I still can't figure out VW's insistence on blue dash lighting).

I'm still not decided on what else I'll do. I find that I don't listen to loud music as much anymore, either because the stock system doesn't play loud well, or because my job is loud music (indoors, we've topped out at 146 dB, I've been told) and I don't mind having some quiet time in the car. I also don't get the chance to push the performance limits, and I don't want to bounce on harder springs across the shitty streets in town.

I did regret blue headlights and LED driving lights. Stock bulbs are appreciably brighter. And, yeah, I added a post for those in the "Regret" thread.

ep_nezay
11-13-2003, 09:08 PM
My;
Tein type flex
Rotora brake updgrade
Greddy turbo kit with IC
Good tires with nice rims

I have more lil. things but those are the big ones.

Loudpedal
11-13-2003, 09:32 PM
All my mods were worth it, and I don't regret a single one.

3M vinyl applique to leading edge of hood to prevent chips
Formula 1 tint
K & N Typhoon
CTR rear sway bar

My mods will be like buying DVD's, very thoughtful not to include junk.

f1fever
11-13-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Loudpedal
All my mods were worth it, and I don't regret a single one.

3M vinyl applique to leading edge of hood to prevent chips
Formula 1 tint
K & N Typhoon
CTR rear sway bar

My mods will be like buying DVD's, very thoughtful not to include junk.
Where did you get your K&N typhoon? Any good? For how much??

SiR_d1
11-13-2003, 10:11 PM
I like it!

But I'm actually debating if I want to sell it so I can try out the AEM V2 while its still relatively cheap on ebay:o

02NJHondaep3
11-13-2003, 11:24 PM
Tires, AEM CAI, and HID's. More to come. Worth every hard earned dollar I worked for.

bryan
11-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
Mods that are "worth it", by my own definition, are ones that the owner could see every day and not feel a need to change.

The best mod I've done is my front plate. Only cost me a few zip ties, and there's no more plate holder sitting on my bumper. Bonus points for that skinny low-profile European look.

I've also got a $20+ Type-R style knob that surprised me by practically changing the entire character of the car. Plus, I replaced the map light bulbs with red LEDs, which allows me to fiddle with CDs or M&M's in the dark while preserving my night vision (red-colored "mood light" filament bulbs don't work nearly as well, because their spectrum isn't a pure red -- any slight hint of green or blue ruins night vision, which is why I still can't figure out VW's insistence on blue dash lighting).

I'm still not decided on what else I'll do. I find that I don't listen to loud music as much anymore, either because the stock system doesn't play loud well, or because my job is loud music (indoors, we've topped out at 146 dB, I've been told) and I don't mind having some quiet time in the car. I also don't get the chance to push the performance limits, and I don't want to bounce on harder springs across the shitty streets in town.

I did regret blue headlights and LED driving lights. Stock bulbs are appreciably brighter. And, yeah, I added a post for those in the "Regret" thread.

Is there a post with more information on the map light conversion? It sounds interesting and I would like to read more about it. Thanks!

Driftin SI
11-15-2003, 03:03 PM
Progress rear sway, big difference in handling, totally worth it :D

klubhedsi
11-15-2003, 05:09 PM
70$ aem cai! Sounds awesome!Fell gain up top!

BarracksSi
11-15-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by bryan
Is there a post with more information on the map light conversion? It sounds interesting and I would like to read more about it. Thanks!

I never posted a how-to because it's just so easy, thanks to LED 194-size wedge lights available at numerous places. It's been a long enough time since I did mine that I forgot where I ordered them from, but they've got them at www.superbrightleds.com .

Just follow the directions in the owner's manual for changing the map bulbs. Be warned, though -- the LEDs are dimmer than stock, and more importantly, their red light washes out red markings on maps. They're good for finding objects and things like that, but if you need to read a map, it's better to just turn on the main light and pull over at a rest stop anyway.

sleepin02si
12-14-2003, 07:53 AM
DC Sports Titanium Front Tower Bar - $200

dofu
01-08-2004, 04:25 PM
so far... mods i have that i felt are worth every penny...
rsx jdm type-r leather shift boot $20
aluminum shift knob $10... put together with the leather shift boot looks nice, and unique
cheap ultra bright white headlights (aprox)$25... more bang for the buck, altho they only last about a year
teins $800... what needs to be said?
aem cai dont remember... cheap tho
camber kit forgot the price... about 2 sumthin? saves a lot on tires, especially for my 18s
and lets not forget the wide convex mirror that lets you see everything lol (aprox)$30
neuspeed x-brace about $100... i dont like the quality, but its one of the best mods i've made to my chassis, at least for the price

blackout
01-09-2004, 11:20 AM
neuspeed x-brace about $100... i dont like the quality, but its one of the best mods i've made to my chassis, at least for the price [/B][/QUOTE]

what don't you like about the quality? I'm considering getting that x brace, is there a better on available?

dofu
01-09-2004, 01:24 PM
what don't you like about the quality? I'm considering getting that x brace, is there a better on available?

it's nice and all coz it does work, but it's pretty flimsy. i think it could be better if it was a little more solid. if you're looking for better, the tanabe sustec 4 point under brace looks better, but its like 2 or 3 bills, compared to the 1 bill or so you'll be payin for the neuspeed.