PDA

View Full Version : know any good air strut companies?

LazyAzzAzian
09-12-2002, 08:20 PM
im looking into getting air struts when i get my ride, but im not sure what companies are good, i know that air ride technology is a known name, but their kit is around $2500, i also found a KMW air struts but ive never heard of them before, if some one could tell me a good company with a decent price that would be nice, thanks for the help

SpeedRacer
09-12-2002, 08:29 PM
why do you want to go with air shocks? just curious because my friend with a GSR got his car on air and he said everymorning he would have to wait like 5 mine just to get the struts or whatever to fill with air. Maybe this is something completly diffrnt.

LazyAzzAzian
09-12-2002, 09:08 PM
the reason im interested in air struts is mainly because the height adjustablity, here in boston the road arent exactly the flattest, but i just love the look of a slammed car, so i figured air struts would be the best way to go, as for your friend, ive never seen struts take 5 mins to inflate, it may be that he doesnt have a air compressor or something, im not sure...or he may be running a different air strut system...the kit ive looked into only take a few seconds, as far as i know air struts are similar to hydralics, but cheaper

SpeedRacer
09-12-2002, 10:13 PM
No hydrolics and diffrnt from what i know you dont have nearly as many switches with air shocks. why dont you just get a real good coil over kit you know those air kits weigh alot same with the compressor do you want to look fast or do you want to go fast??

LazyAzzAzian
09-13-2002, 10:09 AM
ive considered both looks and speed, and right now im leaning more towards the looks, but if i do decide to go with air strut i was planning to make it up with a 50-shot :D , as for coilovers i still waiting for someone to come out with one that has a 4"+ drop, skunk2 should be making one soon, i dont even have an Si yet, going to look for it tomorrow, im jut planning ahead, thanks for the input though man