PDA

View Full Version : Mugen + camber?

trabadoo22
11-12-2003, 09:54 PM
I've done some searching on here to see if the Mugen suspension needs a camber kit, but didn't come up with a deffinitive answer. I have a camber kit allready, not installed, but I would rather not use it if I don't need to. So for those with this suspension, after you got your alignment how was your camber? If anyone has any camber specs I would appreciate the info. Thanks alot.

Hatch, Si Hatch
11-13-2003, 06:26 AM
When I got my alignment done I had my 15's w/ the Azenis on, which makes the car quite a bit lower(due to a overall smaller diameter) than with the 18's. The front was fine but tech said the rear had alot of negative camber, and it was noticable after walking out to the car. However, after I reinstalled my 18's the camber wasn't as noticable. I probably still need to get at least the rear kit.

Since you already have a camber kit, I would say go ahead and install it along with the Mugens, that way when you go to get your alignment they can go ahead and adjust your camber also. Because if you wait til after the alignment to installed your camber kit you will need another alignment.

00-ITR-373
11-13-2003, 06:05 PM
From the research I've done on here, I've only found one person w/o a camber kit who got their alignment done. I believe it was a -2.0 degrees in the rear with a -1.67 degrees being the max allowed neg. camber per Honda's recommendations.

Up to you if this is too much. Personally, I prefer to be a "wuss" and stay in spec to at least get one season out of my tires. So I'll get a camber kit for the rear. They're pretty cheap. I've read all the threads and IM'd a bunch of people to get this info. I think it's about the best there is.

trabadoo22
11-13-2003, 09:22 PM
Thanks I appreciate it. Ya hear you on keeping the factory spec. I have allready fish tailed a couple times due to the crappy stock tires and snow. I don't need to be adding to that. I was just hoping that I didn't need the camber kit so I could sell it. I guess it is better to be safe than sorry though.

Peking
11-13-2003, 09:50 PM
Rear camber like almost $200, front bolts (for front camber) are like less than $10. Get the camber kit on :D

RockEP_SS**
11-14-2003, 02:50 PM
Mugen suspension lowers about 1.5, no? It's basically the same as Tein S.tech so it's really up to you on this one. I never installed a camber kit on my car and my tires are doing just fine. Other people tend to go with the option of just getting the rear camber kit since the rear cambers just a bit, while in the fronts the camber is barely noticeable. Since you already have the CK, just go ahead and install it!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA