PDA

View Full Version : Deciding on a Exhaust

STP03BlueSI
11-13-2003, 08:45 AM
OK that is going to be my next big mod. Just have to get some money and i will be set.

I am lookin at abunch of Exhausts. I would like one to be angled(Jdm style), but if not then a straight is fine. Also lookin for one that isnt extremely loud(have that nasty fart can sound).

Pros and Cons are welcome!!!

POST AWAY!!!

Thanks!

RacingCivicSi02
11-13-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
OK that is going to be my next big mod. Just have to get some money and i will be set.

I am lookin at abunch of Exhausts. I would like one to be angled(Jdm style), but if not then a straight is fine. Also lookin for one that isnt extremely loud(have that nasty fart can sound).

Pros and Cons are welcome!!!

POST AWAY!!!

Thanks!

Looks like your Looking for HKS hi-power. It has the angle in it. it is extremely loud. but you can put the silencer in it.

If u go with greddy it quite. but its straight. it sounds nice though.

2003EPHatch
11-13-2003, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I'm also looking into the HKS catback. It does have an angled tip like mentioned and from others I've heard it has a nice roar to it. IMO it would be money well spent.

Good luck on your decision.

Later.

HARRY POTTER
11-13-2003, 09:53 AM
i have the hks hi-power, and i love the sound and definitely love the looks!! i've been told by buddies of mine that my car has a nice deep tone, and far from ricey! and like 2003EPhatch says... "money well spent"!

Peking
11-13-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by HARRY POTTER
i have the hks hi-power, and i love the sound and definitely love the looks!! i've been told by buddies of mine that my car has a nice deep tone, and far from ricey! and like 2003EPhatch says... "money well spent"!

Agreed, or go Shunk2 :D I'll post pics later.

master7
11-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Get the Magnaflow cat back exhaust--- sleeper oem twin tip exhaust look for best price about 300 shipped and performance difference is there- no fart can sound. Go check to

www.performance-curve.com

SiR_d1
11-13-2003, 11:34 AM
I still have to say the best exhaust for our car is the Greddy Evo. Not just b/c I have one but b/c the greddy sometimes looks like shit on most cars except ours. I don't know why but they never seem to get the placement just right, its either sticking out too far or not flush with the bumper. The Evo for the ep fits perfect, literally!! and as everyone already knows it DOES sound the best, but I know for some the huge tip isn't for everybody. Check out my sig for pics

Acidburn
11-13-2003, 11:44 AM
I want to know the best performance exhaust, I don't really care for the sound - I was weighing my decision on either the HKS or Greddy.

SiR_d1
11-13-2003, 12:16 PM
well if all you want in an exhaust is power than get the HKS. I believe it tops the greddy a bit in preformace because of its design. But just an FYI the HKS really is loud, which is why it needs a silencer. If your going to use the silencer a lot than there's no point on getting it b/c you will be restricting some of its power, but like I said if you don't care about the sound than go for it:cool:

STP03BlueSI
11-13-2003, 01:25 PM
OK yea i am debating between the Neuspeed exhaust(looks kinda stock), Greddy EVO(i have heard mixed reviews, about how its not that good, and the rattle?), and HKS(loud..)

Like i said before i am Open to comments, just dont turn this thread in to a Bashing one sayin whos is better, i want Pros and Cons. I know they are out there.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Chris

SiR_d1
11-13-2003, 01:48 PM
Well heres my opinion...

Neuspeed looks the best

Greddy sounds the best

HKS preforms the best

I'm in no way saying greddy is the best, I honestly don't think it is. If you really want the best exhaust hands down, and no one can say shit that it isn't...MUGEN!!

Get the Mugen axle back exhaust with a custom midpipe and you will for sure have the best exhaust out there;)

STP03BlueSI
11-13-2003, 02:53 PM
So Mugen...that one has to be a $$$$ one. since i see mugen stuff is expensive.

So if i want Loud sound go with HKS, if i want quiet(semi) go with Neuspeed or Greddy.

SiR_d1
11-13-2003, 03:17 PM
I won't lie, I don't even know if the Neuspeed is loud. People who have it say it isn't but I know for a fact that peoples perception of LOUD is differnet from others. For me, exhausts like skunkz and HKS are loud but their not ricey or farty sounding. They do have a nice deep growl but I just don't like the fact that you can hear it from like 3 blocks away. If you care about sound, just keep an ear out when looking for exhausts, if it comes with a silencer because you'll know its gonna be loud

BTW the Greddy Evo is now a FULL STAINLESS STEEL exhaust. I wish I waited a couple of months so I could pick that up:(

STP03BlueSI
11-14-2003, 05:59 AM
I guess stainless is better correct?

silver ep
11-14-2003, 06:47 AM
I'm happy with my Comptech. Not loud and ricey but when you get on it it sounds mean. It fits great too, also full stainless.

Silverstreak
11-14-2003, 11:33 AM
Why don't you go with a tanabe RM. You saw and heard mine at the meet. But I am not sure if that is to loud for you. btw what did you think of my exhaust?

STP03BlueSI
11-14-2003, 12:31 PM
So many people in this area have that Tanabe exhaust. You and Zigen have it.

And i know Zigens is loud.

Silverstreak
11-14-2003, 12:44 PM
I thought that Zigen5 had the Apexi exhaust.

Vertigo
11-15-2003, 03:42 AM
I love my Skunk2. People say it's loud and it is to some extent. I guess my perception of loud is different than others. Plus growing up around stock cars and working around jet aircraft doesn't help either.:eek: The skunk2 has a real deep "ballsy" tone and is not ricey at all. I heard some people have had some clearence issues with the evo.

STP03BlueSI
11-15-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Silverstreak
I thought that Zigen5 had the Apexi exhaust.

You are right it is Apexi with custom pipin.

Silverstreak
11-15-2003, 07:31 AM
Thats what I thought. His sounds a little higher pitched than mine and a little more raspy. Mine has a deep throaty sound. I can hear my intake over my exhaust if that helps you any.

Fast02
11-16-2003, 03:11 PM
I'd like to hear the Greddy exhaust (probably my next purchase) can anyone help??? I've heard the HKS from this board. I can't decide on either of the two.

;)

Silverstreak
11-16-2003, 04:37 PM
If you can go jdm go for it.

STP03BlueSI
11-22-2003, 07:48 AM
TTT ne one else have a opinion?:blushm: :smilem:

Silverstreak
11-22-2003, 09:00 PM
ttt

ep_jee
11-23-2003, 02:16 AM
i went to this store earlier and they got tanabe rm for $620 and evo for $510. but i really want the apexi n1 w/ custom pipes. what yall think of the prices? and performance?

oldschoolimport
11-23-2003, 04:23 AM
this week I received my "bioevolve signature series exhaust":D for $80 shipped. love the sound, love the new found power. thanks rich.