PDA

View Full Version : Urgent plz help

MyBlkSI
11-13-2003, 06:34 PM
I was grounding out the ep today which went well. not sure about any gains but the resistance has sure dropped in some key areas. anyway while i was doing the install i noticed something that scared the piss out of me. look in the pic. there is a threaded hole and i don't know wtf goes there. is it supposed to be empty, because it shure doesn't look like it.... and the service at my dealership is worth less than the shit my toilet eats (dumbasses forgot to put the dipstick in once so now i gotta double check them all the time).

so please could someone look on their ep or check a manual... thanks its really bothering me...

paralysis
11-13-2003, 06:38 PM
I can't see your Pic, but let me guess the hole is on the back left cside (looking under the hood) of the valve cover.

MyBlkSI
11-13-2003, 06:39 PM
forgot the pic

MyBlkSI
11-13-2003, 06:40 PM
yeah

myeverlovinsir
11-13-2003, 06:40 PM
No pic, not sure what threaded hole your refering to. I know from testing on the dyno that the ground wires are a waste. I fabricated my own and test numerous combinations on the dyno. The stock setup provides sufficient grouding. Lets have a pic of whats troubling you.

Edit: saw your pic, nothing to worry about thats stock.;)

paralysis
11-13-2003, 06:41 PM
yeah, it's there.. Mine is the same way... Everything is OK.

MyBlkSI
11-13-2003, 06:46 PM
cool that had me worried for a sec.
i figured the grounding wouldn't do anything but. when the car is running you can see a very big difference in the resistance from the head to the neg pole so i figured it couldn't hurt.

being that the hole is supposed to be there and all, does anyone know wht it is there

myeverlovinsir
11-13-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by MyBlkSI

being that the hole is supposed to be there and all, does anyone know wht it is there

Usually those extra threaded holes and doodads are used for the fab process, like locating a datum for other machining points, or just to hold the part while its being fabricated/finished. hth

Rey
11-13-2003, 07:03 PM
I like the wires, they look good.

mhx
11-13-2003, 08:28 PM
its a honda relax

its fine

raiyo
11-13-2003, 09:02 PM
OMG, you're missing a bolt. The bolt is costy tooo... I can get you a GREAT deal on the bolt, sent me 30 dollars cash and I'll get you that bolt. j/k nothing is wrong, just went and checked mine also, nothing should be there.

STP03BlueSI
11-14-2003, 05:57 AM
Yea i thought the same thing, techs told me it is where they hook the hoist hook to take the engine out from the top.

civic hatch boi
11-14-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
No pic, not sure what threaded hole your refering to. I know from testing on the dyno that the ground wires are a waste. I fabricated my own and test numerous combinations on the dyno. The stock setup provides sufficient grouding. Lets have a pic of whats troubling you.

Edit: saw your pic, nothing to worry about thats stock.;)

although u say u've tested and stuff... and i know u know your stuff.... grounding wires do help in some areas... i installed mine a few days ago, and i can't feel throttle response or headlights getting better, but my radio did get LOUDER. and cleaner!! usually i set it on 3-4 bars for normal listening.. now 3-4 bars hurts my ears, so i set it on 2 bars...