PDA

View Full Version : Last mod ever to the Si

furious
11-14-2003, 01:50 PM
Last mod = change in ownership.
Me = Sellout

I have grown so attached to this site that I cherish this site moreso than my Si. However, I am sick of unexpected expenditures to keep up with the "horsepower chase" and I am throwing in the towel. I plan on staying in this community simply because the peeps here are generally bright, knowledgeable, and humorous. I refuse to fade away even though I will no longer own an EP. However, I will stick an EPHatch address into the owner's manual to pass on this site to the new owner of my vehicle.

Today, I went to a Dodge dealer and put a deposit on a 2004 SRT-4 in flame red. The 03 had 215hp/245lb and the 04 now has 230hp/250lb, adding limited slip diff, and new 5-spd tranny.

I just wanted a car that I can be satisfied with at stock. This is it. I have traded my soul...and taken a dive...trade-in=$13,500 on the 03 15k NBP EP.

Hope I'm not going to be kicked off here :(

hernameis?
11-14-2003, 01:55 PM
well best of luck.. i know the feeling and even though it is a dodge, its tough to pass that up all that power. *esp if your like me and trade cars every 2 -3 years.

bobdobbs
11-14-2003, 02:02 PM
An Asian dude driving a Dodge muscle car. This is every Moparhead's nightmare. Good for you, man! Rice it out! :D

furious
11-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
An Asian dude driving a Dodge muscle car. This is every Moparhead's nightmare. Good for you, man! Rice it out! :D

hehe...I didn't think of it that way:eek: i'm still going to hang my chinese zodiac jade on the rearview:D

Brettnyt
11-14-2003, 02:15 PM
Have fun with your domestic rice! :D Let us know hit it all works out for ya! I have had a curiosity for those cars since the came out... mainly a couriosity for their reliability... Lets us know how it holds up!

Civicvtec1ps
11-14-2003, 02:16 PM
the fastest car for price.Have fun with it.

Stupendous Man
11-14-2003, 02:17 PM
I dunno guys...I can't help but feel betrayed...

BarracksSi
11-14-2003, 02:49 PM
Kick him off!!!

:D ;)

Well, I'm disapppointed that you felt you've lost the horsepower race when, the way I see it, nobody every really "wins" the horsepower race anyway.

You can build up to the fastest car in your neighborhood, but there's always going to be a faster car. I just can't see it as an arms race, so to speak.

Oh well -- different priorities, I guess. Stick around, and let us know how the SRT holds up.

wishihadagtr
11-14-2003, 03:13 PM
good luck with the new ride.

btw, whats MSRP on the 04 srt4's ?

SiR Medic
11-14-2003, 03:28 PM
Yeah...

Definately keep us posted, especially in the reliability dept.

I guess it's the same old story, the EP came out just before the sport compact "horsepower wars". With 200+hp vehicles like the SRT-4, Saturn ION Redline, and the new GTI VR6 coming out, I guess it's inevitable that people are going to jump ship to get the newest, greatest thing.

Personally, I'm more than happy with my ride for the time being, and that's what counts.

RiceCzechs
11-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Congrats... never mind the bollocks, the SRT-4 is a great car, esp. for the $$$. Enjoy it, and stick around. :)

STP03BlueSI
11-14-2003, 03:49 PM
hahahahahahahaaha...u got a SKITTLE...have fun with it.

phatfreeza
11-14-2003, 05:13 PM
i want one... no scratch that... i want a turbo :) good luck with the the srt-4... for some reason i always like to spot the srt-4's they are nice :)

aerial
11-14-2003, 06:04 PM
good luck i was the same as u but when i went to lok at srt-4 comppared to ours engine look real cheap disposable car ours r 4ever

chibianh
11-14-2003, 06:13 PM
those SRT-4s are nice.. i was crossing the street today at school and this black one pulls up waits for me to cross. I know it's just a neon, but they sure look nice. And the sound of the engine and the exhaust note is something too. When it comes down to it however, I still love my EP and wouldn't trade it for anything (anything in the $20k range, that is). Good luck with ur neon. :)

aerial
11-14-2003, 06:15 PM
yea, i agree with you, looks nice but its just a dodge neon, and ours are forever

boston's ep3
11-14-2003, 06:34 PM
man are you going to be unhappy. Not with the car but with the fact that you actually traded it in.. I just recently traded my ep in for a 01 type R and I so wish I didn't do it. I look out my window and stare at my new car and I am like damn the ep was so much more smoother and sexier. plus now my car doesn't stand out as much. Also I can't find a site like this one any where for the acura. I wish that I could trade my type r in for a ep with out getting screwed on the payments. well goodluck with your new car hope you are happy

Zero Three Si
11-14-2003, 07:08 PM
I never understood putting "deposit" on a vehicle. Either buy it or if it's not in stock...go to a different dealer. Why let them "hold" your money while you are carless. Not that you are carless...but you know what I'm saying.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
11-14-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by wishihadagtr
good luck with the new ride.

btw, whats MSRP on the 04 srt4's ?

$21,000 MSRP
Dealerships will probably add a significant amount atop that also.
Too much for a FWD Neon, turbo or not.

Zero Three Si
11-14-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
$21,000 MSRP

Agreed....hope you have a fun time in 2 years when you try to sell it and get like 5,000 for a trade in value.

SiR Medic
11-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
$21,000 MSRP

Heh... Just priced one up on the Canadian DC website, just for fun...

$28,000 with sunroof! (I couldn't live without one now)

Add our lovely 15% tax to that= $32,200! :eek:

I'd rather get a used S2000 for that much! Probably more fun, better reliability, and hey... It's a roadster!:tongue:

mhx
11-14-2003, 09:51 PM
if ya need a ride someday cause your pos is on the side of the road just holla
enjoy.. its a dodge after all

SIxtasy
11-14-2003, 09:55 PM
Good friend of mine bought a SRT4 off EBAY for 18K. It had Mopar stage 1, 3" downpipe. He has since run 13.5,13.4,13.3,13.2, and now 13.1 - makes me want one. Then I saw a post on SRTFORUMS.com about some dealer selling a "used" one for $13,000 with 3500 miles. I then realized that I cannot buy a car that has NO resale value, that I could not keep for more then 2 years. EP3's absolutley suck for resale value - SRT4 is just as bad but you actually pay sticker. All I can say is make sure that you are going to keep the car for a while. As far as reliability - if you take care of it, you will be fine. SCC did that article like 3 months ago-talking about how that engine is practicaaly indistructable. Good luck man, Get stage 1 ASAP

- Jeffrey

furious
11-15-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
I never understood putting "deposit" on a vehicle. Either buy it or if it's not in stock...go to a different dealer. Why let them "hold" your money while you are carless. Not that you are carless...but you know what I'm saying.

for a SRT-4 you have to put a deposit if you want the dealer to order one to be traded from another dealer. i had to option of full paying also, but i still wouldn't have the car in hand.

aerial
11-15-2003, 09:49 AM
if i was u id go for subaru or evo since u gona spend tha kind of money cause srt-4 is a neon dodge no matter what

02TafWhtSi
11-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Good choice - now go kill some Evos for me :cool:

rs_1101
11-15-2003, 01:46 PM
srt4 = 21k$?

ep= 17-18k$ + 4k$ for good turbo

which one will go faster?

Brettnyt
11-15-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by rs_1101
srt4 = 21k$?

Sweet... EP would have more hp... by about 36 whp maybe, depending on turbo...

TezGari
11-15-2003, 02:07 PM
Be safe, dont over estimate the car...And have fun!! I got raped by an SRT-4...:D Also, an EVO 8!!!:D Why i want turbo!!

furious
11-15-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by rs_1101
srt4 = 21k$?

If you want to do the math...factor in the loss of warranty, cost for turbo installation, and dyno tuning. So no, the 4k for a turbo setup correctly is not realistic, unless you own a shop. I want warranty.

FYI, the SRT-4's 230hp is 'still' underrated (it was pumped +15 on the specs to more correctly reflect the actually output, but it is still underrated).

furious
11-15-2003, 04:19 PM
Anyways...I didn't start this thread to defend or talkup the SRT-4. Just wanted to pass on that I am w/o an EP as of next week, but I plan to stay around:)

andy
11-15-2003, 04:25 PM
Cool, glad to see you are hanging around. Having different cars
represented is always cool.

Good luck/have fun with the SRT-4. I can tell you this, though - you
ARE going to want to mod that car. For under $1000, you can make
it significantly faster (although some of the OEM tweaks to get those
hp/tq gains in the '04 were probably what earlier owners were
doing). Plus, since Dodge is smart enough to let MOPAR tinker around
and still warranty stuff, there's all kinds of goodies to play
with.

2k2SiAutoXer
11-15-2003, 05:16 PM
congrats on the new car, im sure youll have fun with it. Try to stick around like everyonelse says, its good to have diversity on this site. Just a question, exactly what mods can you do to keep it under warrenty and what do they cost + install (which im sure has to be done by dodge)?

--Tom

k20a3power
11-16-2003, 05:08 PM
im with you too..i traded my soul 2 weeks ago..traded my 03 VBP ep i for 03 apex silver evo..loved my ep but im working 2 jobs now and have more money to spend so decided to sell out.
ps. inever posted here before but always read this forum.and just decided to register today.

Brettnyt
11-16-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by k20a3power
im with you too..i traded my soul 2 weeks ago..traded my 03 VBP ep i for 03 apex silver evo..loved my ep but im working 2 jobs now and have more money to spend so decided to sell out.
ps. inever posted here before but always read this forum.and just decided to register today.

LOL, i was gunna say "You joined AFTER you sold your EP, just to tell us that?" Shouldnt u have a dif member name then? How is the Evo workin out for u? Welcome to the site... ;) :D

rs_1101
11-16-2003, 06:18 PM
you son of a... lol welcome to the site too! hahahha. wow. hey whoever started this thread.. save up for a turbo.. thatll be the last mod u ever do to ur ep lol

icegrill
11-16-2003, 09:53 PM
I just can't get over how retarded the srt's look. I mean christ it's still a fucking dodge neon:rolleyes: Plus they sound like shit from the factory loud as hell exhaust and cheap looking wing.

k20a3power
11-16-2003, 10:57 PM
yeh imma change it to 4G63Power or Evolved ahha jk..yeh i like everythong about the car and just need to change tails soon.i dont have much time to take the car out but i did today and got to drive my friends 350z..its an auto but still runs awesome..heres apic i took the day i picked up the car.ill try to post better one later.yeh and just turbo ur ep instead of gettin SRT-4.
http://www.pbase.com/image/22936375/medium.jpg

87gn
11-17-2003, 08:21 AM
An Asian dude driving a Dodge muscle car. This is every Moparhead's nightmare. Good for you, man! Rice it out!

us buick guys went threw the same "nightmare" a while back, but we got used to it;) i think the mopar nuts can survive:D but seariously, if i was you i would strip every thing that even hints srt4 off that car and make it look like a plain jane neon, hub caps and all.

http://fasttrackperformance.com/Buick1/Dyno060503/popo1a.jpg

STP03BlueSI
11-17-2003, 08:31 AM
Watch, your skittle will be beat by a Turbo'd EP3!!!

LMAO!!!

btw..have u tasted the Rainbow yet?

BarracksSi
11-17-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by 87gn
...but seariously, if i was you i would strip every thing that even hints srt4 off that car and make it look like a plain jane neon, hub caps and all.

I'll agree -- it's one thing to scare people with that grille & wing, but it would be more fun to make them go, "what the HELL is in that thing??" after you spank 'em.
:D