PDA

View Full Version : Factory suspension make noises?

sonic imperial
09-13-2002, 07:04 AM
I'm still running factory suspension (only had car for 3 weeks) and I've noticed the suspension makes alot of noise going over bumps, sometimes after braking, and maybe even when taking off in first gear (like a pop or clunk). The rear suspension seems to make a "whop" sound every now and then when hitting bumps at faster speeds. Is this all normal?

DynaSpeed
09-13-2002, 07:13 AM
After you take them apart you'll understand what Honda designed and where the strut housings have a potential for noise. It has nothing to do with the strut or springs themselves, but the plastic and rubber perches and boots is where noise can become an issue.

On Ground Controls, they have you discard or replace most of the bushings, boots, perches, and bumpstops.

sonic imperial
09-13-2002, 07:22 AM
Thanks man. I had an accord and it wasn't like this. I guess it's all normal but it's not real bad, just wanted to make sure I don't need the dealer to check it. The pop I sometimes here when taking off is confusing me. I can't tell if it's the transmission or the brakes or what it is. It's right as you start off in first gear. Right when the clutch engages.

02SilverSiHB
09-13-2002, 07:33 AM
it could just be the cover that sits over the spare tire...I noticed that sound in the rear also

sonic imperial
09-13-2002, 07:53 AM
Could be that too, I will check it out.

HondaMan
09-13-2002, 08:53 AM
Yeah, the suspension can makes noises especially if you've done any mods to it. I got my Progress springs installed for me last night and its all good so far. I couldn't get my H&R springs to work for me without making (bad) noises, but keep in mind the current H&R springs out are not made specifically for our rides.

02SilverSiHB
09-13-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan
.. I got my Progress springs installed for me last night and its all good so far. I couldn't get my H&R springs to work for me without making (bad) noises, but keep in mind the current H&R springs out are not made specifically for our rides.
sweet! lets see some pics soon. Wait a week I guess and let us know how much better it handles. Do you think it's better right now than befoe (with H&R)....performance wise?

HondaMan
09-13-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

sweet! lets see some pics soon. Wait a week I guess and let us know how much better it handles. Do you think it's better right now than befoe (with H&R)....performance wise?

Yes, they are definitely better than the H&Rs...they ride much better; the proper spring rate makes a difference trust me! No noises or bottoming out now! I'm a happy camper again. :D