PDA

View Full Version : A2 here I come

G-J
11-14-2003, 06:28 PM
Well I got the best friggin news...

Heres the situ. I was driving home on the long straight stretch of highway 121 at 55 in cruise control.. and BAM - Check engine light! I pull over and turn the car off... wait and turn it on and the light starts flashing at me and the cars idle became really rough and started backfiring during accelleration.

I took her in today to Honda in Napa, and they told me the codes that were brought up were over-reving and misfiring in all cylinders. Okay now correct me if I am wrong but Hondata allows drivers to shift at 7700 and the fuel cutoff stock is 7200?? Another thing is I do not downshift to slow down or never have shifted down into redline - EVER! I have hit the fuel cutoff a couple times in the past before during acceleration but never since I had gotten a shift light which was over a month ago. I am thinking they are going to try and pass the buck to me.

I have a feeling they are also going to try and charge me a astronical amount to fix it if they do not warranty the work. I am going to fight it as much as possible, but if it boils down to it - if the price of the work exceeds the amount of an A2... I am getting the A2 without blinking. Is there any reputable place to pick up an A2 with ECU at a good price versus just Ebay? And another thing... how long does our ECU hold old codes?

Thanks in advance

03blueSI
11-14-2003, 06:40 PM
Try HAP recycling. They are in Rancho Cordova, CA and when I inquired about the K20A2 from an RSX type-S they quated me only $4000 for the engine, tranny, wiring harness, computer, and drive axles.

myeverlovinsir
11-14-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by G-J
And another thing... how long does our ECU hold old codes?

Thanks in advance

Interesting, if you use the black box theory, which records vehicle parmeters such as speed, throttle postion, cel codes, etc. then dumps them into a register to be held in a buffer for an undisclosed amount of memory before being overwritten, then you may have stuff you don't want barried in your ECU. I highly doubt it. Anyways, I recommend pulling the ground off your battery for a couple of minutes, this should reset the ECU and eliminate current codes such as CEL. ;)

G-J
11-14-2003, 07:05 PM
Too late, its already at the shop. The car is not driveable anyways right now, thats why I went to Honda of Napa. Normally I wouldn't take a bicycle to get fixed there, but unfortunatly I couldnt make it any farther to any other dealership. Just hope everything turns out or otherwise its A2 time.

Rey
11-14-2003, 07:24 PM
Good luck. I highly doubt that you will win this one. With list of mods like you have, they will try their hardest to screw yah.

HP header, AEM CAI, Custom Mid-Pipe, Hondata Heatshield, Denso IK20's, Progress Sprint Springs, Rear Sway, Recardo CF Pedals, CTR shifter, full stereo system

G-J
11-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Rey
Good luck. I highly doubt that you will win this one. With list of mods like you have, they will try their hardest to screw yah.
Well by the Magnuson Moss Act.. it states they cannot void my warranty due to the aftermarket parts. So that shouldn't play a factor in it... but I can always bring that along just in case. Thanks for mentioning that! I guess I will have to wait until Monday to hear what is actually wrong with the car. :'(

rs_1101
11-14-2003, 10:18 PM
naw man thats not right.. i dont see how those mods could cause that much trouble! the only thing they might have u on is the midpipe. w/o a resonator, frequency intersection points can wander up the headers and into the cylynder.. but idk u should raise hell b4 u give up.