PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Oil smells llike gas?

Silverstreak
11-15-2003, 07:35 AM
Well the title says it all. I was going over the car this morning to make sure every bolt and nut was tighten down. So I go ahead and check the oil and when I pull out the dip stick smell it before I wipe it off and it smelled like gas. I know that it might be a bad seal or something i just dont want my engine to blow. My question is will honda cover this?

bioevolve
11-15-2003, 08:11 AM
If you are under 5,000 miles'ish its normal until ever thing seals properly (break-in). If you are over that, something is not sealing:rings,valves seats, seals, etc.

Silverstreak
11-15-2003, 08:16 AM
I have 16k on the car right now. I hope its not something real bad. God i hope not. Now I have to find time to take it in. I hope they don't give me any shit for the mods I have.

JSIR
11-15-2003, 06:12 PM
all dipsticks smell like gas, not very accurate way to judge. you can have your oil analyzed and they will tell you if there is fuel dilution. highly unlikely in your case though. Ive had my oil tested many times and never had any gas in it. Nothing about your car would cause fuel dilution unless you've managed to crank up the fuel supply.

Joey

Silverstreak
11-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Unless i have a unseated valve or seal. But i will have to get my oil analized to find out if there is an excess of gas or what not.