PDA

View Full Version : I got the Bodyshop Blues :(

TrippZ
11-15-2003, 01:24 PM
Damn...

almost a month now without the Si.

Everything is fixed but they cant find a front bumper. I found a stock front one on ebay but my dad didnt want to get it.

I asked for a BC or some other kits bumper, but he wants to turn it back to stock first.

The bodyshop cant find a si bumper... they said they ordered like 10 bumpers from honda but kept getting the wrong bumper.

PeteSan3
11-15-2003, 01:31 PM
That same shit happened to me too. Sometimes the guys at the dealer and body shop can be dumb. For some reason they confused a Civic EX coupe with the SI. I think the VIN on the EX comes up as an SI or something.

Brettnyt
11-15-2003, 01:53 PM
That sucks, get that sucka up and running trippz! Go with stock bumper and throw on kaminari baby...

Peking
11-15-2003, 01:56 PM
Man :eek: , a whole month without the SI. Welcome to my hell :D You'll find one, is no one selling theirs?

NuG
11-15-2003, 02:10 PM
what color is your car? I have a black front bumper if you are interested.

SoCaLep3
11-15-2003, 02:19 PM
his is euro yellow

Peking
11-15-2003, 02:21 PM
That's ok, he can repaint it.

2k2SiAutoXer
11-15-2003, 02:45 PM
same thing happen to me, the body shop would give the parts people at honda the vin number, so the body shop was not messing up. it took 3 months and about 4 bumpers an 5 hoods to get it right. the first few hoods arrived damaged and one was the wrong one altogether. between that and parts being on backorder it took 3 months to get done. I bitched to honda because it was someone on their end that was causing all the mistakes to i demanded they refund me 3 months worth of lease payments. Well, i few weeks later i got a big ol check in the mail. try to contact honda about that and demand reimbursement, after all, its because someone from honda that is making you wait for your car back.

--Tom

TrippZ
11-15-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by 2k2SiAutoXer
same thing happen to me, the body shop would give the parts people at honda the vin number, so the body shop was not messing up. it took 3 months and about 4 bumpers an 5 hoods to get it right. the first few hoods arrived damaged and one was the wrong one altogether. between that and parts being on backorder it took 3 months to get done. I bitched to honda because it was someone on their end that was causing all the mistakes to i demanded they refund me 3 months worth of lease payments. Well, i few weeks later i got a big ol check in the mail. try to contact honda about that and demand reimbursement, after all, its because someone from honda that is making you wait for your car back.

--Tom

thanks! ill try that once it gets kinda stupid, its only been a few weeks.

im planning on buying my Si just a few goodies (nothing major) for when it come sback. they're all ricer mods though haha seatbelt pads, neons, and a grounding kit.

Peking
11-15-2003, 03:37 PM
Grounding kit isn't rice, unless your getting a bright ass color :D

r3p00c
11-15-2003, 07:49 PM
save the money from the pads and neons and throw some springs on that 4x4 :D

02HatchSI
11-15-2003, 08:16 PM
I have a euro yellow stock front bumper if your intrested... hit me up with a pm as well as the rear bumper and the stock hood too!

SiR Medic
11-16-2003, 07:28 AM
Pikachu will live again!
;)

If you guys think getting Si parts is a pain in the U.S. try Canada, where our "Si" is the same as the U.S. "EX" and our "SiR" is the same as the U.S. "Si"... Confusing eh?

Typical conversation:
Me: "Is that part for the American Si or the Canadian Si?"

Parts Guy: "Doesn't say... I think they are the same anyways."

Me: "No... They aren't... One's a hatchback and one's a coupe."

Parts Guy: "Oh... Which one do you have?"

Me: "Hatchback."

Parts Guy: "Oh... Well, this is for the other one, but try it and see if it fits! If it doesn't, just return it and will order you the other one."

Me: "Grrrr-rrrrr!" (Wishing I had brought the Nail-Bat MkI)

yellerep3
11-16-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by TrippZ
Damn...

almost a month now without the Si.

Everything is fixed but they cant find a front bumper. I found a stock front one on ebay but my dad didnt want to get it.

I asked for a BC or some other kits bumper, but he wants to turn it back to stock first.

The bodyshop cant find a si bumper... they said they ordered like 10 bumpers from honda but kept getting the wrong bumper.

Honestly this is the perfect time for a buddy club, when you car is in the body shop. Just get the buddy club front bumper and rebars andcall it a day. The object of the game is when something goes wrong you make it better, thats how you win!!!

TrippZ
11-16-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by yellerep3
Honestly this is the perfect time for a buddy club, when you car is in the body shop. Just get the buddy club front bumper and rebars andcall it a day. The object of the game is when something goes wrong you make it better, thats how you win!!!

thats the thing my dad wont LET me get a kit.

he's gonna let me get kaminari in a few months tho so im happy :)