PDA

View Full Version : need install instructions RSX S sway bar

civicSIracer
11-15-2003, 03:13 PM
hey guys, i am geting my rsx rear sway bar this week and would like some tips from those of you that have it. some install pics or some basic instructions.. and how can you tell that its upsidedown or not?
thanks for your help..

Peking
11-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Check out these...

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23851

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24263

1. 3/8 Socket
2. 12mm, 14mm sockets
3. 14mm quick wrench
4. 14mm wrench
5. 6mm allen wrench
6. 6" socket extension
You don't need all the tools, but good to have around.
Step 1: Remove the stock sway bar by putting the 14mm wrench over the top endlink bolt and put the allen wrench into the bolt.
Step 2: Remove the rear bushings using the 12mm socket. Remove the entire sway bar.
Step 3: Install both the rear endlinks using the two 14mm wrenches.
Step 4: Slide the rear bushings onto the bar and then mount the bar to the endlinks. Do not tighten them down, attach the hardware very loose. Have to in order to adjust.
Step 5: Install the two bushings and hand tighten everything so that everything is even and equal. Do not tighten the rear bushings too much, you can strip out to bolts. I did on one of my lower right ones.
Step 6: Tighten everything down and check the install after a few hundred miles or if you hear any noise.

I use some lub too
:D hope this helps.

civicSIracer
11-16-2003, 12:53 AM
pretty staight forward. shouldnt take too long.. thanks peking

Lynx
11-16-2003, 02:50 AM
Another way to do it is. Put the rear of the car on ramps, and loosen the top nuts on the links with a 14mm open end wrench and the 5mm allen and dont even bother taking the links off the car. This will seperate the bar from the links. Slide the bar to the right and to the back to get the bar off the links. To put the new on on, just do the reverse. I did mine this way. save me a lot of time. Why take the links off the car and take them off with the bar in a vice, just leave the links on the car. You dont need to take the wheels off this way either.

Peking
11-16-2003, 06:23 AM
Only the top of the endlink should be taken off, not the whole endlink. Oh I see, I had a typo on step 1. Has been corrected, thanks :D

BlackBullet02Si
11-16-2003, 02:10 PM
how much of a difference does the rsx sway bar provide? worth the money? i'm looking to get one as my next mod

Peking
11-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by BlackBullet02Si
how much of a difference does the rsx sway bar provide? worth the money? i'm looking to get one as my next mod

Yes worth the money :D You can feel a difference, if you wanted just search around. The Type-S bar gets good reviews. Front strut bar is sweet too.

Lynx
11-16-2003, 11:24 PM
Agread, best and cheapest mod I'v done so far

AkronSi
11-17-2003, 07:31 AM
Yep definatley worth it. Since I've had mine one, the car is much more solid. It doesn't bounce and creak on bumbs like it used to. This bar really settles the rear down. It shouldn't take you that long to do.

Definatley spray some penetrating fluid on the endlinks before you start and be sure to clean them off good before putting the whole thing back together.

Peking
11-17-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by AkronSi
Definatley spray some penetrating fluid on the endlinks before you start and be sure to clean them off good before putting the whole thing back together.

I used WD-40 :D