PDA

View Full Version : whats the best toughest double sided tape for my damn sideskirts

team ERA 5
11-16-2003, 02:37 AM
im getting a lil frustrated because the back part of my sideskirt isnt sitting and always popping off and i need some hardcoreeeeee heavy dutyyyyy toughestttt stickiesttt tape out there!!!

i used 3m double sided tape....and that doesnt work...

is there such thing as automotive bodykit tape :o

civic hatch boi
11-16-2003, 03:26 AM
dont side skirts get drilled on? or is that only the jdm R ones..

pdogg11123
11-16-2003, 04:48 AM
If you don't want to use tape

I think that there is something called bulldog glue. My dad used it on his side skirts and it works really good. It should come in a squeeze tube from Home Depot or something.

Try not to make a mistake because you have to grind if off if you do.

team ERA 5
11-17-2003, 01:29 PM
thanks guys....civic hatch boi the real jdm ones u have to drill holes but its optional most people just remove the clips....but i have buddy club i drilled the sides

Me ep3
11-20-2003, 09:00 AM
3M is the best there is.:D

2k2ep
12-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Go to a auto paint supplier and ask for the strongest 3m double sided tape they have. Tell them what you are using it for and they will get you something that will work. The auto supply places can get glues that hold on the entire roofs on cars, they can access more adhesives like this than anyone I know.

onEswEEtEp3
12-17-2003, 03:41 AM
What I use is a roll of "3M double-sided tape" the thickest one (there's 3 kinds) ** and "3M adhesive promoter 6938" (i think thats the #, I forgot it's been awhile.., they'll know what your talking about) it comes in a little white packet. What it is., is that it enhance the adhesive on the double-sided tape. You can buy it in any auto paint & supplies store. First make sure the surface your taping is very very clean (very important) then use 3M adhesive promoter first (put it wherever your taping onto) the sideskirts and the body, let it dry, then you put the double-sided tape on it and then install the side-skirts and you're done!!!:) I drive my ep everyday.., rain or shine my side-skirts is been on almost a year, and it's still ON and STRONG!!!:D Try it!!!

Si Death
12-20-2003, 08:05 PM
whoa whoa, so the ctr jdm ones dont have to be drilled BUT the bc3 side skirts do???? baahh if this is true, that throws me off of bc3 ss

danoonez
12-20-2003, 08:55 PM
whoa whoa, so the ctr jdm ones dont have to be drilled BUT the bc3 side skirts do???? baahh if this is true, that throws me off of bc3 ss

CTR come with clips for drilling too. But most people (like mugen_ep) pop them off and just attach the skirts with automotive tape so they dont have to drill into the side of the car.

Si Death
12-21-2003, 11:47 AM
do the bc3 sideskirts come with the same drilling clip part thingos?? can u pop it off like u do the ctr skirts???