PDA

View Full Version : Removing side indicators in fender?

icegrill
11-16-2003, 10:30 AM
I bought some dc5 orange ones which I think look way cleaner than the clear. I'm wondering if there's any danger of damaging the paint on the fender sliding them back like the manual says or would it be best to remove the fender liner and pop them out from the back. Thanks alot for the advice.

labelhunter
11-16-2003, 10:33 AM
Its real easy. No damage. Just try it, it dont take much pressure.

icegrill
11-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the reassurance. That was easy, the ambers look tight. :)

super_si_45
11-20-2003, 05:49 PM
post some pics please!

also, do u need the sockets and wiring and all that like they say on ebay or whatever, or do u still use ur stock ones, so we just need the covers only right?

raiyo
11-20-2003, 10:42 PM
where u bought it from? and pic? and price?

chubbychu
11-20-2003, 10:47 PM
I think look way cleaner

how you figure? i personally like the clear. I took the amber out and put in clear (which shines yellow) so technically its *legal* cuz its not white. lol

i think its funny how we change our bumper lights to clear and change our turn signals to amber. lol

raiyo
11-20-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
how you figure? i personally like the clear. I took the amber out and put in clear (which shines yellow) so technically its *legal* cuz its not white. lol

I thought white sidemarkers are legal if u have some amber/yellow bulbs inside.

513n179
11-22-2003, 10:01 PM
here's how they look:
http://www.fiveonethree.com/epside.jpg

chubbychu
11-23-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by raiyo
I thought white sidemarkers are legal if u have some amber/yellow bulbs inside.

yea, but i was just talking about the "clean-ness" of the side blinkers. stock has an Orange bulb on the inside. it looks way cleaner though when you use a clear bulb and it still omits yellow light(more pale than amber)

513n179
11-23-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
yea, but i was just talking about the "clean-ness" of the side blinkers. stock has an Orange bulb on the inside. it looks way cleaner though when you use a clear bulb and it still omits yellow light(more pale than amber)

i disagree. this would only look okay if you were to change all your bulbs to clear/white (sidemarker lights, bumper lenses, turn signals)... i'm not into the whole clear everything out, a little too played out. i personally went with amber side markers, and clear bumper lenses with amber bulbs. everything lights up amber and matches... thats just my opinion.

super_si_45:
all you need is the actual housing... you don't to wire anything up or use different sockets, they fit in perfectly with our stock setup. i would buy clear bulbs though.

chubbychu
11-23-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by 513n179
i disagree. this would only look okay if you were to change all your bulbs to clear/white (sidemarker lights, bumper lenses, turn signals)... i'm not into the whole clear everything out, a little too played out. i personally went with amber side markers, and clear bumper lenses with amber bulbs. everything lights up amber and matches... thats just my opinion.

thats pretty coool. AND its legal! lol you are right about everyone having clear everything. but i didnt think the yellow of the headlights matched the amber of the the turn signals so i changed my headlights, front driving lights, and bumperlenses to superwhite and stuck with the clear housing motif` all but the foglights(aftermarket) and turnsignals are white

the taillights and rear bumper lights are all stock though i think it keeps the color scheme better

Driftin SI
11-24-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by raiyo
where u bought it from? and pic? and price?

Ebay has the cheapest prices on these, like $30 or so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33715&item=2444472692