PDA

View Full Version : my steering is never alligned!!! Please HELPPPPP!!!!!!

jojo208
11-16-2003, 02:34 PM
Hi guys,

After installing my H&R springs, my car squiks alot but that's not the problem.. I'll change this anyway so I do it right next time. After doing this drop, i did did allignment. front wasn't needed, only the back. Also, i did balancing on all of my tires. I still fill that the car turning towards the right all the time. When i see my front tires, they both have kind of 0 degree chamber on the front left and about .5 - 1 degree (just a guess) for the front right tire.

Can you guys help me out on this one? I don't know what else I should do to get the car alligned. Really appreciate your help!!!

bioevolve
11-16-2003, 03:07 PM
Get alignment checked at another place.

Peking
11-16-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by bioevolve
Get alignment checked at another place.

Agreed, how long after the install did you wait before getting aligned? About a week after gives enough time for the springs to settle. Did you lube the springs any before or after the install, did you also get a camber kit?

jojo208
11-17-2003, 01:48 AM
After install the night before, i did autox, and did allignment on that same day, and that was last week. so it's been a week. No i didn't add any lube at all. no camber kit yet. Already spent my money this month on progress springs and progress sway....... but I will soon for the front.

I think I'm going to go back to the last place i did allignment see if they can fix it back if not i'll get that $21 front camber kit.

DavidT
11-17-2003, 09:49 AM
You should save your money and buy a rear camber kit first. Because the rear is what needs it the most. The front will be ok and it's tolerable but the rear is cambered in enough to see with H&R springs.

If your toe isn't messed up while you did the install, it'd either be your caster or your camber is off more on one side than it is on the other. Did you get an alignment printout from the shop? If you did, type down the specs here and I'll help you out with what's causing the pull (If it's alignment related ;) )

jojo208
11-17-2003, 10:05 AM
They said they the front was fine. they only did rear allignment cause it was so bad. Ya, i'll get the camber kit today for both front and back or probably next month. I already spent this month budget on a progress rear sway.

thanks for that. I have to check my record again. hopefully i still have it. I'll post it tonight if I can find it. Thanks man.......

glw
11-17-2003, 01:10 PM
don't forget to check your tire air pressures...

tony speed
11-17-2003, 01:19 PM
see if something else is not jacked with your suspension. Mine was pulling right as well because of the knuckle bearing. It could also be your ball joint. Put the car in gear, jack up the car and try to get the wheel to move top to bottom or left to right. If the wheel and the rotor wiggle around, you have broken suspension issues. ... It's most likely going to be on the side it's pulling towards.