PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed P-Flow Intake

VividDreams
11-16-2003, 05:45 PM
Has anyone tried this one? It lists for $240 on their website. I was wondering if it was any good

Edit, just saw it on Nopi for $205

DavidT
11-17-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by VividDreams
Edit, just saw it on Nopi for $205

$205 for the P-Flow? Fawk that. It's basically a short ram with a stupid heat shield on it. Get an AEM Cold Air, or Injen Cold Air...or if you're worried about hydrolock'n like I am (Since my road floods every year) get Comptech's Icebox...sickest thing to hit the market.

f4hondaphile
11-17-2003, 02:44 PM
Autocarparts.com has it for 199.15 but I wouldn't want it. Neuspeed as far as I know has only published a dyno of it on the RSX-S. Here's the kisker in that appplication it gained about 8hp which means it would gain significantly less on our car. The Comptech Icebox gained about 12hp on the RSX-S while gaining around 5hp on an EP (granted the rsx was tested with the exhaust and ep with h/e). Since both intakes are the same on both cars I would bet on the Comptech making more power.

Go for one of the CAIs if you want, although if you want to spend upwards of $200, just spring for the Comptech Icebox its my favorite and the best for reliablility IMO because the filter is isolated from debris, water, etc.

If you do a search, a number of guys on here have been pretty pleased with their iceboxes and a lot of us like me lust after one and are saving the money for it.

There's my two cents.

VividDreams
11-19-2003, 05:32 PM
comptech was one of my considerations, i was looking at a few and was wondering if the Icebox was worth the price

im looking to get a Short Ram because i live in the north east(read not dry like nevada, arizona, etc,) my Intake will be on year round and will have to be resistant to heat, cold, snow, rain, sleet, etc.

if the Comptech gives gains identical(or better than) the rest of the SRI's, looks like thats the one ill be getting.

anyone else care to comment?

thanks everyone for the info!

f4hondaphile
11-19-2003, 06:17 PM
Well the comptech icebox is definitely more expensive than SRI but it should perform a little better. Unlike an SRI and the P-Flow, the icebox's filter is not exposed to debris and the underhood heat even though it is subject to more heatsink than most CAIs b/c there is more surface area of the icebox underhood. My cousin has been happy with his injen sri on his rsx but he now would like to try an icebox because it does pull in cooler air.

I'm with you on preferring SRI or Icebox intakes because I am not willing to risk some of the problems (a few of them possibly serious) that other members have experienced with CAIs and water b/c I live in a four seasons state with extremes in all kinds of wheather.

Comptech is a thoughtful company that designs their aftermarket products to perform well but also to maintain the same reliability of OEM parts. Geez, I sound like a commercial for them but I think its true. That's why I am saving up for an icebox, anyway, despite having expressed an interest myself with sri intakes becasue they do flow very well, sound good and are affordable.

Good luck man.