PDA

View Full Version : What to do?? I need BOOST BAD!

bgsteve523
11-16-2003, 06:43 PM
OK guys I have been reading and reading more and more about all of the turbo kits and JRSC. I have NO IDEA what to buy. I might have to wait to see what the race version of JRSC does it may look promising. I think my biggest prob is that I have never owned, drove or been in a turbo charged car. I am not sure what it feels like plus if I am going FI and voiding my warrenty it better run for a long time, it is a Honda after all. I am looking at:

Greedy Turbo with the rev hard IC
Rev Hard Turbo
Cyber Nation stage 1
Jackson Racing SC race version

I have read lots about all and I have no idea what to get I guess ill wait untill more people get turbo's and see what I need I want lots of power but not overkill just wanna beat some of thoes damn V8's.
Thanks,
Steve O

bgsteve523
11-16-2003, 06:59 PM
Ohhhhh and one more thing does anyone have any idea if any of these kits are going to drop in price you know if a company dropped a good amount that was a complete kit they would sell so many it wouldn't even be funny but I guess thats just wish full thinking LOL! Anyway please I would like some input about my orginal post from boosted guys and soon to be boosted.
Thanks Again,
Steve O

bgsteve523
11-16-2003, 08:17 PM
sorry guys one more question I am full of them tonight LOL! How many miles do you have to have on your car to boost safely? I have 5200 on it now should I wait a little bit?
Thanks,
Steve O

K-Series
11-17-2003, 05:29 AM
It all depends on why you want boost. Is it for AutoX, drag strip, street racing, etc?

There are different applications for different needs.

bgsteve523
11-17-2003, 09:37 AM
track and daily driver

K-Series
11-17-2003, 11:09 AM
Well, CN's kit is making the most power right now. RevHard is working with Hondata which is a plus, but the real question is, if you get boost, will stay with what you get?

I think most will want to up the boost and that takes some doing in a RevHard/Greddy kit (Emanage blows from what I hear). At least's CN's kit has the return fuel line so added boost (and a few stages up) are covered.

It all depends. I like the cost of RevHard and the tuning from Hondata, but power is addictive for sure.

bgsteve523
11-17-2003, 12:52 PM
All I know is that my car before this one was a 96 firebird with the LT1 engine and a six speed tranny. That car was fast and fun I would like to reach that kind of power and fun again with my EP and I would be happy no need for too much boost for me but I do need some.
Thanks,
Steve O

mhx
11-17-2003, 04:04 PM
Just dont get a rev hard turbo kit..

Anything else on your list will make you happy.
cybernation is too far for me to go..

I would prob go with greddy kit due to price. But supercharger would be real fun too because ive done greddy on my old 00EX

GL keep us posted

bgsteve523
11-17-2003, 06:31 PM
I heard cyber nation could be installed my a good speed shop no prob so the drive isn't a prob. Why not Rev Hard?!? I was under the impression it was a good kit. How did you like the greedy on your 00EX?? I would like to go with a super charger but it just doesn't seem like it would be enough power.
Thanks,
Steve O

02HatchSI
12-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by mhx
Just dont get a rev hard turbo kit..

Anything else on your list will make you happy.
cybernation is too far for me to go..

I would prob go with greddy kit due to price. But supercharger would be real fun too because ive done greddy on my old 00EX

GL keep us posted

why not revhard??? they are pushing out some fine numbers on the dyno as well as earn the respect they so desire for my purchase... A supercharger... the only one i have seen is the jr one and to what it appears the turbo will kill it... as for the curve on the dyno... there goes ur tires!!!!! don't wanna sound mean or anything but don't dis such a highly respectful company

kcx23
12-04-2003, 05:49 PM
Yah why not revhard? I hope that all ep's boosted are running well cuz turbo cost a shit load of $$$$. But I was just wondering why u said "not revhard" cuz I have the revhard kit and it made my car feel 100x faster. PLease let me know if there is anything I need to know.thanks,kc

87gn
12-05-2003, 11:24 PM
search for older posts about revhard, there used to be alot of shady dealings along with some major problems with one guys car. im not going to say any thing more besides that but i can tell you right now that i lost all respect for revhard months ago. most of the people that respect revhard and that little worm that used to post on here havent been around long enough to know the truth.

kcx23
12-06-2003, 06:40 PM
87gn,

I stop listening to what u have 2 say . U may know plenty about turbo, but nothing about revhard and those stories from the past that were false anyway. But yah my rehard kit runs well, and I would be happy to give u a test drive if u r ever in socal. Oh yah, revhard even gave me another # to call just in case I can't get through their main line because I would ask plenty ?'s any they would help me out until the problem is solved.

87gn
12-06-2003, 09:07 PM
just do some more research, revhards employes and owner have posted about them on here they are true. no doubt that they have strightned alot of there problems up and are alot better company now then they were but i still dont trust em, its just a personal opinion, not wrong not right.

02HatchSI
12-15-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by kcx23
87gn,

I stop listening to what u have 2 say . U may know plenty about turbo, but nothing about revhard and those stories from the past that were false anyway. But yah my rehard kit runs well, and I would be happy to give u a test drive if u r ever in socal. Oh yah, revhard even gave me another # to call just in case I can't get through their main line because I would ask plenty ?'s any they would help me out until the problem is solved.

do u have any kind of a hook-up???