PDA

View Full Version : Might be getting an EP...help?

Btrthnezr3
11-17-2003, 01:56 PM
Hey guys...I've been browsing the board for a while...but just now decided that I can afford a new hatch...hmm...I looked at the inventory for a few of my local dealers (houston) and many of them have 2-3 03 si's on the lot...I'm wondering about what I should talk them down to on the price and what signs to look for when thinking about someone (salesman maybe) ragging it out or whatever...I know I can get a good deal seeing as how the ep's are hard to sell...I'm just not sure how much they will knock off the 19k sticker...
I also think I want black...
I'm just welcome to any suggestions on price, dealer, things to look for ... color...whatever..
Any help will be greatly appreciated...and hopefully, I'll soon be the new owner of an EP (I'm going to look tomorrow...If I can figure out a good price, I'll buy tomorrow!!)
PS: I'm a girl!

Driftin SI
11-17-2003, 02:08 PM
The average price here seems to be around 16.5K, some are higher and some are lower, it all depends on where you live and how popular the car is in that area. Shoot for 16.5K and see what happens, don't pay more than 17K.

Btrthnezr3
11-17-2003, 02:12 PM
Ok thanks...I'm gonna go tomorrow and see if I can get them to go 16.5k...that's before taxes/shizzle right? So that'd be like ...hmm...almost 18 OTD? with all the licensing and taxes etc? (Texas) Anyone else...I like to only talk OTD prices...so I'm gonna see what I can do...but thanks for the heads up on nothing over 17k...
Anyone else? Has anyone bought one recently? Has it been cheaper now that it's the end of the year/model year? Thanks guys!!

Zero Three Si
11-17-2003, 02:31 PM
He was just talking about sale price of the car, at least I think. However, if you want to go with 16.5 OTD....go for it man.

I'd be proud of ya if you got 16.5 OTD. That price isn't far fetched by any means.

skooba
11-17-2003, 02:31 PM
under 17k is definitely doable. I paid 17,400 for mine back in february, its a 2003, they had other 2002's and probably would have gone lower, but I really wanted the blue. If they don't seem interested in your offer, simply leave. If they want the sale, they will come back to you, if not, you can always just go to another dealer, don't settle for anything else.

andy
11-17-2003, 02:39 PM
If they seriously have 02's left on the lot, I would shoot for
16OTD on those. That's a car that's been on their lot forever! They
should be paying you to take it, heh. ;)

I'd ask for 14-15 on an 02, 15-16 on an 03, then tack on the OTD
fees/taxes.

Also, do a couple searches (try just "price" as a search term), I know
someone on here (bobdobbs?) always quotes a price off of a certain
website that is pretty much right on target/where you should start.
If it helps, I paid 16.5K (not OTD) on an 03 in July.

Tenacious G
11-17-2003, 03:11 PM
i paid right around $17K OTD for my leftover 02 back in February. other tricks are to wait until the end of the month and try to catch a desperate dealership trying to meet a quota ... they tend to be more willing to deal then.

with the lack of interest in the EP, i'd go with andy's figures. and there are no significant changes from the 02-03 models.

check out www.edmunds.com for pricing. they're usually pretty accurate, although their "true market value" for the EP may be on the high side. but at least that way you'll know not to pay a cent over the TMV listed on the site.

bobdobbs
11-17-2003, 03:18 PM
$16,872 is the current price. There's a $1000 factory-to-dealer incentive that the dealer won't talk about. You can tell him you know about it, though. $17,872 is the invoice price (on a car without side airbags) so $16,872 is what a dealer will sell for. You might get lucky and find a desperate dealer willing to go into holdback to move a car, but I wouldn't bank on it. Shoot for $16,872, before tax and license, and be firm about it. Pass on the extended warranty and fabric/paint protection. Just keep saying No.

03ViVBEp
11-17-2003, 03:27 PM
mines for sale, buy mine! buy mine! ill bring it to u t00

D16Y8_Turbo
11-17-2003, 05:29 PM
I'm in the car business and the Si's are what we refer to as "boat anchors." If they still have 03's they probably want to get rid of them if they have been on the floor plan a while. Just be courteous to the salesperson and he will work to earn your business. If not, we have your color and it's an '03. We deliver :D

bobdobbs
11-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by D16Y8_Turbo
If not, we have your color and it's an '03.
Let's see a price.

Zero Three Si
11-17-2003, 06:20 PM
I'm in the car business and the Si's are what we refer to as "boat anchors." If they still have 03's they probably want to get rid of them if they have been on the floor plan a while. Just be courteous to the salesperson and he will work to earn your business. If not, we have your color and it's an '03. We deliver :D

Sounds like another car ripoff artist, I mean salesman. We're supposed to be EP brothers man. Taking care of one another. If you REALLY wanted to help him out, you would be mentioning a price and talking about dipping into a bit of that dealer incentive money.

Some "EP Member" you are!!!:mad:

bobdobbs
11-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
If you REALLY wanted to help him out
Her. Our new member is female (and nobody's hit on her yet! :eek: )

peterZ
11-17-2003, 06:31 PM
I went to Cars.com and asked for 5 quotes in my area. by the end of the week, I had the email quotes; the lowest under $15,900. I called, verified, and drove away that weekend in my 03 Si. give it a try.

Zero Three Si
11-17-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Her. Our new member is female (and nobody's hit on her yet! :eek: )

Her, Him....either way THE PERSON hasn't been much help to this guy.

bobdobbs
11-17-2003, 07:05 PM
Her, Him....either way THE PERSON hasn't been much help to this guy.
How much have you had to drink tonight?

Zero Three Si
11-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
How much have you had to drink tonight?

That's it!!! I've had enough of your abuse tonight. I'm going to watch Monday Night Football. Go 9er's!!!

Btrthnezr3
11-18-2003, 06:21 AM
Wow...Ok...lots of responses...giving me something to think about, aren't you guys?! Ok...well, I'm going to the stealership sometime this week...and I'm also gonna do the quote thing on cars.com...Hmm...
I'm just gonna get them down as low as they can go...I really need a new car...and I've got my eyes on Honda...and of course right now, with each of the dealers around me having like 3...I can get the best deal on an Si ;)
Thanks for all the help guys!!
Hopefully I'll get one soon and post pics of my new ride!!

BTW...
My car now...
1999 Honda Civic 4 Door
Flamenco Black Pearl
15" Rota C8's
Dropped on Ground Controls/KYB AGX's
2 JL Audio 10w0's
Strut Bars (hehe)
White gauge faces with red letters
Tint
OEM Si Grill
Intake/Exhaust

Not much...my mom's gonna take it...haha...but I have to take the suspension off cuz she hates it...everything else about the car...she loves...when she drives my car she always revs at people...soo embarassing!!

furious
11-18-2003, 06:48 AM
Tell the dealer to swap in the silver engine cover, throw in the CF-look trim, and complete Si mats. They'll do it w/o problem as it cost them very little. Do this 'after' price negotiation - I told my salesman "Must suck to have so many immovable Sis on the lot huh? Cause they aren't selling in the US market..", he caved and said "yeah, not popular" .....OWNED!!

D16Y8_Turbo
11-18-2003, 06:56 AM
If you REALLY wanted to help him out, you would be mentioning a price and talking about dipping into a bit of that dealer incentive money.

Some "EP Member" you are!!!:mad:

Ah, the typical customer...What's your best price?

As I mentioned before, be upfront with the salesman. Keep in mind every customer wants the "best" price. Do some internet emails and take one for a drive and make sure that is the car you want. Sometimes, people take one for a ride and find something they might not enjoy (but not often). In short, take one on a test drive so you know that's exactly what you want before you negotiate price. Then go from there. You'll have a much better buying experience rather than just trying to get a certain price of which you have been told is what they (Si's) are going for. I recently bought a pair of shoes, they were only $120 bucks but you know what I did? I put them on my feet first before I paid the money for them. Wouldn't you test something too if you were paying 150 times what I did for my pair of shoes? You bet I would.

Hope that helps.

Zero Three Si
11-18-2003, 07:48 AM
Ah, the typical customer...What's your best price?

As I mentioned before, be upfront with the salesman. Keep in mind every customer wants the "best" price. Do some internet emails and take one for a drive and make sure that is the car you want. Sometimes, people take one for a ride and find something they might not enjoy (but not often). In short, take one on a test drive so you know that's exactly what you want before you negotiate price. Then go from there. You'll have a much better buying experience rather than just trying to get a certain price of which you have been told is what they (Si's) are going for. I recently bought a pair of shoes, they were only $120 bucks but you know what I did? I put them on my feet first before I paid the money for them. Wouldn't you test something too if you were paying 150 times what I did for my pair of shoes? You bet I would.

Hope that helps.

Wow what a interesting write up.

fsugatorbait
11-18-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Btrthnezr3
Not much...my mom's gonna take it...haha...but I have to take the suspension off cuz she hates it...everything else about the car...she loves...when she drives my car she always revs at people...soo embarassing!!

Sounds like you got a cool mom!:D
Id laugh my ass off if there was a middle aged women in a modded civic reving at me. Then id have to show her what the EP is all about.;)

Btrthnezr3
11-18-2003, 08:39 AM
About the post on deciding what I want first...I'm going to look and test drive today...and my only other option is a civic ex...I really want the si...but since this is gonna be my daily, and I'm somewhat out of the "scene" now...I don't really need uber performance..just something fun...but I'm gonna drive both...see which I like better...and/or can get the best deal on...and I am a performance oriented driver, but with this purchase(being my daily to and from college and work...and I most likely will have a "project" in the next year) I just need a good car...so whichever one I like...that's what I'll get...although I know I'll get flamed for even considering an sohc...darn the luck...why can't they make the coupe with the k20?
Heh...thanks though...talked to my mom...we're going to testdrive tonight...I'll let you know how it goes!!

PS: when it comes to cars...my mom is pretty cool...I had to teach her about JDM, VTEC, SOHC vs DOHC all that jazz...and she pretty much still remembers it...haha...she wants an 04 Accord V6 with Navi...we'll see if she gets that...I, however, can't afford it
:(

Btrthnezr3
11-18-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Id laugh my ass off if there was a middle aged women in a modded civic reving at me. Then id have to show her what the EP is all about.;)

Haha...that actually happend one time...My mom, my uncle and I were coming home from my cousin's house on the other side of town and we were stopped at a light...my mom and my uncle were sitting up front, and I was in the back...behind the 5% tint mind you...and my mom sort of revs at the light...I looked over...there was a 99 Teg, lowered with rims and exhaust...haha...the guy looked over..him and his girlfriend started cracking up laughing...haha...They couldn't see me so all they could see was my mom and my 60+ year old uncle in the car...my mom then preceded to roll down the windows and "bump" my system...I thought the peeps in the teg were gonna fall out laughing...haha...then the light turned green and my mom did a little chirp of the tires and we were on our way...haha!!

fsugatorbait
11-18-2003, 08:51 AM
Haha...that actually happend one time...My mom, my uncle and I were coming home from my cousin's house on the other side of town and we were stopped at a light...my mom and my uncle were sitting up front, and I was in the back...behind the 5% tint mind you...and my mom sort of revs at the light...I looked over...there was a 99 Teg, lowered with rims and exhaust...haha...the guy looked over..him and his girlfriend started cracking up laughing...haha...They couldn't see me so all they could see was my mom and my 60+ year old uncle in the car...my mom then preceded to roll down the windows and "bump" my system...I thought the peeps in the teg were gonna fall out laughing...haha...then the light turned green and my mom did a little chirp of the tires and we were on our way...haha!!

Thats priceless! :D :D :D
I think I would be able to die happy if that happened to me:)

Zero Three Si
11-18-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait

Actually, there is a OLDER women (at least 55) that lives 2 blocks from me that drives a modded I'd say about a 1997 Hatch back civic. The thing has exhaust, rims, tint. I just smile and wave every time I see her.

stephen
11-18-2003, 08:59 AM
Shoot for 15,300 before tax.

That comes out to a little over 16k OTD.

Tenacious G
11-18-2003, 10:23 AM
About the post on deciding what I want first...I'm going to look and test drive today...and my only other option is a civic ex...I really want the si...but since this is gonna be my daily, and I'm somewhat out of the "scene" now...I don't really need uber performance..just something fun...

IMO, the EP is a lot more car for the money. and you can get a better deal on them. and i think you'll find just about every member here will agree that the EP is 10x more fun to drive than an EM2.