PDA

View Full Version : Not specifically suspension but chassis mods?

03CivicSi
11-17-2003, 02:21 PM
Hey, can anyone tell me a bunch of good chassis mods I can do to a car to improve the strength of it and make it a more longer lasting and safe car? Like lightened flywheel, upgraded clutch kit, suspension, things in that area.. Thanks a bunch!

Tenacious G
11-17-2003, 03:37 PM
well, flywheels and clutches are part of the drivetrain. there are products out there, but the stock parts are pretty reliable. those mods usually are needed when you have a significant power increase from FI, etc.

also, the EP's chassis is pretty stiff as is, thus accounting for the heavy weight of the car. any additional strengthening would only be adding weight to an already overweight car. i've read one review of Neuspeed's x-brace, and that person reported negligible effects.

mhx
11-17-2003, 03:58 PM
if you want to make things stiffer the best thing to buy is uper strut bars front and rear. I have read so many good things about them and from ppl face to face..
neuspeed are my choice when i get some cash to buy some

03CivicSi
11-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Yes, sorry, I failed to add, what would you need if you had the increase in power? Like if you put a couple hundred horse on the Si..

you wouldn't need to change much then? or...

Tenacious G
11-18-2003, 10:09 AM
in that case, you definately would need to upgrade your clutch. and a lighter flywheel may also help. if you do a search for clutch, you'll find some members who have upgraded theirs.