PDA

View Full Version : which is better

jdm03ep
11-17-2003, 03:34 PM
jackson racing race headers or comptech race heeaders and why

jdm03ep
11-17-2003, 06:32 PM
28 looks and no response:confused:i dont think to many people have these headers so i am just asking for opinions not facts dont be scared to comment.;)

Rey
11-17-2003, 07:33 PM
I haven't see pics of either. I thought I saw a pic of the comptech for the RSX Type-S and it looks like it extends all the way to the cat. If I see the pic I will post it.

Rey
11-17-2003, 07:34 PM
There it is. When I have nothing else to do I am getting that one :)http://www.wholesalehyperformance.com/comptech/headers/rsx-k20-race-header.jpg

Peking
11-17-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by jdm03ep
jackson racing race headers or comptech race heeaders and why

For being reg. since Dec.02 your question borders on newb. Jackson racing headers just came out, and from what I have heard seem to be costly. Comptech headers (like many of their products) don't impress me. No one can really give you the answer you want, since I don't think any of us could really afford to buy each and test them ourselves. If you want headers, go with alot of the other folks on here have. DC Sports Headers.

jdm03ep
11-18-2003, 03:22 AM
thanks guys
For being reg. since Dec.02 your question borders on newb. Jackson racing headers just came out, and from what I have heard seem to be costly. Comptech headers (like many of their products) don't impress me. No one can really give you the answer you want, since I don't think any of us could really afford to buy each and test them ourselves. If you want headers, go with alot of the other folks on here have. DC Sports Headers.

and that being said i think i will stick with my dc headers and buy a downpipe with no cat.
thanks peking;)

STP03BlueSI
11-18-2003, 07:01 AM
I heard the DC is 10x better(and cheaper)

Tenacious G
11-19-2003, 01:26 PM
um, the Comptech and JR race headers will give you better gains than the DC header because they both eliminate the cat.

try a search for the comptech or JR race header. there's one or two members here with either one of the headers. i think the RSX-S saw something like an 18 whp increase. the EP won't see that kind of gains, but it'll give you an idea of what to expect.

HARRY POTTER
11-19-2003, 02:56 PM
i have the comptech header. (50 state legal version) cant really speak on a comparison to jackson racing's header, but the comptech hasnt failed me yet. i know tons of people with DC (mostly older EGs and EMs) and a very small percentage have ever had problems with them, like cracking welds and whatnot. anyhow, i spent roughly around 500 for the comptech headers and i wouldnt have it any other way. knowing that i have quality under my hood keeps me confident of not worrying so much about major/minor problems anytime soon. and the TIG welds look so sweet!! i'd say its really a personal choice of what header to get. some say one works better than another. dunno know too much about that... all i know is that i've waxed a few EPs like they were parked on curb, clubbed. ;) maybe its the skills.. or MAYBE its the HEADER! hahaha.. hth..