PDA

View Full Version : passenger window streaking

IIx 03 EP xII
11-17-2003, 04:12 PM
my passanger window... is fine rolling up and down... but it leaves streaks on my window/tint like crazy, and is ALOT slower to roll up than my driver's window. i probably wouldnt care too much cuz they wipe off, but ive already been to the dealer to replace my drivers side window track or whatever its called. does this streaking happen to anybody else? could have anything to do with my tint? i have limo tint on all window, and the dealer blamed the drivers window defect on the tint, even though the window was BROKEN two weeks before i got my tint. the dealer was just too freakin busy to fix it before i got my tint. thanks

dtexan
11-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Just about every honda i've owned has done this. You can take your door panel off and look in there and see if you can find any problems, but I think its just a honda thing

chakra71
11-17-2003, 04:39 PM
My driver's side window would get a little smudge that would turn into a streak. I took the door pannel off and found that one of the cables inside the door has a small piece of foam rubber on it to prevent it from tapping on the glas when it's down. This little piece of foam was incredibly oily and would lightly tap the window leaving a smudge. I had to fish in a piece of rope and tie the cable so that it would not touch the glass. Since I've done this I haven't had any problems. I have pics I can try to dig up if you would like.

As far as being slow to roll up... The only time I had that problem was when the window track was messed up. The dealership fixed it under warantee. I would take it in for that one, but they would probably totally F up your door if you tried to get them to fix the smudge.

Edit: The tint shouldn't have anything to do with the window being slow or the smudge. Mine are tinted and I only noticed the smudge because of it. I'm anal about clean glass. If it's not perfect it drives me insane.

Zero Three Si
11-17-2003, 06:27 PM
Sounds like a Saturday afternoon project of taking your door apart. Every Honda I've ever had did this exact same thing.