PDA

View Full Version : Drivers side window

RacingCivicSi02
11-17-2003, 07:41 PM
My driver side window doesn't roll all the way up. WTF is up with that.And the rubber thing on the side is coming off. And when it rolls down the heard a big is knocking when it gets all the way down on both sides. anyone know whats wrong?

Rey
11-17-2003, 08:23 PM
Probably weather stripping over working the motor. Get it checked ASAP. Sounds like a local defect.

yellerep3
11-17-2003, 08:27 PM
yeah try and bitch ta honda

rook
11-18-2003, 11:46 AM
My drivers side door channel separated at the front seam, 6-8 inches up from the mirror. It started to bunch up in the rear top corner, dealer replaced no questions asked.

rook

02CivicSI-VTEC
11-18-2003, 01:01 PM
man i have the oppisite problem from your. when i roll my window up and make a bump noise shit scared the hell out of me. and im too lazy to bring it to honda because they take too long and in the end they might just blame it on me and shit... like they always do

IIx 03 EP xII
11-18-2003, 02:58 PM
the same exact thing happened to me. the rubber was coming off from the back of the window... and it was causing it to not roll up all the way. i discovered it after going through a drive thru... and it wouldnt go back up. i had to get out of the car, and try to push the rubber back down INTO THE DOOR!!! so i called the dealer, and they made me an appointment for like a week later at 7 00 in the morning, and im still in high school! after they had to overnight a part... TWO days without my baby!!!!!! they fixed it no problem, but then told my mom it was because of my brand new tint! that made me mad. but yeah, warranty that junk.

yellerep3
11-18-2003, 05:30 PM
i think we should blame all of our cars defects on the stupid brits

civicracer1128
11-18-2003, 11:25 PM
everyone be happy you got a honda. with mk4(99-02 if they fixed the problem finally) VW jettas/golfs they have a fun thing where the window drops into the door and doesnt come back up till the dealer fixes it. the window regulator clips are plastic and break once or more a year. seems to happen right before it rains always. and the VW owners blame mexico as thats where theyre made.

Big_T
11-19-2003, 12:38 AM
same thing happened to me after I got my tints put on but it stopped after a few days

anti-hu
11-19-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by civicracer1128
everyone be happy you got a honda. with mk4(99-02 if they fixed the problem finally) VW jettas/golfs they have a fun thing where the window drops into the door and doesnt come back up till the dealer fixes it. the window regulator clips are plastic and break once or more a year. seems to happen right before it rains always. and the VW owners blame mexico as thats where theyre made.

my focus was made in mexico, can i blame the battery cables that caught on fire on them? or the windows that have fallen numerious times now? or that i own a 2000 focus and im allready on fuel pump #3? im saving crazy mad to buy an ep :(

mexico is known for their great tequila and beautiful woman. their car construction skills on the otherhand could use some serious work.

f4hondaphile
11-19-2003, 12:53 AM
For the Focus problems blame the poor quality American supply parts that went into it....

For problems with an ep blame the limeys, always!

yellerep3
11-19-2003, 03:54 AM
american made cars = poor reliability, and workmanship, never buy american, always buy japanese!! Hey next time your battery cables catch on fire let the thing burn, and insurance will buy you a new ep!

yellerep3
11-19-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by yellerep3
american made cars = poor reliability, and workmanship, never buy american, always buy japanese!! Hey next time your battery cables catch on fire let the thing burn, and insurance will buy you a new ep! ;) jk:D

civicracer1128
11-19-2003, 11:24 PM
;) jk:D

no your not and nor do i blame you:D

anti-hu
11-20-2003, 12:37 AM
;) jk:D

i was hoping the cable fire would blow up the car....but it didnt :(