PDA

View Full Version : rear end input needed

rs_1101
11-18-2003, 12:07 AM
no not that kind of input you pervs :confused:

im dropped tein style, and id like to improve my handling w/o removing the teins (cuz i kno some of you would suggest that)

im getting a camber kit, and am trying to decide rsx sway bar or rear strut bar

im trying to get the car into alittle understeer for more of a track feel. i want to reduce bodyroll as much as possible for my current near stock setup for some "light" drifting.

STP03BlueSI
11-18-2003, 09:16 AM
Have u purchased ne Strut bars of ne type?

Spazhead
11-18-2003, 12:10 PM
:D :D :D :D LOL, sorry, just chuckling about the subject line.:D :D :D :D

rs_1101
11-18-2003, 12:16 PM
no existing strut bars of any type or any other suspension mods but for springs

BlasTech
11-18-2003, 12:18 PM
LIght drifting? I didnt know that could be done in a FWD car.

So Sway bars front and back will help reduce body roll. The stiffer the rear is, the more oversteer you get, the stiffer the front, the more understeer you get.

I would start with sway bars, then get into strut or tie bars after that.

Camber will have a big impact on how your car grips and wears tires when you go through hard sweeps and corners. Too much can affect your straight line grip though. A litte negative camber in front or back is OK (1-1.5 degrees), but make damn sure your toe is set to zero in back and zero or just a little out in front.

explain more about what you want to do in the car.

rs_1101
11-18-2003, 12:31 PM
my plans for camber were to leave the front unadjusted (-.7) and take the back from (-1.2) to something more like (-.2) then i wanted to stiffen up the rear alot which is why i was asking if i should get rear sway first or strut tower first. i really want to stiffen it up a bit. i was looking at the rsx-s bar and ive heard its good for a daily driver. right now i think the ctr bar would be alittle rough