PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Modification Questions

Quicksilver
11-18-2003, 12:42 AM
I know that there are a few people on here that got their throttle bodies overbored. I also know that at least a couple of you got a part notched on the TB to allow full perpendicular opening of the butterfly. My question for you is, can I notch the TB to open all the way without overboring? Would I need to adjust anything with the TPS once the modification has been made? Please post any pictures which would show the modification. I was just thinking this might be a nice "free mod" for us.

Thanks ahead,
Kurtis

STP03BlueSI
11-18-2003, 07:40 AM
The only TB mod i know is the Spoon TB...but then i might be wrong

fsugatorbait
11-18-2003, 10:48 AM
If your interested in having your TB worked, id check out king motorsports, they charge $150 for the overbore w/$300 corecharge if you dont sent them your TB for the work. I belive they overbore it to 64mm, the Spoon TB is 70mm but tapers in. What your talking about doing is called a perpendicular butterfly, id check with bioevolve on that one, he had his done then grinded down the edges of the butterfly to a sharp edge to get even more airflow. HTH

Quicksilver
11-19-2003, 09:30 AM
I had read about the Spoon TB, and the overboring that King Motorsports can do. What I was referring to was that our butterflies don't open perpendicular at WOT. If I recall correctly, it's somewhere in the neighborhood of a 13% angle. Myeverlovinsir and JSIR had some part notched so the TB could fully open all the way. Mind you, they had the overbore, tapered butterfly screws, and I think the butterfly edge grinding done also. King Motorsports might have notched the TB that for Bioevolve also. I would have sent it to them for the "full treatment", but everytime I'd called I always got a vague answer back to my questions.

I was just looking to see if I could do a quick notching of the throttle body to get the benefit of the butterfly opening all the way. Myeverlovinsir had mentioned something about checking the resistance on the throttle position sensor, but I wasn't sure if that was in relation to closed throttle position only or if there should also be another reading for WOT. It sounds like we have only three people that have had TB work so far, so hopefully one of them will chime in with the answer.