PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Brake Light molding

Jaminak
11-18-2003, 03:09 PM
What did you all do with the old 3rd brake light when you got a new wing? I read that some people just took out the light and kept the molding piece there. That's what I did. I want to get rid of the empty molding that sticks down. Do the real Type R's have a piece that would fix this? I figure the rear window is so small as it is - may as well get as much viewing through it as possible. Where could I get a piece that would replace the old 3rd brake light holder?

raiyo
11-18-2003, 10:36 PM
interesting, I would like to know too, but which spoiler you're talking about? Type-R spoiler? If you are, the molding is covered by the spoiler isn't it? So what's the biggie?

Jaminak
11-19-2003, 10:21 AM
Yeah, Type R spoiler. From the outside it is covered by the spoiler. Well, mostly anyway. But from the inside you can see it stick way down. I just thought there must be a de-lighted panel on some foriegn Civic.

SIbeau
11-19-2003, 05:04 PM
I was just wondering the exact same thing the other day. Does the civic type r's rear window molding have the space for the rear brake light since the wing covers it?

Jaminak
11-24-2003, 04:15 PM
Well, I decided to just take off that piece. You can only really tell when you open the hatch. And it gets rid of the 3rd brake light cover that was sticking down. Maybe someday I'll find a replacement.