PDA

View Full Version : Are Euro plates allowed in the states?

03CivicSi
11-18-2003, 05:54 PM
Can we use the skinnier, lengthier Euro and.. umm not US? plates on US cars, so it kinda takes less space from an air damn, like if you had a body kit focusing on more air to the intercooler, and cant find room for the US plates, could you do this and find a place to get these plates? j/w Thanks

02TafWhtSi
11-18-2003, 07:24 PM
...you can if you place your US plate in the front/rear window (passenger side for the front). Your real ones NEED to be visible though :)

03CivicSi
11-19-2003, 08:03 AM
ok you can do that? sweet thanks

raiyo
11-19-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
...you can if you place your US plate in the front/rear window (passenger side for the front). Your real ones NEED to be visible though :)

I asked the DPT people and they said your plate HAS to be on your bumper, else you'll get a ticket. No matter if it is on your windshield or not. No plate on the bumper means no plate at all. That's for California.

BarracksSi
11-23-2003, 06:25 PM
Another option, on my EP:

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21013&highlight=BarracksSi

I'd check with the local cops to see what they think. I've had mine like this since probably April, and have never had legal issues.

Kis4KEN
12-02-2003, 11:39 PM
in some states... like good ole arizona, you only need your real plate in the rear

chubbychu
12-02-2003, 11:48 PM
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25159

well, if you wanna get creative..i had a vinyl man do this for me...its probably as illegeal as NOT having a plate...but..yea, score 1 for originality huh =o)

and also, for Non-white colored cars, most vinyl shops have a reflective white color vinyl so if you wanted to cut out a thick strip of that and THAN put your sticker letters on, that would maybe wokr? i dunno.

Kis4KEN
12-03-2003, 09:06 PM
at a glance... you see nothing different.... but the more i look at it... it plays more tricks on my eyes. heh heh:confused: