PDA

View Full Version : Sad day for a fellow egg

02HatchSI
11-18-2003, 06:03 PM
Well i was at work tonight @ honda an the next thing i see is a tow truck carrying in one of our own black 03 ep's with less than 2000 miles on it... I didn't really mind it cause i thought it was in for service or something stupid.... I went up to the mechanic later to ask him whats up... he lowered the car and told me to look in... i was like okay... so i did and there was water everywhere... *its been raining like hell here in stl, MO for the past couple days... but yeah i was looking... it got the seats the hatch.. the doors... everything... I was like wtf happend??? He finally said what happend after laughing at the fact that it happend... It turns out that the driver was driving somewhere and hit a "puddle" which ended up to be over 3 ft deep... his whole car is gone... it poured inside it as well as fried the ecu as well as the engine... the entire car is fucked... electronically as well as functionally... nothing was done to this car... it was in pristine condition and now its gonna be totalled out... damn i want some shit off of it but i am sure it'll still sell for 10 g's or so *estimated price value yada yada yada... but if it ends up in a junk yard i am all over it :)

k20hatch
11-18-2003, 06:12 PM
Wow!!!! That has to be terrible for the owner! Im glad the owner got out!! Id like to have them stock seats!! Im glad i dont ever drive mine in rain!!

crex2nr
11-18-2003, 07:29 PM
i never realized how bad its been with the rain and all till now. for awhile there i thought i was the only who had a problem with the rain. makes me want to join my brother in phoenix,az that way i dont have to worry about rain no more.:)

blackyEP3
11-18-2003, 07:52 PM
Quick, unscrew the antanna and send it my way!! Its $50 canadian at our dealership!!

Brettnyt
11-18-2003, 08:27 PM
Damn... Crazy! Thats why you dont drive through puddles that you arent sure about...

02HatchSI
11-19-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by blackyEP3
Quick, unscrew the antanna and send it my way!! Its $50 canadian at our dealership!!

I could :)

EricP3
11-20-2003, 04:41 PM
wow, that would suck. i would probly start crying if that happened to me. atleast its still under warranty :)

02HatchSI
11-20-2003, 05:34 PM
Well turns out the car is totalled... but i do believe that the engine still has a chance... I heard that it still fires up... but since everything else basically is fucked *electronically they totalled it...

Maybe I should get it??? or talk to the guy about it :)

siver-SI
11-20-2003, 07:12 PM
If you get please post parts that are good. If you could send the headlights cheap I would love to have for a CF idea I have.

KimchiBoy_TypeR
11-20-2003, 08:06 PM
Thats really sad to hear about man:( But if you do buy the motor or any thing? Do you think there is a chance if I could buy the throttle body off of you? Let us know if you can get any thing for us;)

Zero Three Si
11-20-2003, 08:11 PM
another one bites the dust...

and another one and another one

BITES THE DUST!!

If we keep wrecking all these EP's....there's going to be a TON of engines laying around for all the B series owners to do engine swaps.