PDA

View Full Version : Took my Civic badge off today.

SBC31
06-28-2002, 11:39 AM
Car looks much cleaner without it. I may also remove the SiR badge in the near future since it now seems lost without the Civic on there.

Was rather easy to take it off with dental floss, I was even able to keep it intact.

Look for pics soon. (of course this is not a major mod, but regardless I will post some pics when I take some)

2k2civicSi
06-28-2002, 11:46 AM
if you lease a car are you alowed to do any mods to it?

Brenetics
06-28-2002, 12:12 PM
My guess would be no, but call your dealer to see for sure

Mechanic
06-28-2002, 05:05 PM
SBC31: Amazing how enthusiasts think the same thoughts. After carefully removing the window sticker (I don't know why I hang on to those things, but I do), my next chore was to remove the Civic badge from the deck lid. The red "Si" looks a lot better by itself. (Started with dental floss but progressed to a plastic credit card.) Now I have another "Civic" badge to add to the jar full of "Accord," "LX," "EX," and "Acura" badges.

(As for putting them back on if necessary WRT a lease car, silicone cement works great. It's sticks just like the two-sided tape, and won't mar the finish.)

SilverArrow
06-28-2002, 05:35 PM
As far as badge removing...I'm not for it(at this point). if I ever do some major body work(painting, decals..etc.) I might have to remove them but hey! If you think it looks good, RIGHT ON! I want people to know what I have. Some people can't read and still ask me all the time. Who knows?

As far as leasing. You have to keep the car intact. No mods. No nothing. Sorry!:(

2k2civicSi
06-28-2002, 08:44 PM
my catr isnt leased i thought sbc31 said his was i was just asking if he was allowed to take it off

Hondatech
06-29-2002, 09:55 AM
You can do whatever you want to a leased car. The problem lies in turning it back in. You'd best remove any bolt on mods, since you won't get any extra cash or anything for them if they stay on the car, and may be peanlized for stuff like missing badges, wacky body kits, etc.

DynaSpeed
06-29-2002, 10:12 AM
For all those lessee's that are considering modding there vehicle.

*Please do so with reckless abandon*

When your lease is up, don't turn it in... just buy it from the residual. If you don't want the car anymore, sell it to somebody that is looking for a modded vehicle. Therefore, some of your investment will be recycled into the price of the vehicle.

SBC31
06-30-2002, 11:21 AM
Car is leased but I can do any mods to it. If I give the car back, I will remove any mods I've done. As for the badge, my dealer is okay with it, then again a good friend of mine works for my dealer. Note also that my Honda dealer is also a licensed dealer for after market stuff, and they encourage it for some reason.

I had a 97 Civic hatch with a few mods and I simply took them off when my lease ended and gave that car back.

stingyboy
07-01-2002, 06:24 PM
how are those badges attached to our cars? glue?

or small holes in the body with little plastic brackets behind the emblem?

i'd like to get rid of the H and Civic badges on the back (i hate how yellow wax gets caught in there!!) but i'm scared of what i'll find underneath.

SBC31
07-01-2002, 08:03 PM
Civic emblem and SiR (Si) ones are just on with some sort of 2 way tape. Dental floss takes them off with no problem then just wax the area. Don't it on a hot day and it's even easier, or use a blow dryer to heat up the area if needed.

The H on the hatch and on the front grill do have holes for them so I would leave them on. The SiR (Si) in the front grill should come off easily.