PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever wish you bought another color?

stephen
11-18-2003, 07:30 PM
I have white, but sometimes I wish I had black. But I like my white 99% of the time.

TheMutt
11-18-2003, 07:38 PM
Hmmm I live in TX, so I think I'll wish I had black right until the day summer starts again.

JLannoo
11-18-2003, 07:46 PM
Well They didnt have black available when I got my ep. Silver was my second choice So I was still happy. :D I understand black is hard to keep clean anyways and I dont always have time.

Here is a unexciting picture of my stock ep..Oh wait I'm not stock now,I got new tires (not in picture) LOL does that count? :)

blackyEP3
11-18-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by stephen
I have white, but sometimes I wish I had black. But I like my white 99% of the time.

I have black, but sometimes I wish I had white. I just hate black cars now that I own one because its IMPOSSIBLE to clean!

jaydub
11-18-2003, 07:48 PM
I wish I had gotten silver, but at the time all they had was a riced out one, complete with big vinyl graphics on the side. :(

civic hatch boi
11-18-2003, 07:48 PM
i'd never get another color other than black.... if i HAD To, white.. never silver. not JDM enough :) wuahah

BlasTech
11-18-2003, 07:49 PM
Im happy with silver, but I like black just as much... my preferred color would be charcoal.

Brettnyt
11-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Yeah, sometimes i also wish that I had gotten black... Oh wait! I did! MUAHAHAHA! Haha, yeah, I love my black, it is so nice when it is clean, its just keeping it clean that is tough... But I love my car, theres nothing better than spending 45 minutes groping the sexy curves of my car with a soapy wash mitt...

Pointless pic of my stock car photoshopped with a drop...

crex2nr
11-18-2003, 08:01 PM
i love mine, being that its white and all, but i originally was looking for the damn gold one, mustard yellow or whatever color they call it. blue was my 3rd choice, but im definitely happy with the white for now; but its going to head to the shop for a swap in a few months

DarkHatch
11-18-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Yeah, sometimes i also wish that I had gotten black... Oh wait! I did! MUAHAHAHA! Haha, yeah, I love my black, it is so nice when it is clean, its just keeping it clean that is tough... But I love my car, theres nothing better than spending 45 minutes groping the sexy curves of my car with a soapy wash mitt...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that:) I love my sexy little black mini-mini van:D

civic hatch boi
11-18-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by crex2nr
i love mine, being that its white and all, but i originally was looking for the damn gold one, mustard yellow or whatever color they call it. blue was my 3rd choice, but im definitely happy with the white for now; but its going to head to the shop for a swap in a few months

u wanted the poo color one???

DarkHatch
11-18-2003, 08:20 PM
lol!!!:D

Civicvtec1ps
11-18-2003, 08:22 PM
nah.Love silver cars.

Zero Three Si
11-18-2003, 08:36 PM
Silver....can go longer without washing!

chibianh
11-18-2003, 08:38 PM
to tell u the truth.. i like all the colors. the dealer had a silver and a white. i chose the silver cuz it had lower miles (not that it mattered). Anyway, i wouldn't have minded getting any color. Although if they had a grey color or that milano red, i'd be all over those.

dj addicted
11-18-2003, 08:39 PM
the only color I wish I could have is red. But I love my blue!!!

02SilverSiHB
11-18-2003, 08:54 PM
hell no, I love my silver :D

ep3hatchattack
11-18-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
Im happy with silver, but I like black just as much... my preferred color would be charcoal.

haha. Me too..... i got black and then i wanted white a week later, and now i am soooo glad i got black. I know its more maintenance, but if you really love it then you are willing to clean it.
Once You Go Black You Never Go Back

KickerSi
11-18-2003, 09:17 PM
I WANT MILANO RED! Why the hell do the Canadians get it but not the Americans. Damn you Honda. We can say eh too!

redronin22
11-18-2003, 09:23 PM
milano red...

crex2nr
11-18-2003, 09:24 PM
i kinda liked the poo color, esp. LAW's car, but heres mine

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.jsp?invite=LEzrY4J0h55XB5LzU7Q0&shareName=Photo

Loudpedal
11-18-2003, 09:29 PM
I'm happy with my black EP. I always wanted a black car, and given the extra need to keep it clean it might as well be a small car.

Red does look very sharp I must say, but it's such an attention (read Cop) magnet. When clean it's such a glossy lipstick red.

f4hondaphile
11-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Love my silver, I have a history with and like silver on cars as a general rule, but whenever I see a really clean black ep I get a little envious. I also like the vivid blue pearl a lot but it wasn't avail. on an 02 model.

Still think silver is the way to go...for me. Our cars look good in all their colors, though I personally am not a fan of the piss gold, it makes kind of a cool statement.

bobdobbs
11-18-2003, 09:54 PM
Vivid Blue Pearl > all. My wife thinks so too. :D

02NJHondaep3
11-18-2003, 10:26 PM
Hey u guys remember that photochop of a hyper gunmental ep?. Thats a hot color. But I still love my black beauty. Sometimes i wish i had white then i realize its harder to see me at night with my black car.

raiyo
11-18-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by ep3hatchattack
haha. Me too..... i got black and then i wanted white a week later, and now i am soooo glad i got black. I know its more maintenance, but if you really love it then you are willing to clean it.
Once You Go Black You Never Go Back

huh? hell no, once you go black u never go back? For me, I'll NEVER look back, heheh. I had a black del sol back then, new paint job and it looks horriable when you have some imprefection.

I have silver now, it was my first choice, but I'm not 100% satified. After hearing my girl friend telling me silver is a VERY common color for any car. I be like, hmm.... true, very true. Then a few days later, WHAT? A 70 year old lady is driving a EP and it's silver? NO!!!!! Now I rather have white instead. That's my second choice of color. Then I saw a blue EP on the road. I be like damn.... that color is sweet. Dumb ass bought the car and did a custom paint on it already. I guess I was the du-mass. Later I realize that is a stock color. I was mislead by the web site on the blue color. I so wish I got blue instead. It just bugs me when I see a blue EP now. Only way to make me happy now is to a custom color and shave my attenena.

FiL
11-18-2003, 10:27 PM
for me it was either white or black. the dealer had a white one so i got a white one. black's the best color when clean, worst when dirty. white is good.

chubbychu
11-18-2003, 10:34 PM
i clean white car with tasty mods looks the sleekest. black is too...too...dark

TrippZ
11-18-2003, 11:06 PM
i wanted black originally

but i like the exclusivity of EYP :D

ep3guy
11-18-2003, 11:39 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/p7a8f7c72830fb3acfc07441311270c52/fb5f1056.jpg

I love my silver car, although at times I wish I got white instead. Then the other times, I wish I got black so I can get the CTR kit.

Spidey
11-19-2003, 12:04 AM
I have silver.
wish I would have gotten white or red.
I have yet to see someone driving a red one around here (in Canada)

pedzola
11-19-2003, 12:33 AM
I wanted white really bad. Nobody had any white ones. My buddy convinced me that since the black is the only US color that matches the Type-R color, that it is obviously the best. It looks great when clean... but even after cleaning sometimes... damn you water spots!

I still kinda wish I had been able to find a white one.

ULTRAMANIA
11-19-2003, 02:27 AM
my car is white.. but i pretty much get any other color besides sliver... sorry for the peeps that have sliver.. but i'm not feeling that color no more.. no offense... =|

motomoron
11-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Clean, refreshing. Ahhhhhh...

66elwood99
11-19-2003, 12:37 PM
Bought the "Silver", wanted the "Red" (Not Available) ,will never own another "Black" vehicle, clean the card drive two miles from home and it's dirty. I like the white also, but if I had to do it all over again I would probably end up with the silver again. Just wish that the color would match with the JDM body parts.

fsugatorbait
11-19-2003, 01:58 PM
originally bought black, had a turn of events and got white the second time around. Everyone who saw both cars loves the white sooo much more, white is definately the best color for this car...

sniperSI
11-19-2003, 02:08 PM
When i bought my LX i wanted silver so bad, but they didnt have it, so I got white.

When i bought my SI I wanted white so bad so I could hook up the Type R image , but they didnt have it so I went silver.

Then i went thru the black phase, and overall. I'm happy with the silver it is the best color i feel. But black is always nice.

What about red :'(

potator
11-19-2003, 02:24 PM
Got white, and never regretted it. Keepin this shizzz JDM :D :smilem:
White definately looks the best.

HARRY POTTER
11-19-2003, 02:34 PM

i have a white one.. but after looking at how clean black can be... i might have to say if not my white one, then definitely a black EP.

513n179
11-19-2003, 02:37 PM
the dealership had every color except the one i wanted... i test drove a black one and it looked super cool... the silver one was cool too... the blue one was just too blue for me... i always wanted a white car, so i didn't settle for anything less. the salesman was trying to convince me that silver and white are the same... i have a white SI and i wouldn't trade it for any other color.

Team
11-19-2003, 05:15 PM
Damn I dont think you can go wrong with black.... but now that I think of it I kinda wish I got white.

getupk1d
11-19-2003, 06:01 PM
When I went to the dealer all they had was 2 silver, 2 black, and a blue. I told them I wouldn't buy one unless it was white:D . My 01 and 02 civic Ex's were black and I can honestly say I will NEVER buy a black car again:eek: Needless to say I love my white EP and an added bonus is that you don't see many white EPs around which makes it rarer in my eyes:p

BarracksSi
11-19-2003, 07:48 PM
US Colors ranked by choice:

- Black: pain to keep clean, true, but holy cow, when it IS clean...
- Blue: looks good, and heck, blue's my favorite color;
- White: just looks darned nice;
- Euro Yellow, or whatever it's called: I'm obviously in the minority, but I think it looks good, and it's definitely unique;
- Silver: still looks good, but just not for me.

Blue, white, yellow, and silver all look good to me. The black, though -- I just keep turning back to look at it again whenever I park.

I-4Si
11-19-2003, 07:54 PM
I wanted a silver one, but the dealer didn't have one. I was set to buy a black one (2nd choice) the next day. Go to the dealer and the salesman says a silver one was just offloaded from the truck that morning. So I got my first choice, but black when clean looks soooooooo good :tongue:. My EP needs a wash badly, but you can't tell at a quick glance.;)

HondaMan
11-19-2003, 08:11 PM

Ditto! However, my first choice was white but none were available at the time. Black is great when clean! I also would like red, but only a few lucky CTR and SIR peeps got those. Doh!

bobdobbs
11-19-2003, 08:16 PM
I asked my co-worker why he got a black RX-8 and he told me, "The thing about a black car is, even when it's dirty, it's still black."

chibianh
11-19-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
I asked my co-worker why he got a black RX-8 and he told me, "The thing about a black car is, even when it's dirty, it's still black."

really? my other black civic, when it's dirty, it's brown!

1abSi
11-19-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by sniperSI
When i bought my LX i wanted silver so bad, but they didnt have it, so I got white.

When i bought my SI I wanted white, but they didnt have it so I went silver.

What about red :'( dood that is funny shit......SAME thing with me except change the LX to DX in 2000...funny shit

pedzola
11-19-2003, 08:32 PM
clean black ep... notice the clouds reflecting off the hood... if only I could keep it this way...

http://webpages.charter.net/pedzola/car/front.jpg

Brettnyt
11-19-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by pedzola
clean black ep... notice the clouds reflecting off the hood... if only I could keep it this way...

http://webpages.charter.net/pedzola/car/front.jpg

Not a bad pic... but peep this... LOL...

Me trying to look seksee in the reflection... :D ;)

ragebomb
11-19-2003, 08:44 PM
When I was buying my black si, a dealer in the next city had one in white for $1600 less. But at the time I was set against getting a white one. Now that I have the black, I love it about 75% of the time. The white one is looking better and better too. :) Man I should have bought the white one and spent $1600 on parts!!

bobdobbs
11-19-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by chibianh
really? my other black civic, when it's dirty, it's brown!
Yeah, I thought he was a little delusional. Some people really love black, though.

chubbychu
11-19-2003, 10:39 PM
isnt the general rule of color and sizes of car; little speedy cars look better in bright colors yellow, white, silver and big cars look better in black and dark color?

yellerep3
11-19-2003, 11:55 PM
i wanted euro tellow and i got it, im quite happy i got it cause its kinda different and you dont see many of um, but i cant lie, im diggen the white ones, guess its a honda type r thing

Kis4KEN
11-20-2003, 12:31 AM
i want milano red... but i don't have the 3k to spend on a complete job... jambs, engine bay... and so on...

bobdobbs
11-20-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Kis4KEN
i want milano red... but i don't have the 3k to spend on a complete job... jambs, engine bay... and so on...
Go to Canada and buy a car. Even get yourself a body kit.

Kis4KEN
11-20-2003, 01:07 AM
canada has red?...aye? its alright though... i only bought my car for 16.3k... aye. before all that documents and blah blahblah. if i'd gone to canada... aye. then i'd probably be spending like full sticker price... aye

bobdobbs
11-20-2003, 11:04 AM
Some Canadian, please fill us in on the details. I'm surprised folks in Seattle and Detroit aren't buying more Milano reds North of the border and bringing them home. With NAFTA, there should be no duties, right?

Rey
11-20-2003, 10:56 PM
I love the blue color, and in Arizona, the sunlight makes the blue glisten!! I love seeing that. But when I saw Hondamans car, I just about jumped out of my seat asking myself "why, why didn't I get black?" So, to make up for that I am planning on painting my EG hatch black :P

http://pryor.ws/honda/pics2/081303%20082.jpg