PDA

View Full Version : Finally Drove the EP

Btrthnezr3
11-18-2003, 09:41 PM
Hey guys...I had a post earlier about the ep...and my choice in getting one or the EM2...
Let me just say, I love the EP...and my dealer has 4 white ones...they look soo good with the dealer installed tint...
I love the way it drives!!
So...I'm gonna get the financing taken care of and hopefully I'll have my EP before next week!! Yeah!!! Go me!!
Another EP driver coming...hopefully
::crosses fingers::
I hope to be around here for a while!
I'm gonna make an offer tomorrow!

DavidT
11-18-2003, 09:43 PM
Good luck on ur offer ;)

Brettnyt
11-18-2003, 09:50 PM
nice! You wont regret your decision... EP is the shit! :D

bobdobbs
11-18-2003, 09:52 PM
Get the EP! They're great cars that others just don't understand. Be one of the few, the proud, the EP3 owner! :D

Peking
11-18-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
nice! You wont regret your decision... EP is the shit! :D

Yeah what he said! The car is really great, and now is a good time. Since more and more products are or have been released for our ride :D

phokingphosho
11-18-2003, 10:04 PM
Where you from in Texas?

Vertigo
11-18-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Get the EP! They're great cars that others just don't understand. Be one of the few, the proud, the EP3 owner! :D
Be orignial. Get the EP! Mr.Dobbs.. I thought you made up your own quotes. But i like the marine one you borowed.:D

Btrthnezr3
11-19-2003, 06:33 AM
Hey guys...ok...I'm gonna try and see what I can get the price down to today...have so much to do...you know, call the bank, call the dealership...get the price...get financed...yada yada...
anyways...I'm still not sure what I should offer for OTD...like I said...they have 4 whites, one black and one silver...
they all have dealer installed tint (that looks bangin btw) as the only option
should I go for 17.5k OTD? 17.7? less? more
damn...i don't want to make an offer that is too high
and i can't find the invoice on edmunds
anybody?
also...does anyone know about honda's financing right now on 60 months?
thanks guys!?

VividFL EP
11-19-2003, 09:12 AM
You could call your dealer or check on the Honda website to see if they are running any special intrest offers through honda. I did my financing through honda, and I think it is great, but I got a good rate. Go ahead and offer lower, the worst they can say is no. The best that you can get is a lower price.

Zero Three Si
11-19-2003, 09:38 AM
You will not be disappointed. If you want to pay more and get a less reliable car go buy SVT Focus or a Neon.

RedLight_Si
11-19-2003, 11:13 AM
How many cars have you test driven? You said you "love the way it drives". Is this in comparison to anything? You shouldnt limit yourself to test driving just one car,if so. Make sure you really like it. I made that mistake and bought my car on an impulse,plus the salesman was very sly.How about the a Toyota Celica? Anyways, good luck with whatever you do.

Btrthnezr3
11-19-2003, 11:25 AM
Hey...
I testdrove the RSX-S and the WRX (and the RX-8 on a whim)...which I know now that I cannot afford...my best friend has a Corolla S...I don't really like the looks of the celica...not really me...I dunno...I think you'd have to know me, but for most of my friends I think they would say that a celica wouldn't fit me...also...I'm thinking I can't beat the deal that I could get on a new EP...I really like the hatch style...the interior...the rarity...and of course the heritage of honda and the si name...I have a honda now...I love the high revs...the ride...everything...so that's why I think I will be happy with the EP...wish me luck...my financing application is in the process...but I only applied for 14k...cuz I'm gonna put down at least 5 and I know the car won't be 19 OTD...so I just applied for a bit more than I knew I would need...
I'll let you know about the deal I get...but from a financial standpoint...here's how I have it laid out...

5000 down
1000 trade (maybe..hehe...from my mom's old corolla)
Hoping to get a deal of at least 17.5 OTD...
But I'm gonna let them make the first offer...then, if it's too high...ask for 17 and go up to 17.5 if need be
I really like this dealership and their service department
they offer good treatment after purchase (ie...cheaper accesories, free car washes, free loaner cars, first 3 oil changes..yada yada)
and they have 4 White ones!!!! hehe
I'm gonna pick the one with the least miles!
I'll let you guys know...hopefully the financing will go through by tomorrow...and then I'll go and work a deal...sign on the dotted...have them clean it up and pick it up this weekend!!
Whoo hooo!!!
Don't know if you guys know...I'm a girl...
haha...the salesmen were freaking that I wanted the Si
haha

bobdobbs
11-19-2003, 11:38 AM
With that plan, you're going to get taken. Listen to me:

1) Calm down. You need to pretend you don't want the car. Salesmen smell that you want the car and jack the price up accordingly.

2) Negotiate the price of the car BEFORE tax and license, *NOT* out-the-door. Tax and license are fixed costs. There's no reason to let them confuse the price of the car.

3) Go to http://www.carsdirect.com. Select Honda Civic Si, enter your zip code. You will get a price quote of $16,821. That's your price, before tax and license. Print off the page and take it to the dealer and tell them that's what you're going to pay for the car. Don't "go up if need be".

4) Honda is offering 2.9% interest for 60 months on all Civics. I'd be surprised if you got that deal from a bank. With $6000 total down, you should have no problem qualifying for it, unless you're a credit basket case.

5) Do NOT buy the extended warranty, the fabric protection, the paint protection, or ANY other add-on, not even floor mats. You can get the floor mats for much less off the Internet.

Btrthnezr3
11-19-2003, 11:54 AM
Hey...when I typed in my zip code on carsdirect.com I got 17,021.00
Hmm...weird huh?
Thanks for all the advice guys...you've really helped me understand what I need to focus on and stuff...thanks alot...
I'm just not sure how to approach the "figure working" and price negotiations...most peeps say talk only OTD prices, and now some talk baseline...and worry about that later...torn...oh well...I probably am just gonna to tomorrow evening and work on it...and hopefully have it...thanks for all the help...anyone else?

bobdobbs
11-19-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Btrthnezr3
Hey...when I typed in my zip code on carsdirect.com I got 17,021.00
Hmm...weird huh?

Then use this zip code: 94610.

VividFL EP
11-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Or what you could do is negotiate a price, get it to where you are happy, and when they say are you happy with this price say yes and tell them you want the floor mats thrown in with that price. Alot of people on here did that.

SdRaWKcaBsSA
11-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Here's my .02! DO NOT let the dealer talk you into paying more than you YOU want to. If you have a set price..STICK TO IT! Dealers are out to make a buck. Be it honest or otherwise. Don't fall for the, "this is the best price I can do crap." Don't budge from the price you wanna pay. Don't go to dealer if you are tired. Be prepared to be there awhile. Some dealers will try to keep you in the dealership FOREVER. Give you crap such as, "I gotta go see if my Manager will approve the offer YOU gave." They will keep going back and forth..haggling. Keep you waiting forever. This is done so that you will get so "restless" that you will be willing to sign over your girlfriend/boyfriend(whatever you are into), just to get the deal done. DON'T! Be patient! Extended warranties? Don't bother. GAP insurance? NOPE! Get it cheaper online..from the source. CUT OUT THE MIDDLEMAN. You will probably be offered window etching. Skip it! Can get it done or do it yourself for alot cheaper. DO NOT let finance manager talk you into a "Protection Plan" he/she will say something like "the bank would be more likely to finance YOU with the purchase of plan" or "you CANNOT get financed without it." Something on those lines. NOT TRUE! DO NOT FORGET TO SEE HOW MUCH CAR INSURANCE WILL RUN YOU BEFORE YOU BUY! INSURANCE ON THIS CAR SEEMS TO BE EXPENSIVE. REMEMBER, YOU WILL NEED FULL COVERAGE if making monthly payments. GOOD LUCK!

dj addicted
11-19-2003, 02:00 PM
first off... basic stuff. do not go back to the dealership excited... they will eat you alive... second. If you offer 17.5.. expect to pay 18. If you offer 16.5.. you should pay between 17 and 17,5. Just be VERY firm about not going over your limit of 17,5. Dont be afraid to get up and walk out. Trust me... they will call you back in to talk more... or let you go and make a phone call to you that night.. Its a game..

seks727
11-19-2003, 05:30 PM
So what ever happened? Still need advice?

f4hondaphile
11-19-2003, 06:35 PM
If you're still out there and haven't paid too much yet....liten to BobDobbs he is right.
Because this car is not popular dealer, at least in my area, have had a hard time moving them. thus the low interest rate, also and more importntly until Dec 1st Honda is payin their dealers $1000 for every Civic Si they sell. Its commonly called a dealer cash incentive and is listed and described on Edmunds.com which says it can be combined with the 2.9 financing for 60 month incentive also.

Tell these guys at the dealer you know about this and that this should knock a thousand dollars off the price of the car right off the bat because it effectively makes the invoice (dealer cost) a thousand less. You should get the car for around or just barely above their invoice because they still get a 3% holdback allowance from Honda, also explained on Edmunds.com. With the dealer cash you should get the car aroun 16.5K or even less, there may even be some hidden incentives that we don't know about because the car has been a poor seller since it came out.

Be strong and don't give in the excitement of owning a new car, your best tool is to walk out of the negotiations nd go to another dealer if they aren't going your way. 9 times out of 10 they'll cave if you walk out as long as you are being somewhat reasonable on the price.

Good luck, let us know how it went.

eurosteez
11-19-2003, 07:13 PM

5) Do NOT buy the extended warranty, the fabric protection, the paint protection, or ANY other add-on, not even floor mats. You can get the floor mats for much less off the Internet.

Why not get the warranty?

bobdobbs
11-19-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by eurosteez
Why not get the warranty?
Ummm... because it's a HONDA! Don't you think it's strange that they first tell you how reliable Honda's are and then try to sell you the extended warranty? It's pure profit. If it was a Dodge, maybe it would be a good deal. On a Honda? Forget it.

Zero Three Si
11-19-2003, 07:18 PM
Ummm... because it's a HONDA! Don't you think it's strange that they first tell you how reliable Honda's are and then try to sell you the extended warranty? It's pure profit. If it was a Dodge, maybe it would be a good deal. On a Honda? Forget it.

I'm big enough of a man to admit that I made that mistake. Oh well...it's a learning lesson and I won't make that mistaken this spring when my woman gets her CRV.

Would I be able to cancel that warrenty still through Honda Finance even though I bought the car back in April. Technically, that warrenty hasn't even kicked in yet.

eurosteez
11-19-2003, 07:25 PM
Well I made a mistake and got it too. I just figured i'm gonna drive my car like hell for the first year or so and if anything goes wrong get it fixed for free.
On the bright side, they retorqued my rear suspension for free, no more annoying noises but I need the front done now too cuz its starting to act up.

bobdobbs
11-19-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Would I be able to cancel that warrenty still through Honda Finance even though I bought the car back in April. Technically, that warrenty hasn't even kicked in yet.
That's a good question. You haven't received anything for your money yet. I would look into it. Unfortunately, since it's part of the original purchase contract, you're probably out of luck.

Zero Three Si
11-19-2003, 07:39 PM
That's a good question. You haven't received anything for your money yet. I would look into it. Unfortunately, since it's part of the original purchase contract, you're probably out of luck.

Give them a call in the morning. I think it'll end up droping my monthly payments by like 10-15 bucks a month.

bobdobbs
11-19-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Give them a call in the morning. I think it'll end up droping my monthly payments by like 10-15 bucks a month.
They're going to tell you No, of course. Do you know a lawyer?

KimchiBoy_TypeR
11-20-2003, 08:42 PM
Then use this zip code: 94610.

LOL!!!! He lives in Texas man!!! Oh well:(

KimchiBoy_TypeR
11-20-2003, 08:45 PM
Hey man were in Tx do you live in man?

bobdobbs
11-20-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by KimchiBoy_TypeR
LOL!!!! He lives in Texas man!!! Oh well:(
SHE lives in Texas. I'm just giving her a zip code so she can print out a price quote. The idiots at the Honda dealership won't know the difference.

Tenacious G
11-20-2003, 09:22 PM
a buddy of mine shelled out an extra grand or two for the extended warranty on an MK IV jetta ... big mistake. either the dealership *claims* they won't honor it because it's a dealer-specific warranty or they try to chalk it up to normal wear and tear. he regrets buying it.

bobdobbs, you should write a book on car purchasing procedures. good tips.

KimchiBoy_TypeR
11-20-2003, 09:57 PM
I'm just giving her a zip code so she can print out a price quote. The idiots at the Honda dealership won't know the difference.

Heh true. I tricked my dealer into giving me a good price so it prob work for her to good luck.

dj addicted
11-20-2003, 10:07 PM
for everyone who did get the extended warranty.. you can still cancel it. If you car is still current on the factory warranty, you can tell them you dont want it and get your money back. Keep in mind, honda is going to tell you otherwise.. you might have to talk directly to american honda finance corporation. You can do this for the extended warranty as well as gap insurance I believe..

red03civic
11-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Just a little insight on the extended warranty. You can terminate the warranty at any time before the manufacture warranty expires, you can also repurchase it at any time before the manuracture warranty expires. But, the only downside to getting the warranty when you buy the car and then canceling it is that its pro-rated!!! Thats a bunch of shit if you ask me. Also, if you decided to get the warranty, dont spend over $1000.00. The actual warranty only costs the dealer about $750.00! They make profit on you weather your comin or goin!

Now, for the girl who is purchasing the car, tell the dealer that the price you want the car for is $16,800. No more, no less. The dealers as most know already are getting the incentive cash so they are kinda breaking even. Dont let them talk payments either, if they bring that shit up, tell them you will deal with that later, its not of great concern too you. You can afford the car, drill that fact in their heads!

Another thing, you will also be charged a "doc" fee. Basically, it represents the piece of paper that your "deal" is writen on. Tell them the only way you will go through with the purchase of the car is if they either throw out the fee of reduce it to half. There are alot of ways the dealer will get you, dont be fooled by slick salesman and their way of making you think your getting the best deal in the world. Thats what happened to me when I bought my coupe. And I work for the dealer that I bought it from too!!!!

Im not a salesman, im just a loanly prep-tech that knows what to watch out for. I wish I knew the things back when I bought my civic that I know now. I hope that made sense :)

Hope that helps. Oh, and I appologize for repeating what alot said, I just wanted to re-enforce the statement.