PDA

View Full Version : Velox Nova wheels

SiNi$t3R
09-13-2002, 11:18 PM
I just got my rims today and I dont know what to think of them yet. I was originally going for Tenzo Mean-6's but I was told none would be available till the end of the month. So I tried to get some info on some wheels made by Velox (NOVA)which are supposed to be exact coppies of the Tenzo Mean-6's. I got them today at the shop and realized that the spokes were not gunmetal like i wanted but polished. Upon ordering this, the shop and i talked to someone at Velox to verify the wheel color. I asked if it was gunmetal on the spokes and they told me all the way to the rivets. So when I got them the inner lip and the side of the spokes were the only parts that were colored gunmetal. I could have said no and took it back but i kinda wanted them too. I guess I will look for someone that can powdercoat. Here is the Pic of my hatch with the Velox Nova. and a pic of the tenzo mean 6's. I m plannin on getting some Ground Controls soon just like what I had on my 00 ex. Please gimme your opinions on this. Personally I think It would look nice once I drop about an inch or so.

SiNi$t3R
09-13-2002, 11:33 PM
Here are the rims side by side. The Velox Nova and Tenzo Mean-6.
Note these are both the "gunmetal" colors.

HondaMan
09-14-2002, 01:10 AM
Yeah, gunmetal looks great on a black EP (check out my Velox VX-8GM wheels)! ;)

SBC31
09-14-2002, 07:17 AM
I myself love gunmetal, but it's hard to tell the look of the wheels you got with that one picture you posted. Have any more pics?

DynaSpeed
09-14-2002, 09:00 AM
It would look nice once I drop about an inch or so.
I m plannin on getting some Ground Controls I don't know if how much of a technicality you meant by an inch, but even at the highest setting on the GC's it's lower than an inch (more like between 1.5" - 1.75"). But, you probably know what you're getting into considering you've had GC's on a civic before.

GhettoSamurai
09-17-2002, 01:02 AM
Just cut the springs sinister.... free mod. :)

SiNi$t3R
09-17-2002, 11:58 PM
Damn you are so fu**** ghetto! Can you please stop coming over my place and eating up all the cereal? I mean seriously, I have to bitch at you on this board just to make you stop.

GhettoSamurai
09-18-2002, 11:00 PM
You are the one with the APC stickers on your hood, with no APC products besides the stickers.