PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Coilovers: Toda, Tanabe, Ground Control...

03CivicSi
11-19-2003, 07:38 AM
What do you think are the best all around coilovers for the Ep3 for high horsepower daily driving??? I was looking at Toda, Tein, Tanabe, or Ground Control. What do you think? If you know any other good ones please post.

Thanks

03CivicSi
11-19-2003, 07:47 AM
Tein looks pretty good, and I see Toda also makes them...

HARRY POTTER
11-19-2003, 05:10 PM
ground controls ride soft. im just waiting on extra funds to pick up some koni yellows to get dampening control. save yourself a hassle and X out ground controls from your list. the other choices seem to be a better choice in comparison to ground controls, imo.

Civicvtec1ps
11-19-2003, 05:41 PM
Groundcontrols are sleeved coilovers. why is that even in the list...JIC would be good choice. Nice fullcoilovers for price.
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24501
How much are "you" willing to spend?

f4hondaphile
11-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Mugen Suspension based on the design, articles i've read and the reviews of a few guys on here. Can't say I have personal knowledge cause I don't have $1K for the setup. But it lowers the steering arm integral with the car to alleviate the bump steer problem our car has inherently and that is magnified when lowered. I must say I don't really know very much about coilovers for our car but this is what I have read.

Also, a lot og people like Tein and heard a fair amount about the KW's being VERY good, jusdging by the price they better be good. But just like everything else you get what you pay for.

03CivicSi
11-20-2003, 07:34 AM
yeah, i was thinking about Tein too, from what I hear they are good I just wanted some more opinions, and I put Ground Control on there because I hear a lot about them, I don't know I thought they were, but thanks

Whiteboy
11-20-2003, 08:26 AM
If you were thinking Tein why didn't you put them in the poll?

I think I'm going to go with the Basics myself.

bobdobbs
11-20-2003, 11:24 AM
I'm completely happy with my Tein SS. This is what the car looks like with almost full-drop:

greenguy
11-20-2003, 02:03 PM
go KW v2!
BTW: if you do buy another set up that does not include the upper pillow ball mount, then I would recomend getting the KW bearing plate. your oem one will go out;).

toda_power
12-28-2003, 02:36 AM
tein coilovers here

03CivicSi
01-15-2004, 05:52 PM
ok I really cannot determine which is the best go, as for Tein I didnt list because I forgot them at the time, heh. and if anyone could give me helpful tips or pointers or whatever on deciding the best coilovers please do so.

I am only 14, a beginner, you know, heh. My dad has an Ep and I think its a great car! we street race a lot and the car is one day yet to be mine:D So I kinda wanna choose the best ones... as does everyone else I guess.

Thanks for any assistance you may supply me with!

03CivicSi
01-15-2004, 05:56 PM
oh and one more thing, if you were to buy a set of springs for your suspension, how would a different brand of of springs work with another brand of coilovers? What would be a downside of having just aftermarket springs?

dofu
01-15-2004, 06:05 PM
teins are so nice... the ride is great for daily driving... jus imagine stock suspension w/ performance. everything else is just bumpy to me.

btw... ground controls arent full coilovers... full coilovers are only one single piece. ground controls are three piece coilovers, meaning that the entire suspension consists of three pieces (shocks/struts, springs, and a sleeve to adjust ride height with) and coilover meaning an adjustable suspension. but they're good for the convenience of being able to change out your shocks whenever you want.

FCobra94
01-23-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
I'm completely happy with my Tein SS. This is what the car looks like with almost full-drop:

Really? I was hoping that the SS kit would go a bit lower.

About how much lower would you say your current setup is from stock?

Si_nsational
01-29-2004, 04:42 PM
What about the Skunk2 coilovers? Any negative comments about them since i am ordering them in 2 days?

sd_ep3
01-30-2004, 08:00 PM
i have tein superstreet and they are awesome!!!! adjustable coils and damper. my ride is smooth. :D

seattlecivic
02-08-2004, 01:13 PM
TEIN! Go with TEIN! :-) I have em'... love em' So does bob dobs. he has the SS :-) Basics are great too ;-) TEIN!!!! :p

03CivicSi
02-24-2004, 08:07 AM
Any negative remarks on Tein Type Flex?!? if so please post

Thanks

DynaSpeed
03-04-2004, 06:54 AM
The Flex were designed to compete with the JIC FLT-A2 (or vice versa, doesn't matter to me), so they would be quite an upgrade from the Basic or SS line from Tein. They'd be in the neighborhood of about a $600 increase over the SS. I would say that if you have the dough, then get them... if not, then don't.