PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a nitrous KIT?

master7
11-19-2003, 01:45 PM
Peace........... basically I have a stock motor with the exception of a aem cai, and magnaflow cat back, and some some es engine mounts and shes dropped on teins techs..i also plan to get a new header maybe DC's . I am trying to squeeze as much out of this engine on a poor man's budget. I dream to one day get a bolt on turbo/swap etc.. But for now I was wondering could i get a nitrous kit on our stock engine ,what is included with that- is that fine to have if yr ride is yr daily driver. Whatz the price ranges of the kits which one is the best in quality and performance, What would be the gains anyway? are they easy to maintain- no problem with inspection and I was wondering do the kits have that cool blow off thing . I one day ran with a dude in when we was sitting at the light i heard a swish sound and seen a stream of air come from under the hood? Ity was not a turboed though( yEAH HE BEAT MY ASS LIKE A STEP CHILD)

Please help - alot of stuff is still new to me with power gains etc. Take it easy on me with the feed back please. BUt all knowledge and insight is welcomed ..thanks PEACE

sniperSI
11-19-2003, 02:13 PM
Yeah you can go nitrous. 75 shot is the norm, 100 shot is the iffy zone, but alot of the base model rsx's are running 100 shots.

The costs is about 600 for the kit, single nozzle wet kit (both gas and nitrous injected into the intake).

You can get the purge kit for like 60 bucks off of ebay when you can find them or pay 120 or so from a dealer.

I'm going the 75 shot way myself and slowly taking my chances up to 125 hopefully a vafc or emange can handle that, however, i don't think ill be doing that until the 75 shot is too slow for me.

master7
11-19-2003, 02:41 PM
And what is the purge kit?

And who makes the 600 dollar kit-- is it good?

Thanks

Vertigo
11-19-2003, 10:48 PM
First off sence our cars don't have a fuel return line, you have to use a "Wet" kit. The best kit on the market(IMO) is N/X. I beleive i saw a group buy a few weeks ago from Tornactive, but check the vendors and group buys threads. Normal pricing is around $580 for just the kit. it includes a 10 lb bottle, nitrous and fuel solenoids, "shark" nozzle, wot swich and braided nitrous and fuel lines. It's also a good idea to get a bottle heater(if you live where you get cold weather). You need to have a pressure guage and a fuel pressure safty switch. Like Sniper Si said, get a purge valve also. The purge valve is used to get all of the air out of the lines. So when you use the hit wot or press the button, you'll be reciving all nitrous and no air. Nitrous is very cold and under alot of pressure in the bottle. Whenever you purge you should see a white cloud spray up around 6 feet in the air, that's when you know it's all nitrous in the lines. Nitrous is very cost-effective and is the "best bang of the buck". If you pay $600 for the kit and your running a 75 shot, your paying $8 per hp. The average price to refill the bottle is around $3.50-$4 per pound. If you get a kit and don't know what your doing, please take it to some that does. And just remember, nitrous doesn't blow up engines, stupid people with nitrous is what blows up engines. Use common sence don't go bigger than a 100 shot on a stock motor. If you have any more questions or comments, don't hesatate to ask. That's what were here for. :D

bc2k20a3
11-20-2003, 04:40 AM
you wouldn't be talking about me would you? i run a 75 on a stock motor.anyway are you coming up friday?let me know man.

master7
11-20-2003, 06:52 AM
PM'ed bc2k20a3 .

master7
11-20-2003, 07:09 AM
Peace B , whatz up ??? Hope all is good for ya!!! I tried to PM you, but yr box is filled. Yeah i'll be there tommorrow. I'll call you tonight for confirmation of directions. Holla Back at the KId ..Peace

master7
11-20-2003, 08:35 AM
Thanks Vertigo , for the info. So let me get this right if i go with a N/X kIT it comes with everthing i need except the purge kit and bottle warmer. and what about a fuel lines i dont have to do anything to?

master7
11-20-2003, 09:49 AM
I went to this website http://www.honda.racenet.net/nitrous.php
And found a complete N/X honda kit with everything that is needed. I think ?= I want to make one purchase and it has everything i need. I just want the complete system at my door take it to a shop i have it properly installed and be able to ride out.. No extra purchases for this gadget and that gadget.
This is what is included:

Honda Nitrous Package
Complete Nitrous Package using Top Quality Nitrous Express and MSD components. This package is fully adjustable from 35-75HP and includes safety devices such as a fuel pressure safety switch to shut off nitrous flow should fuel pressure drop to dangerous levels. Also included is an MSD RPM Window switch that activates the system at a predetermined RPM to avoid activation at too low an RPM and a high RPM shut off that can be set to deactivate nitrous flow before hitting the rev-limiter.
Our Honda Nitrous Package Includes:
NX Stage 1 Nitrous Nitrous Oxide System for Honda
NX Fully Automatic Bottle Heater
NX Fuel Pressure Safety Switch
NX NHRA Legal Pressure Relief Valve & Blow Down Tube
NX Nitrous Pressure Gauge
NX Nitrous Purge Kit
MSD RPM Window Switch
MSD 3000 & 5000 RPM Pill Kits

They had it priced at about $930.00... what do you guys think?
I want to to start saving now - so i could get it the latest the beginning of the yr or so. But is the the complete thing " hook , line and sinker " needed?

Feed back please?

Vertigo
11-21-2003, 02:21 AM
N/X gen-x2 kit comes with the bottle heater, pressure guage and purge valve. This is a extra kit. The nitrous kit runs aroud $580 and the gen-x2 is another $200 or so. The best way to run the fuel setup is to get a AEM fuel rail. It comes with a AN fitting tap on the end of the rail. Just get a male/male fitting, hook on the fuel feed line to the solenoid and your ready to go. But sence the AEM fuel rail is $240, you can cut into the stock fuel line. You just cut it and place in a T-fitting. Band clamp it in there and hook the fuel feed line to the bottom of the T.

The kit you described is awsome and very complete. Also, that is a very good price, for the amount of stuff that you get. Just beweary, installing all that electrical stuff(MSD window swich, fuel pressure safty swich) can be very tricky. But i give big ups to N/X on there instructions. If it's not in the book, then you don't need it!

in3rdgear
11-27-2003, 08:18 AM
First off sence our cars don't have a fuel return line, you have to use a "Wet" kit.

Where does the fuel return after you shut off the engine? If the engine dosen't use the extra fuel where does it also go?

fowl built
12-23-2003, 06:20 PM
if you still need the dc header i have it for 290 and that is the ceramic one and the ss one is 355 i have more parts if you need some thing email me

mixedupneko
12-23-2003, 11:18 PM
I have a full nitrous kit wet with genx 2 kit purge,bottle warmer,bottle blanket, nitrous pressure gauge,fuel pressure gauge plus more 600 obo. pm me for more info of search under clasifields Nitrous Express and youll see my post