PDA

View Full Version : 02 Civic Si perforance questions.....

Si_nsational
11-19-2003, 07:35 PM
I drive a brand new 02 Si,completely stock and i have a couple of questions,

first, when in the hell does the V2 come out and if it already is where can you get it for less than th AEM sticker price of $346.

second, im leaning towards the Greddy Evo, because of good things i have heard and the not so outrageous price, but does anyone have the DC Sports Twin Canister exhaust, and what do you think of it?

third, im leaning towards sending my ECU off to Handata to get reflashed, does this add any power what so ever, or doe it just extend the limiter, i have heard that you car really doesnt make power after the 6.5 to 7.0 rpm range, would my car make anymore power going up to 7.7?

last, im looking for a good set of coilovers with a great drop and a pretty good drive, im getting tired of looking at my 3 and 1/2 inch gap.

any feedback wouldbe great,
thanks

Rey
11-19-2003, 07:41 PM
V2 you can get on ebay.

Greddy is ok, DC is over priced. Get a Magnaflow. Best bang for buck.
http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=15757

The pic in the link is incorrect. It looks just like stock but with bigger tips.

It adds like 7-10 hp through the whole range. Not much, but hey, at least you can do a 1/4 mile in 3rd now heh. Not worth it by most peoples standards. But from people I have heard says it rocks.

I hate coil-overs period. Sorry I can't help you their. Tein-S Techs and Eibach sportlines are my favs.

Peking
11-19-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Si_nsational
first, when in the hell does the V2 come out and if it already is where can you get it for less than th AEM sticker price of $346.
second, im leaning towards the Greddy Evo, because of good things i have heard and the not so outrageous price, but does anyone have the DC Sports Twin Canister exhaust, and what do you think of it?
third, im leaning towards sending my ECU off to Handata to get reflashed, does this add any power what so ever, or doe it just extend the limiter, i have heard that you car really doesnt make power after the 6.5 to 7.0 rpm range, would my car make anymore power going up to 7.7?
last, im looking for a good set of coilovers with a great drop and a pretty good drive, im getting tired of looking at my 3 and 1/2 inch gap.

First congrats on your ride and welcome to the site. Second the V2 is not worth the money to me, considering that the Injen cold air intake performs better if not the same for much less. Greddy Evo is the king of exhausts for the ricers, other than that it's fine. Pay like anywhere from 40 to 80 more for a better brand of exhaust (call showstoppers, have great prices). The DC exhaust is nice, a guy named Blaze has it (doesn't come on here anymore, but saw and heard it in person). The ECU is a good mod, as far as perfomance goes check out Hondata.com or do a search here (that will give you more, and better answers). If you can afford coilovers go with Ground Controls, Tein, Mugen. If not go with a good set of springs like H&R, Neuspeed, Eibach, etc. You can do a search on those to (you can get more info and see pics).

Hope this helps some :D

Tenacious G
11-19-2003, 09:11 PM
as far as the V2 goes, i'm still skeptical. i'm thinking the "harmonic" tuning AEM claims the V2 has is kind of like snake oil, but i also have yet to read a really comprehensive review of it on an EP. from what i've read on Club RSX, it doesn't seem to justify the price.

hondata is a worthwile mod if you're into the plug and play, set it and forget it ECU mod. the extra revs really help, and while it didn't really show much in the way of gains when paired with I/H/E, the important thing was it continues to make power all the way to the 7700 rpm limit. i'd rather wait for a customizable ECU if i'm going to pay $600 or wish hondata would lower the price for the existing setup.

can't really speak to the Greddy exhaust. and there are so many options as far as coilovers or suspension mods go (Tein, Mugen, Neuspeed, etc.) that you'll be able to find something you like. there's a bunch of good info. in the suspension forum. check it out.

chibianh
11-19-2003, 09:33 PM
welcome to the site and congrats on getting the ep3!

I have a V2 installed in my ep and I like it. The other posters probably never had a first hand experience with the V2 and are going off of others' opinions. Here is mine.

If all you want is performance, then get a cold air intake. from talking to rsx owners and reading about rsx owners with the V2, i concluded that the v2 is the best alternative to a cai. you'll lose a few hp at peak performance when it's REALLY hot out, but u get the benefit of an easy installation and easy access to the filter. if it rains a lot where u live and ur worried about hydrolocking, then the v2 should be considered. according to the rsx owners, heatsoak is very minimal at best. it looks great in the engine bay, VERY noticeable gains over stock intake, and sounds badass!

as for the price, I got mine for $214 on ebay. If it wasn't for that, I would have gotten a CAI. The price is a little steep but if u can get a good deal on it, go for it.

check out my thread for more information.
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24433

As for the other mods, i have no experience first hand so i'll keep my opinion to myself. Good luck with ur ep.

rs_1101
11-20-2003, 03:34 PM
if it was me id go with the eibach pro kit and camber kit
magnaflow exhaust
spoon drop in filter w hondata box mod and cold air duct extension